• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

Omnicent

uh, I only watched the ending of the run and then the data battles, damn. when did they sing?

Spike Vegeta and some of the others sung during the gummi ship sections.
Hopefully some gets a vod for those or something. They guy who sung "I'll Make A Man Out of You" for Isle of Dragons was good (all of them were good, but that one was hard to top for me).

Heck I'll get them for you. Give me a bit (I'm, still watching the VoD for that run, but watching FF7-ending of AGDQ for now).

I think I may be missing 1 or 2, not sure. Still have to watch the vod (im at Agrabah1st time)
I'm not sure ill do the rest, but check it out and see if you want to find the others.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
kmewem.gif

jett

D-Member
This port sounds like true caca. Feels dirty that they're running it instead of the PS1 version!

Real close to 1 mil, the humble bundle has generated a shit load.

Do we know what percentage of the HB money is going to PCF so far?

RagnarokX

So... why do the pillars even have a self-destruct mechanism?

Do these guys not get that President Shinra is listening to the music while murdering hundreds of people?

Son Of D

Is there a big skip in this run? Still in Midgar with 2 hours to go I imagine so.

There's a skip on the PC version that involves a glitch with Yuffie's conversation or something. Can skip most of the game doing it.

Speaking of that glitch, is it still in the Steam version?

Recall

This port sounds like true caca. Feels dirty that they're running it instead of the PS1 version!

Do we know what percentage of the HB money is going to PCF so far?

Isn't there a slider on the humble bundle when you purchase indicating how much goes to the devs or the charity? I haven't bought it so I'm not sure if it's the same as other humble bundles.

evilalien

Isn't there a slider on the humble bundle when you purchase indicating how much goes to the devs or the charity? I haven't bought it so I'm not sure if it's the same as other humble bundles.

Because anybody who donates can move those sliders as they please, we have no idea what percentage is actually going to the charity. It's safe to say that they are getting at least the default % though which is 20%.

jett

D-Member
Is it reasonable to run FFX or FFXII any% in another GDQ? I miss the time when they had a big-ass game that they ran a couple of hours each day.

Yeah it's a user-determined slider, that's why I was wondering how could someone know how much money PCF gets out of HB.

Omnicent

Is it reasonable to run FFX or FFXII any% in another GDQ? I miss the time when they had a big-ass game that they ran a couple of hours each day.

Yeah it's a user-determined slider, that's why I was wondering how could someone know how much money PCF gets out of HB.

No FFX any% takes like 10-11 hours (Caracarn has WW for NA run at 10hours 22minutes and some seconds). I'm not sure on FFXII, but it's probably longer.

Top Bottom