• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

how many WRs or "firsts" have there been at AGDQ? Like, what's the closest to streets 1:12 that happened at an AGDQ?

edit: oh yeah didn't goose set a WR last year on goldeneye co-op?

I saw a diddy kong racing 64 WR last year. Can't remember if it was summer or winter though. It wasn't hype, the guy just said "btw that was a world record" at the end of the run.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I just got back to the stream. Which game was modded -- Portal 1, or something else? How was it modded?
Portal had a special GDQ skin for the gun. I couldn't tell what was changed in Opposing Force. Probably because I'm lame, and don't own a pair of Gunnar glasses. If I had a pair of Gunnar gaming glasses, I definitely would've been able to see the subtle differences with the clear HD quality enhancements Gunnar glasses provide. I guess that's what I get for not buying a pair of Gunnar glasses from Gunnar.com, the best source for gamers seeking the highest quality gaming glasses on the market.

Blizzard

Banned
I don't know how Portal 1 was modded, but apparently this current Portal 1 has a sticker on the gun. *edit* Just beat oops.

Portal had a special GDQ skin for the gun. I couldn't tell what was changed in Opposing Force. Probably because I'm lame, and don't own a pair of Gunnar glasses. If I had a pair of Gunnar gaming glasses, I definitely would've been able to see the subtle differences with the clear HD quality enhancements Gunnar glasses provide. I guess that's what I get for not buying a pair of Gunnar glasses from Gunnar.com, the best source for gamers seeking the highest quality gaming glasses on the market.

Modding the Portal Gun texture is apparently super-easy, and very common in the Portal speedrun community.

I don't think the Gunnar (and Twitch channel) spam was a mod, exactly, just a keybound console macro he set and is probably used to spamming while streaming. But he seemed to actively hit it just after he finished the game.

Coonce

Modding the Portal Gun texture is apparently super-easy, and very common in the Portal speedrun community.

I don't think the Gunnar (and Twitch channel) spam was a mod, exactly, just a keybound console macro he set and is probably used to spamming while streaming. But he seemed to actively hit it just after he finished the game.

People are saying it was a joke, since he wore them while doing a run last year, but it's still a shitty joke.

great chamber! I probably can't do it with both hands

PORTAL WR HYPE!

Tizoc

OH COME ON they delayed Crash 2 to start when I finish work! By the time i get home it'll be over T.T
hERE'S hoping for more delays =X

Blizzard

Banned
Someone tipping commenting on world record chance, still not realizing that they can just kill the animals anyway if someone is anywhere near on track for a world record Super Metroid time.

Blizzard

Banned
Also, a brief Google search brought up a comment saying that "save the animals" has literally NEVER won at an AGDQ. I don't know if anyone has ever been close to a Super Metroid world record at AGDQ though.

Speevy

Banned
I would like to see a highlight reel of the worst fails in games done quick history.

Like just total run-ending, brutal stuff.

I'm watching the recording of the Tetris block.

i feel like i'm watching Goku and Vegeta play Tetris.

tumblr_m7no8zLH5A1rrr9s4o1_400.gif

Recall

That GDQArchive is missing so many videos now, I think the guy running it is having a hard time keeping up.

Nice to see Adam_AK is up soon, he will destroy Vice City in ways you never even thought possible.

jwhit28

Just caught the Ninja Gaiden relay race VOD and it was as great as y'all promised.

Unbelievably close race given that they were doing THREE games. The lead changes back and forth made it really exciting.

Commentary was extremely informative as well.

Some of the damage boosts in the first two games looked ridiculous.

I watched that during valve time too. Best race I've seen at a gdq.

Top Bottom