• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

Blindfold race is so hype!

AGDQ Incentive Tracker said:
After the main Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island run, there will be an additional blind playthrough of a few Yoshi's Island sections. These sections include The Fuzzies section of 1-7: "Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy." The Tetris Autoscroller of 2-1: "Visit Koopa and Para-Koopa." The Dangerous Blue Spike Room of 6-E: "Castles - Masterpiece Set"

That baby bowser perler is adorable. Also that Yoshi+BB perler is uh..

cLxB9rK.png

Pretty amazing.

Coonce

What's the kill the animals meme mean?

It's a donation incentive for the super metroid run.

At the end of the game you can choose to kill the animals, which is faster. Or save the animals which takes more time, but is canon in "metroid lore" so every year there's a large donation war throughout the event to see which wins.

Pappasman

At the end of super metroid, when samus is escaping, you can go off the path to save some animals from the explosion. "Kill the animals" is just skipping that and going for a faster time. Normal SM speedruns "kill" the animals.

Aeana

It's not a meme. It's a donation incentive for Super Metroid. The animals being referred to are the animals in the game that act as tutorials to show you maneuvers, and the incentive is about whether you save them during the final escape sequence by going to a particular room in the world before going to your ship.

CassSept

In Super Metroid near the end you have a choice to take an alternate (longer) route)to take animals (well, space animals) you rescued during the game with you on your ship. If you ignore this you just go straight for the ship, effectively killing them (though well, saving the frames).

Puaru1

The donations that come with a 5 paragraph essay and the one with horrible puns make me cringe. That being said, I donated 10 bucks in Jeff Gertsmann's honor for Yoshi's Island.

Puaru1

That 2k donation did NOT get enough of a reaction.

That's because the guy commentating on the video never stopped talking long enough to even acknowledge it. Sort of disrespectful for such a large donation. Anything he had to say could of been saved for after the fact.

Phatcorns

Man, I LOVE watching speed runs and I fucking LOVE the speed run community. What a bunch of super passionate, super nice, dedicated people. Fucking these are literally like the best human beings I have seen.

Top Bottom