• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

siddhu33

unimpressed.
5Tz7SbO.png

My husband's so nerdy...sigh. Why am I here again...

i was waiting for the twist where TASbot refuses to be unplugged and begins its takeover of AGDQ and that would be their gimmick for the rest of the stream

emb

The camera trick was pretty cool. Awkward leadup though, and TASbot talking felt pretty unnecessary. But a good show.

Was TASVideos changing colors according to chat? I refreshed a few times, but it had only ever changed to red for me.
It'd be nice to see it win for once :V
It's won before hasn't it? Seems like it did in the first one I watched closely... 2013 I think?

I'll probably donate to it. :p

Kadin

I remember the last 4-way race with Super Metroid and it was insanely fun to watch. Should this 100% run be just as fun to watch because that Any% run was a pretty tight race from what I remember.

SJRB

Gold Member
Okay dudes, it's almost 3am. Is Super Metroid worth staying up for? Part of me doesn't want to go to bed because AGDQ will probably be over when I get up tomorrow, but fuck.. It's 3am.

Coonce

Okay dudes, it's almost 3am. Is Super Metroid worth staying up for? Part of me doesn't want to go to bed because AGDQ will probably be over when I get up tomorrow, but fuck.. It's 3am.

It's going to be REALLY hype, you can always watch the vod but... watching it live is just so good.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

You can always watch it on youtube.

SamuraiX-

So before I was just supremely confused...

When the player switches the second item in his or her Bag with his or her first Pokémon, it will force the game to switch the second Pokémon (which is nonexistent) with the first one. In this particular early-game scenario, it switches the end of list marker to the first position. This confuses the subroutine which applies the poison damage in the overworld, causing it to check Pokémon beyond the sixth slot for poison damage, decrementing massive amounts of RAM addresses while thinking they are party Pokémon's health points.

...and now my brain is literally melted.......

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION

I've been staying up until at least 5 am every night for the entire week. No regrets! lol

After this race, I'm done. I might look into other runs. So far I've only watched F-Zero climax, F-Zero X, DKC2 race, and Yoshi's Island race + bonus. Any other races I should watch? I know Tetris and Ninja Gaiden race are one.

Top Bottom