• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

Jokab

B6idUInIYAE0jCN.jpg:large
Holy shit I didn't realize it was that big. The more popular runs should be really hype.

Tizoc

Oh shi, OK I am gonna to bed soon so that I can wake up in time for that Genesis platforming goodness.

Why are they playing the JP ver. of the game?

As with most games that have text, they use less characters than other languages which means less text auto scrolling and/or less text boxes so they're generally faster. Zelda games are almost always ran in Japanese. Another point is that PAL games are much slower. Oddly, though I think the fastest Zelda WW HD is Italian.

Bumhat

how good is this soundtrack? seriously

It is amazing. I haven't actually played Diddy Kong Racing since I was a kid and the music alone is bringing back so many memories.

Also, it goes without saying but AGDQ has been awesome so far! Can't believe they're four games in and have about 120,000 viewers and nearly $70k in donations already. Keep it up!

TUSR

Banned
Ask here for an invite to the NeoGAF Twitch chatroom.

Hit the button in the top left of chat:

1p1wFEE.png

There should be a pending invite here:

4OoNyY1.png

Let me know if there are any troubles. (Im headed out for a bit, hopefully someone in the room will add you)

Finalow

Holy shit I didn't realize it was that big. The more popular runs should be really hype.
same here. you probably get that idea becuase the runners have the wall behind them and not the actual crowd.
makes more sense I guess.

Diddy Kong Racing race should be interesting.

blazeuk

So glad I can just sit around in work and watch this all day tomorrow (barring anything crazy happening), should make the day go faster.

Would love an invite to the chatroom, Twitch username is blaze_uk.

Wookieomg

Sorry if this has been asked before, but how does one access invite-only chatrooms? I'd be interested in joining the GAF chat, but I wasn't even aware Twitch had those kinds of things.

Paches

"Literally moments ago"

Sucks if true, but I get the feeling some of these donation comments are pure trolling.

trixx

Sorry if this has been asked before, but how does one access invite-only chatrooms? I'd be interested in joining the GAF chat, but I wasn't even aware Twitch had those kinds of things.

post your twitch name and someone will invite you to neogaf chat

Top Bottom