• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

BigAT

Is this ALTTP run on legit hardware or emulator/VC?

I'm pretty sure pretty much everything there is run on legit hardware.

This has probably been asked multiple times but what does "no EG" means?

Had to look it up, but it's no Exploration Glitch. Pretty sure that is the glitch where you can just fall through the world and walk past the final boss to basically beat the game in 30 seconds.

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
I'm pretty sure pretty much everything there is run on legit hardware.

Had to look it up, but it's no Exploration Glitch. Pretty sure that is the glitch where you can just fall through the world and walk past the final boss to basically beat the game in 30 seconds.

Awesome, is there any reason they seem to be using the Japanese versions?

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
"Unfortunately I'm no longer white."
io0xaYm.png

Coonce

Yess Majora's mask, my favorite Zelda game. I haven't seen a speedrun of this since ZFG ran it a few years ago.

mrlion

Humble Bundle - $472,423.46
Current Donations - $605,850.36
Current Total - $1,078,273.82

Considering that the Bundle is split 3 ways between the Bundle Tip and the Devs, you would say even if its a 3rd at the lowest for the chairty, it'd be:

Humble: $157,474.49
Donations: $605,850.36
Total: $763,324.85
At the lowest. Meaning to even match what they made last year, they still need $267,800+ between now and 4-5am Sunday.

So yeah, seems like they've lost quite a bit of steam. I hope we can all pull together to at least keep it at a gain. The end day donations tend to be pretty big.

You're missing a lot of factors though:
-Twitch subs
-Twitch company donations
-Yetee donations
-The other sponsors' donations
-Revenue from ads which are given directly to PCF.

And donations are still given after the marathon, so yeah there's still a lot of money missing and 618,000 dollars solely in personal donations is still quite the feat.

It probably doesn't help that the humble bundle isn't really good this year. I seem to remember last year's being significantly better.

evilalien

-Twitch subs
-Yetee donations

And donations are still given after the marathon, so yeah there's still a lot of money missing and 618,000 dollars solely in personal donations is still quite the feat.

Yetee donations are included in the on stream total because they donate the money through the tracker. Everything else you mentioned is valid, but fairly small overall. Tomorrow is going to be big for donations though.

Oh boy... gotta skip the Majora run. I've never played the game and I'm *really* looking forward to the 3DS release coming up so working hard to stay spoiler free. I've been spoiler free for 14 years, I can wait a little while longer ;)

Back later for Mario!

HTupolev

Yeah, the last day has been pretty weak for the AGDQ donations. It's decelerated quite a bit from early on. Tomorrow will likely see a big spike, though.

Looks like this is the year that the "~ triple every year" trend will break, heh.

Finalow

-Twitch subs
-Yetee donations

well I guess that they didn't count all of that stuff the last year as well, when they said $1kk reached.

last days will surely have bigger donations but I'm not sure if they can reach 1 million this time.

Yeah, the last day has been pretty weak for the AGDQ donations. It's decelerated quite a bit from early on. Tomorrow will likely see a big spike, though.

Looks like this is the year that the "~ triple every year" trend will break, heh.

Yea they should have set the goal a bit more conservatively this year. It doesn't look good when they can't make their 1.5 million goal. People can't afford to give so much every year and their viewership can't keep growing so quickly.

mrlion

well I guess that they didn't count all of that stuff the last year as well, when they said $1kk reached.

last days will surely have bigger donations but I'm not sure if they can reach 1 million this time.

They had more sponsors this year than they did last year so its a bit different this time.

Recall

Yea they should have set the goal a bit more conservatively this year. It doesn't look good when they can't make their 1.5 million goal. People can't afford to give so much every year and their viewership can't keep growing so quickly.

Did you see what happened with Chrono Trigger last year? Those last hours were insane with donations.

Give it time also as been mentioned the on screen total doesn't reflect the total raised. It doesn't matter how much they raise, it's been an awesome event and 700k is not chump change.

They'll cross $1m easily, I think 1.5M is also doable. There were so many donations at the end of the last few AGDQ's that it seems like at least a third of the donation total comes from the final 24hrs + bonus stream. There probably will be a huge bidding war still going on over the Super Metroid save/kill the animals for the rest of the marathon, especially since it's led into by a 3 hour Final Fantasy game.

Top Bottom