• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

Rixa

Out of the ones I've seen, Battleblock Theatre has the best commentary by a mile. Partially because of the developers Skyping in.

Thanks, watching it now :).

Tetris exhibition
Boshy
Ninja Gaiden relay
Megaman X race
MKWII Kappa(no don't ever watch that)
Goof Troop race
Anything commentated by Blechy.
Town with no name
DKCTF
DKC2 race
Yoshi's Island race
FF7(2 hours in for crazy glitches)
OOT blindfolded

Are the most stand out runs to me, i probably forgot some

Bookmarked :p

Aeana

Missed a lot of cool stuff (due to work & irl thingies). What were cool runs that I definetly should watch.

I mean good commentary from couch & great gameplay?
The ones I did see I liked a lot Rogue Legacy run.

The best commentary is Battleblock Theater. It's absolutely hilarious, and they had devs on who could easily keep up with the jokes.
EDIT: Beaten~

SJRB

Gold Member
Missed a lot of cool stuff (due to work & irl thingies). What were cool runs that I definetly should watch.

I haven't seen most of AGDQ because of work, but from what I've seen the Ninja Gaiden relay run was my favourite run of the week. That was some incredible stuff.

N4Us

Tetris, Jedi Knight, Vice City, Boshy, Lost Levels, the Punch-Outs were ones I really enjoyed. Most of them had great commentary too (I wasn't interested in VC at first but the runner's commentary was really good and kept me watching)

BattleBlock Theater. Tetris. Basically everything in Awful GDQ. Vanquish. I wanna be the Boshy.

I think this year I'll definately watch Blechy stream. I always love watching his runs whenever he does them at the DGQ events but I've never bothered to check out his stream.

It's such a shame Blechy rarely streams. I really enjoy his streams.

Cyrano

Tetris Grandmaster, while perhaps not the best on commentary, is easily the most mindblowing thing at AGDQ this year (aside from TASBot).

Like... fucking Tetris y'all.

Trance

Tetris exhibition
Boshy
Ninja Gaiden relay
Megaman X race
Goof Troop race
Town with no name
DKCTF
DKC2 race
Yoshi's Island race
OOT blindfolded

Vanquish one-handed

Noon EST bonus stream starts

Awesome, good lookin' out

UaABJ47.gif

Thanks, bookmarked the thread. Following few speedrunners at Twitter, but this helps also to see cool stuff. OFC myself being from EU means that those streams usually run at night so youtube is friend :).

There's a shitload of European runners, and a lot of American runners also stream in the middle of the night. You can almost always find a speedrunner streaming on SRL or the SDA team page at any point during a day. :)

wait, they ended up at 1.5m ? They were like 900k when they started the OTT 100% run, what happened ?

They were at 920k or so, and added the Humble Bundle and Twitch money, bringing them up to 1.15 million. And then there was an issue with the tracker and donations getting directly sent to PCF as opposed to going through the tracker first, and they're estimating that at about 300-400k, bringing the total to 1.5m.

Rixa

wait, they ended up at 1.5m ? They were like 900k when they started the OTT 100% run, what happened ?

Thurdsday tracker didnt track incoming money, but PCF got the money so there is missing money and also Humble Bundle money came in (~200k or so).
There's a shitload of European runners, and a lot of American runners also stream in the middle of the night. You can almost always find a speedrunner streaming on SRL or the SDA team page at any point during a day. :)

Watching speedrunner streams is fun. I dont like speedrunning :D.

They were at 920k or so, and added the Humble Bundle and Twitch money, bringing them up to 1.15 million. And then there was an issue with the tracker and donations getting directly sent to PCF as opposed to going through the tracker first, and they're estimating that at about 300-400k, bringing the total to 1.5m.

Thurdsday tracker didnt track incoming money, but PCF got the money so there is missing money and also Humble Bundle money came in (~200k or so).

Oh I seen thanks !

Thank You!! Wow he kind of got pretty big after I left. I remember watching his Tetris Attack streams and there would only be about 10 of us chatting away.

He's gotten a lot of viewers since the Ancient Cave community blew up, mostly from the other runners that were already bigger (e.g. elMagus).

There's actually been a pretty big community forming streaming Ancient Cave, if you want I can collect the people I know are or have been doing it and link em to you.

It is probably okay, I just know to search for Lufia 2 when on Twitch now. It is one of my favourite games of all time. Ironically it also holds huge memories of my mom. Timing is pretty neat to discover this.

TheContact

This was such a great agdq. I couldn't stay up for the Zelda OOT run but when I went to bed they were at just over 700k. They break a million ?

Nessus

This was such a great agdq. I couldn't stay up for the Zelda OOT run but when I went to bed they were at just over 700k. They break a million ?

Tentative estimate is around $1.5 million with the Humble Bundle and with donations that didn't get entered into the tracker.

Durante

I just caught up on the Dark Souls 2 runs. It's pretty interesting how not-broken the any% run with the latest version is, but how there are still tons of mechanics to explain.

TheContact

Tentative estimate is around $1.5 million with the Humble Bundle and with donations that didn't get entered into the tracker.

Unreal. Sgdq2012 ff8 poxnor run was the first gdq speed run I ever watched. Can't believe how far gdq has come since then. While I like agdq better, there's something awesome about sgdq too

Tetris exhibition
Boshy
Ninja Gaiden relay
Megaman X race
Goof Troop race
Town with no name
DKCTF
DKC2 race
Yoshi's Island race
OOT blindfolded

Want to add Kaizo Mario, Violent Storm, AvP to that list. Also The Last Ninja. usedpizza's commentary was just hilarious on that one.

Edit: And Lost Levels of course! Crown F lives.

Fraeon

What games did Blechy play/commentate?

I saw Sparkster SNES run and that game looked boring as shit but Blechy's commentary on that made it really fun to watch. Maybe he's even better with other games.

Nose Master

Fell asleep during OoT blind run. Really good year, though. And now I can go back and watch what I missed :Q

I'll never forget you, stream chat.

I had to sleep over the last few hours but it was a really good AGDQ, awesome to also hear that there was a lot more donation money then the tracker was picking up.

BONUS STREAM HYPE
2lANo.png

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Yeah a good presenter can make or break a run for the audience.
That guy who played SMB The Lost Levels was fantastic.

Rapstah

The commentary for the Ninja Gaiden relay race is fantastic. Every run should have two guys who are informed and can explain what the hell is going on. I know that's not possible for every game, but it's amazing when they can do it.

Top Bottom