• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

I'm just going through the GDQArchive right now. I haven't had time to watch it live.

What are the recommended runs? Anything as good as the Super Metroid race and blind folded Punch-Out/Super Punch-Out runs from last year?

SJRB

Gold Member
I'm just going through the GDQArchive right now. What are the recommended runs? Anything as good as the Super Metroid race and blind folded Punch-Out/Super Punch-Out runs from last year?

Ninja Gaiden relay race is the best stuff I've seen all week.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Awww yisss, in for the whole day. And I'm greeted by dat sweet PW64 music.
I'm just going through the GDQArchive right now. I haven't had time to watch it live.

What are the recommended runs? Anything as good as the Super Metroid race and blind folded Punch-Out/Super Punch-Out runs from last year?
Fucking Tetris.

Sesha

Bomberman 64 is weird. It's not really a platformer, and it's kinda more like an action puzzle game. I remember playing it at a friend's house, so I'm kinda getting a nostalgic feeling. But it feels like the game is just boss fights so far. Maybe it's because they're rushing through levels so fast.

Recall

Lack Of GDQ Archive updating is disappointing. It isn't an official channel but a fan so I guess other factors are coming into play into slowing down the release of videos.

Quenk

Lack Of GDQ Archive updating is disappointing. It isn't an official channel but a fan so I guess other factors are coming into play into slowing down the release of videos.

The youtube vod channel from reddit seems to be keeping up well. I can see that they already have the Pilotwings race up.

Dambrosi

Banned
So, I thought there were no cosplay or plushies allowed in the crowd this year? Yet I've seen both in recent days, and there's a guy in a Spyro costume behind the couch right now!

Looks like that rule was relaxed a bit.

WTF. Someone just dropped 1k to no reaction at all. The announcers really need to hype up those kinds of donations. Yesterday someone dropped 2k to no reaction. WTF. Tell everyone on the couch to get fucking hype!

Tizoc

So what'd ya'all think of this Spyro run so far?

How quickly do speedruns that ended get put up on VOD or YT? I want to watch the Crash 2 speedrun from the start when I get back home =X

Meeps

WTF. Someone just dropped 1k to no reaction at all. The announcers really need to hype up those kinds of donations. Yesterday someone dropped 2k to no reaction. WTF. Tell everyone on the couch to get fucking hype!

At the start of one run, they mentioned that they couldn't hear the announcer, so who knows.

So, I thought there were no cosplay or plushies allowed in the crowd this year? Yet I've seen both in recent days, and there's a guy in a Spyro costume behind the couch right now!

Looks like that rule was relaxed a bit.
I think if it's in moderation, and more importantly, related to the current run then it's okay. I think the moderation is the biggest problem. For example, during Awful Games we had tons of gashapon dog figures for Beethoven's 2nd, which really weren't necessary.

Just be thankful people aren't having to contend with plushies for couch space or walking around with Lucario hats for every run in the marathon room this year. People will still find ways to be awkward, though.

Gurrry

This whole AGDQ show makes me want to get a retro console. I think I have a SNES somewhere but now idea where it could be.

lol same here, ive been looking at snes prices on ebay as well as looking to the retron 5...

but then i look at the price of games that I want and im like ehhhhhh, fuck this is expensive...

Revven

Man, donations have really slowed down. They only made 5 or 6 thousand while I was sleeping. I hope they pick up again as the marathon finishes up.

Tons of people donate during the finale, don't worry about it. Last year they were sitting at like $700,000 going into the finale and ended up with more than a million at the end of the finale.

Tizoc

Assuming he's not going for a 100% completion, or at least not entering the bonus post-game stage, he's really blasting through this game faster than I thought was ever possible lol.

Dimmle

Never had a PlayStation as a kid so this is my deepest exposure to Spyro, early 2000s hotel rental notwithstanding. What a weird little game.

Assuming he's not going for a 100% completion, or at least not entering the bonus post-game stage, he's really blasting through this game faster than I thought was ever possible lol.

Pretty sure he is going for a full run. Says 120% and they talked about that at the start.

Tizoc

Pretty sure he is going for a full run. Says 120% and they talked about that at the start.

Ho
Lee
Sheet

To be able to 120% it in under 2 hours is just...mind blowing to me o_O

Never had a PlayStation as a kid so this is my deepest exposure to Spyro, early 2000s hotel rental notwithstanding. What a weird little game.

It's a collectathon similar to Rare games on the N64. The original PSX trilogy were that but Spyro 1 didn't have many mini games and was mostly about exploration and collecting gems etc.
A first time playthrough would take much much longer than this :p

Revven

Today is a REALLY good day. If you haven't seen the Metroid Prime run before you should definitely tune in for it, it's going to be awesome. All day today is awesome in general, though, especially SMRPG.

twisted89

They sound like mono-tone zombies, a 10 hour presentation on stock market movers would sound less dull. They need to get some decent twitch streamers onboard.

Today is a REALLY good day. If you haven't seen the Metroid Prime run before you should definitely tune in for it, it's going to be awesome. All day today is awesome in general, though, especially SMRPG.

Hate that I'm going to miss Metroid Prime to sleep. Along with the Zeldas.

SJRB

Gold Member
They sound like mono-tone zombies, a 10 hour presentation on stock market movers would sound less dull. They need to get some decent twitch streamers onboard.

Guys like Waffle and Dansgaming are there, they should host a bit to liven it up. I can understand getting kind of numb to donations after 5 days and probably little sleep, but keeping crowd and viewers hyped is a really good way to keep the donations going.

Sad to see Mario RPG getting delayed until the depths of night.

In contrast, maybe Metroid Prime will get delayed and I can catch it when I get out of work.

Any% is kind of boring and very straightforward, 100% is where you see some really cool tech.

Still cant believe they refused a 100% race by the best 2 runners.

Top Bottom