• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

Is anybody else on the goddamn Wii U?

Every single time I load the Twitch Channel I get the following pop up message:

"Because of the size of this page, not all of the page could be displayed.

Try reloading the page?

CANCEL RELOAD"

It doesn't matter what freaking button I press, the page still reloads and I'm stuck in that cycle

I had the same problem, I'm watching from the initial page of twitch instead of the agdq page.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
brnouv.gif

Vorpal

1. This is fucking amazing
2. I can't believe he debugged it live

My thoughts exactly. I thought that they'd have to start from the beginning again, or maybe call the whole thing a wash, but he fixed it in a matter of minutes while the pressure was on. Super impressive

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Okay, I think I'll make a thread for the TASbot stuff. If it's redundant, feel free to delete it mods.

The next step for next year is to hack a game that uses a large memory space/has a superfx chip for added CPU power and stream the actual twitch video feed through the controller port to the screen.

I know full screen video at 10-15 FPS is possible on super nintendo and it wouldn't look half bad.

Especially using the MSU1 add on chip, it would probably look quite good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7FBBRFNZ9s

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
lol, the actual chat is full of start9, anarchy, and other commands.

I didn't even realize it was pulling the real chat because of that, I thought it was all randomly generated.

And yeah, I'm dipping out for Transistor since I haven't played the game yet.

add /mobile to the end of the url, it loads the mobile site which works way better

Use the front page. I got that error, too.

type /mobile at the end of your url

You can try closing the chat.

I had the same problem, I'm watching from the initial page of twitch instead of the agdq page.

Adding /mobile at the end worked perfectly

Thanks all!

Frumix

Suffering From Success
The next step for next year is to hack a game that uses a large memory space/has a superfx chip for added CPU power and stream the actual twitch video feed through the controller port to the screen.

I know full screen video at 10-15 FPS is possible on super nintendo and it wouldn't look half bad.

Especially using the MSU1 add on chip, it would probably look quite good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7FBBRFNZ9s

I'm not an expert on this subject but sounds like TASBot -> SNES connection would be a bottleneck for this kinda thing.

I'm not an expert on this subject but sounds like TASBot -> SNES connection would be a bottleneck for this kinda thing.

Probably so. Probably very bandwidth limited through the controller port.

Maybe they could buffer 60 seconds of highly compressed video and replay it, it would probably take 5 minutes though lol.

Any ideas on why they had to crop out the game windowed on his desktop instead of him just full screening it?

I'm confused on why that had to be so difficult.

Top Bottom