• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

SamuraiX-

This reloading of the replay with the new suit is the most broken shit ever. lmfao

dat helicopter landing at the dock going for the tank mission

swags levels over 9000

The short music when completing a Vice city mission brings back so many memories.

This run is so much more entertaining than I thought it was going to be.

This runner deserves a better couch crew. They seem completely uninterested and it looks like one of them is falling asleep.

Well he does all of his own commentary and is able to talk non stop during it so there isn't much more they could say.

Great run anyway.

ScribbleD

Vice City was a lot more interesting than the previous GTA runs.

Trials, Crash 2, 30 minute Pokemon Red, Metroid Prime, Majora's Mask, 1-handed Vanquish, MG:R with some apparently crazy shenanigans, Dark Souls 2, and blindfolded child-dungeons OOT all today and tomorrow. Holy shit.

SamuraiX-

Vice City was a lot more interesting than the previous GTA runs.

Trials, Crash 2, 30 minute Pokemon Red, Metroid Prime, Majora's Mask, 1-handed Vanquish, MG:R with some apparently crazy shenanigans, Dark Souls 2, and blindfolded child-dungeons OOT all today and tomorrow. Holy shit.

Looking forward to all that along with Goldeneye, Perfect Dark and Final Fantasy VII !!!

Gonna be a sick last two days. This week has gone by too fast. :(

SJRB

Gold Member
This runner deserves a better couch crew. They seem completely uninterested and it looks like one of them is falling asleep.

I agree that the crowd was pretty tame, but on the other hand it's like 4am over there right now.

Also, Adam makes that stuff seem so easy it's often pretty difficult to understand how hard most of his moves actually are.

that vice city run was great! Damn that games is broken!

Anyone know that funny song that would play when he would get in a vehicle?

Sounded like a funny cover of Michael Jackson's Heal The World.

SamuraiX-

Oh shit, a Trials game! I remember being blown away at last year's AGDQ by some of the shit these runners can do with the physics in this game.

Ya'll are in for a treat if you haven't seen this before.

Tarps

Managed to watch the Yoshi Island race last night, amazing watching those guys carve up one of my all time favourite games. Lots of big risks and frame perfect executions. Well played indeed.

Ya, Im not one to complain but Trials isnt holding my interest at all. It's fairly boring, still impressive, just doesnt make for a compelling stream.

demidar

Fun to play and fun to watch are two different things. You can make up things that aren't fun to watch with energy or good commentary buuuut I don't think it's really working here. Good game music helps too.

Auctopus

Just tuned in thinking it was the Jak II run. I love Trials and this guy's an incredible player but I am not enjoying that guy giving the weakest commentary I've ever heard.

Wtf at these faultless platinum extreme tracks.

I don't mean to out someone because its a charity event but its pretty clear this blazejp guy is a robot. Its cool that androids are supporting events that benefit humans though but still.

I guess I just missed it, did they make the Trials extra goal?

Edit: The big tracker says they barely scraped by.

Edit 2: Decals = "Dekkuls"?

Sorry, I'm a bit confused by the new schedule. Does anyone have any idea what time the Jak II run will be?

Just going by time estimates for the next few games, like 3 hours from now, give or take. Probably give.

Did something big delay stuff within the last day? Seemed like it was only behind by like an hour yesterday and now its like four.

Dyle

Man, donations have really slowed down. They only made 5 or 6 thousand while I was sleeping. I hope they pick up again as the marathon finishes up.

Top Bottom