• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

StayDead

Can't believe this is over again. What am I going to do with my spare time, I can't leave AGDQ in the background to give me something to watch I might not've known I wanted to watch ;_;

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
It was good for one on the runners but yeah.....

sngagn.jpg
I'm sorry but I've read though this thread and I don't understand what this is about. Or that -$10,000 4chan post is about. Can someone explain?

Velcro Fly

There are times for long and short games. A good mix is key. Constantly setting up for 20 or 30 minute games is a bit of a waste.

I'm sorry but I've read though this thread and I don't understand what this is about. Or that -$10,000 4chan post is about. Can someone explain?

I don't know what the 4chan post is about, but that image's poking fun at one of the Super Metroid runners (Epic, iirc) dying ~20 minutes in and needing to quit

On the contrary those are what I love about the speedrunning community. There are plenty of Let's Plays (especially of something like OoT). Glitches are what make them unique/fun.

Different strokes. Not looking for lets plays that just show off the full game, I can just play the game like that. But a long run like the OoT one there where it still uses glitches but gets everything are nice. Just saying. It's not that I hate glitch runs, I just don't really like any%s.

Also its kinda odd where there are a ton of games that aren't just huge glitched showcases to watch but are really popular to watch speedrun. It seems most of them are 2d sidescrollers though.

Velcro Fly

bonus is tomorrow noon EST. already donated for Melee grand finals on stream. probably will only be a day or so but yeah it's something.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I don't know what the 4chan post is about, but that image's poking fun at one of the Super Metroid runners (Epic, iirc) dying ~20 minutes in and needing to quit
Ah. Okay. I haven't watched the SM runs yet.

Also, the 4chan thing (I guess it was 4chan) is that image that showed a credit of $10,000 followed by a refund of -$10,000. People were talking about it for a few posts but it never went further. I was just curious.

I haven't watched any of this live. I prefer the cached stuff so I sometimes have no idea what is going on when reading this thread because I never know what game is currently being run or talked about.

Axiom

Loved it once again this year, but I'm not sure why I always seem to enjoy SGDQ more.

Though frankly I wish this was 24/7

N4Us

Also, the 4chan thing (I guess it was 4chan) is that image that showed a credit of $10,000 followed by a refund of -$10,000. People were talking about it for a few posts but it never went further. I was just curious.

It's suggested to be fake, apparently it doesn't match the actual layout of a Paypal refund listing.

Velcro Fly

Also thank goodness Romscout does the closing now. I remember 2013 Mike talked for what seems like an eon giving shoutouts. It seriously had to go on for like 2 hours.

Tehalemi

Can't believe this is over again. What am I going to do with my spare time, I can't leave AGDQ in the background to give me something to watch I might not've known I wanted to watch ;_;

Follow all the people you liked watching on their respective twitch pages. :D Then enjoy their stuff until SGDQ 2015.

Rixa

Missed a lot of cool stuff (due to work & irl thingies). What were cool runs that I definetly should watch.

I mean good commentary from couch & great gameplay?
The ones I did see I liked a lot Rogue Legacy run.

StayDead

Follow all the people you liked watching on their respective twitch pages. :D Then enjoy their stuff until SGDQ 2015.

I think this year I'll definately watch Blechy stream. I always love watching his runs whenever he does them at the DGQ events but I've never bothered to check out his stream.

gngf123

Missed a lot of cool stuff (due to work & irl thingies). What were cool runs that I definetly should watch.

Out of the ones I've seen, Battleblock Theatre has the best commentary by a mile. Partially because of the developers Skyping in.

505zoom

Demon's stream was at 157 viewers before the raid, then peaked up to over 33,000. Haha.

"I've got spaghetti arms now" he said.

edit - and he got an additional 6k followers out of it. Nice.

Frumix

Suffering From Success

Tetris.

Tetris exhibition
Boshy
Ninja Gaiden relay
Megaman X race
MKWII Kappa(no don't ever watch that)
Goof Troop race
Anything commentated by Blechy.
Town with no name
DKCTF
DKC2 race
Yoshi's Island race
FF7(2 hours in for crazy glitches)