• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

Oidisco

Total missed opportunity, I thought. Would have loved to hear more about the design, but nobody seemed interested. Which moment are you talking about?

The dev finished telling a story about another member of the Prime Trilogy dev team that died of cancer, and there was absolutely no reaction from anyone on the couch, just an awful silence that seemed like it would never end.

Spike was hosting at the time and thanked the dev for sharing the story and offered his condolences (if I'm remembering correctly). He basically saved us all from melting from extreme awkwardness.

MattyH

frame drops are getting annoying i thought it was my internet or the xbox one twitch app being shitty at first

Oidisco

So I missed the last few minutes of the stream before it went down. I'm guessing they're trying to fix the framerate issues?

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I'm playing Alien Isolation right now, and the corridors have a very Primey vibe to them whenever its enviroments get more technizised, the beginning on the frigate for example. But that's SciFi for you I guess.

Metroid prime still holds up so well and looks great if you run it on dolphin
My computer isn't powerful enough to make that a viable option, it's fine though, I'm one of the lucky 27 people to own Trilogy.
I replayed a couple years back, for the first time in probably a decade.

Was even better than I remembered.

I want to 100% it this time, still have to play MP2 though, I didn't get to it because I burned myself out by playing MP1 and MP3 at the same time.

gngf123

Finally finished work for the week, I can watch what's left.

I want to catch up on the Portal race, and managed to watch the first day and Fzero GX. Any particularly great runs that I should go back and watch?

Coonce

I want to catch up on the Portal race, and managed to watch the first day and Fzero GX. Any particularly great runs that I should go back and watch?

To name a few

Battleblock theater
Ninja Gaiden Relay
Mario Lost Levels
Yoshi's island 2 race
Mega man 4 way race
I wanna be the boshy
Mischief Makers
Shovel Knight
Tetris block
GTA Vice City
Portal Race
Portal with Cirno and Bubbles, two guys one keyboard it's great!
I'm sure there's a few I missed

added links!

Platy

Tetris and TASBlock are must see.

Kaizo Mario and Blind Yoshi Island stages were fun too.... Mischief Makers had the cute ending, Lost levels has awesome commentary

Banjo, Battleblock, Shovel Knight and Rogue Legacy had developer commentary so those are interesting too

[edited because of the post below]

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Tetris and TASBlock are must see.

Kaizo Mario and Blind Yoshi Island stages were fun too.... Mischief Makers had the cute ending, Lost levels has awesome commentary

Banjo, Battleblock and Rogue Legacy had developer commentary so those are interesting too
Shovel Knight did too, and it was run by GAFer Capndrake.

LordAlu

How does that program work exactly?
I believe he puts in six or so barriers that are on, and that program then determines which maze it potentially is based on those positions.

Anyone know why dansgaming is at agdq? I didn't think he was a speed runner.
He loves gaming though, so what better place to go for hype gaming and meeting loads of gamers who just enjoy playing?

Anyone know why dansgaming is at agdq? I didn't think he was a speed runner.

AGDQ and SGDQ are open to general public, don't need to be a speedrunner to attend. He's a guy who has been streaming before twitch even existed (back on JTV gaming section days) and some of his friends are there so yeah, just to have fun, support speedrunners, love for gaming and streaming/twitch since practically all these speedrunners have their own twitch channels.

SJRB

Gold Member
Is there some "behind the stage" stuff going on? I'd love to see what's happening over there outside of the main room, what everybody is doing all day. I mean, is everyone just partying all day and night or what?

What's up with Samus's suit? I've never seen that.

It's the Fusion suit. You connect some cable between the GameCube and Game Body Advance to get it. One of the games need to be completed prior in order for it to unlock. I don't know if that's how he got it (maybe a glitch?) but that's how you officially get it.

It's this cable I think, beat one of the games and plug it in and magic happens

I've never done it so not sure exactly how the process works. Both games need to be running AFAIK when the link is made and one has to be beaten.

Is there some "behind the stage" stuff going on? I'd love to see what's happening over there outside of the main room, what everybody is doing all day. I mean, is everyone just partying all day and night or what?

Well the other speedrunners are practicing their runs, watching other runners practice their runs, learning from others and games they might be interested in running, etc. Also stuff like pinball and things to do. I don't think alcohol is allowed because last year some moron got drunk and did stupid shit at SGDQ.

Top Bottom