• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

Dambrosi

Banned
Why do the Humble Bundle ads always say that you can get up to nine games in it? All I can see are seven games and two subscriptions - aside from the two DLC packs for SpeedRunners. Surely that's not what they meant?!

Edit: What? Twitch are only donating $50 for every 1000 viewers? Twitch be cheap.

Rapstah

Why do the Humble Bundle ads always say that you can get up to nine games in it? All I can see are seven games and two subscriptions - aside from the two DLC packs for SpeedRunners. Surely that's not what they meant?!

Yeah, you're right, that is seven games.

Helmholtz

This game is kinda wacky for a Zelda game. Never seen or played this title as I didn't have a GBA.

I've never played this either, or watched anything from it. Looks extremely fun and the music is a really great mix of old and new Zelda tracks.
Haven't played it since I was a kid, but I remember it being easily one of the best GBA games I played. Also the only Zelda game I've played (blashphemy, I know).

Rapstah

The game's problem to me is how short it is. It felt less than half as long as any of the Oracle games, which are also great.

Dambrosi

Banned
So, what's the over/under on the final total, including Humble Bundle and Yetee et al, breaking the million dollar mark by close of show?

This game is kinda wacky for a Zelda game. Never seen or played this title as I didn't have a GBA.
I've never played this either, or watched anything from it. Looks extremely fun and the music is a really great mix of old and new Zelda tracks.
I recently bought this on Wii U VC, but haven't played it yet. It has to wait behind the rest of my backlog. This run should tide me over for now.

Coonce

So, what's the over/under on the final total, including Humble Bundle and Yetee et al, breaking the million dollar mark by close of show?

I recently bought this on Wii U VC, but haven't played it yet. It has to wait behind the rest of my backlog. This run should tide me over for now.

Last year AGDQ made $1,031,189.00 by the very end, maybe we'll break a million by then? Hard to say.

Haven't they broken 1 million already with everything added up? I think the inclusion of HB may prevent it from getting to 1 mill solely from GDQ.com.

Still, seems like the marathon's crazy YOY growth is starting to slow down.

I think at some point that was mentioned, the humble bundle should be a pretty large sum. I'm not even sure how many viewers the stream peaked at but during super metroid I can see it breaking 150K easily.

jett

D-Member
This game has the dubious honor of being one I played to completion and yet I've forgotten almost everything about it.

Last year AGDQ made $1,031,189.00 by the very end, maybe we'll break a million by then? Hard to say.

Haven't they broken 1 million already with everything added up? I think the inclusion of HB may prevent it from getting to 1 mill solely from GDQ.com.

Dimmle

This area with the Armos Knights nestled between stone gates is such classic Flagship design. Pretty sure an area like this exists in all three games.

Sesha

It's really underrated. The Oracle games too.
The Flagship / Capcom Zelda games are surprisingly good

Nintendo and Capcom (and Capcom alumni) really is a match made in heaven. Megaman, Makaimura/Demon's Crest, Flagship Zeldas, REmake, RE4, the Capcom four, and now with Platinum, W101 and Bayo2. Almost everything Nintendo does with people from Capcom turns out great.

Recall

I've been in work for the last 10 hours, last thing I've seen is Pilotwings 64 race. Has there been any good runs since? Thanks

Dingotech

Bah finally the weekend and it's all Zelda runs all day.

Apologies to those that enjoy the games but man I don't think it's good viewing for speed running.

I was loving the portal runs last night, mind blowing stuff.

Bah finally the weekend and it's all Zelda runs all day.

Apologies to those that enjoy the games but man I don't think it's good viewing for speed running.

I was loving the portal runs last night, mind blowing stuff.

I do not blame you, I found the Half Life and Metroid Prime runs boring.
Minish Cap has been the highlight of the day. Poor SMRPG and KH getting sent to the night shift.

Humble Bundle - $472,423.46
Current Donations - $605,850.36
Current Total - $1,078,273.82

Considering that the Bundle is split 3 ways between the Bundle Tip and the Devs, you would say even if its a 3rd at the lowest for the chairty, it'd be:

Humble: $157,474.49
Donations: $605,850.36
Total: $763,324.85
At the lowest. Meaning to even match what they made last year, they still need $267,800+ between now and 4-5am Sunday.

So yeah, seems like they've lost quite a bit of steam. I hope we can all pull together to at least keep it at a gain. The end day donations tend to be pretty big.

Top Bottom