• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

For people wondering what gif they were talking about.

ac9c3b79c7.gif

jett

D-Member
Why do all the NPCs have their mouths open? PC glitch?

No FFX any% takes like 10-11 hours (Caracarn has WW for NA run at 10hours 22minutes and some seconds). I'm not sure on FFXII, but it's probably longer.

Seems like they could run it if they do an hour a day with the exception of the final day. That's how they did FF7/8/9 in previous years.

Recall

Random comment - Puwexil sounds just like David X Cohen, executive producer from Futurama and host of every audio commentary for every episode on the DVDs. Must be a regional thing.

Son Of D

Is it reasonable to run FFX or FFXII any% in another GDQ? I miss the time when they had a big-ass game that they ran a couple of hours each day.

There's a segmented run of XII that sits at 6:35:17. So that's possible. FFX has a 10 hour run because of no cutscene skip.

Coonce

Is it actually pronounced "Yuh-fee"? I've always said "Yoo-fee"

And jeez, that skip, I don't even understand what just happened

SamuraiX-

WTF

These wrong warps... I suppose they're still playing within the constraints of the game's programming but I've never seen anything like this before. lol

Level 11 in the Northern Crater. wut

SamuraiX-

so this is why FF7 speedrun is ''just'' 3 hours. nice.

I'm still curious to see how they're supposedly gonna defeat Sephiroth with just grenades, moltovs and some spells.

Not to mention how the hell they're going to gain tens of levels in less than 40 minutes??

Omnicent

Ugh this is some horrible RNG on this source item stealing shit.

Is this a common run killer?

LOL THIS DUPE GLITCH WTF

its a pretty old and well known glitch. you may feel dirty using it the first few times, but afterwards you will be glade. Trust me having to morph shit in the Sunken Gelenka/Reactor with the triceratops monster sucks for sources. I did it once and never again lol.

SamuraiX-

its a pretty old and well known glitch. you may feel dirty using it the first few times, but afterwards you will be glade. Trust me having to morph shit in the Sunken Gelenka/Reactor with the triceratops monster sucks for sources. I did it once and never again lol.

I never used glitches when playing FFVII so I have no idea what's going on. lol

But yes, the second method you mentioned sounds masochistic.

So since all these source items are going into Cloud, everybody else in the party are essentially gonna be paperweights during the final boss fight?

Son Of D

what is this thing abuit kill or keep alive the animals on FFVII speed run ?

It's for the Super Metroid run later on. At the end when escaping you can either save the animals or kill them. Killing them is faster but saving them is the canon choice. It's a popular donation thing at the GDQ events.

Top Bottom