• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

I am not a casual gamer, I like challenges. I played Dark Souls on SL1 through NG+6. I like challenges because it makes the game more fun. But I see really no fun in finishing a game as fast as possible. You play video games to play them and not to finish them off as quick as possible.

It's really ironic that your talking down speedrunning when you claim you beaten Dark Souls on SL1 through NG+6. You think beating a game like Dark Souls without leveling up is a more fulfilling challenge than beating it the fastest way possible? Think about how much skill and execution is required to beat the game in less than half an hour. This is apparently the current world record run. Think you can do that yourself?

And I am not going to donating anything at all. I'm not that naïve to think that money might help the world. It's money in the first place that causes problems in this world.

You need money to help. <--- Right there that's a problem. And I am not going to support a system which believes that money could save the world, it destroys it.

You know, no one is going to judge you if you just don't want to donate any money.

Murkrow

Banned
Think you can do that yourself?

With practice, sure, anyone could. But as I said, I have no interest in something like that. I play games to play them. And glitching games -that's what most speedrunners do-, isn't a challenge. It might have took time to find out these things and perform then but then again, cheat tools also required time to find out how they work.

TheMoon

And I am not going to donating anything at all. I'm not that naïve to think that money might help the world. It's money in the first place that causes problems in this world.

You need money to help. <--- Right there that's a problem. And I am not going to support a system which believes that money could save the world, it destroys it.

Right, actively not giving money to organizations that help people will surely teach the system that money is evil and that needing it is bad. lol wow.

Sorry for the off topic rant. Done with it now.

Mupod

I'll be busy during a lot of the games I wanna watch...too bad this wasn't last week.

With practice, sure, anyone could. But as I said, I have no interest in something like that. I play games to play them. And glitching games -that's what most speedrunners do-, isn't a challenge. It might have took time to find out these things and perform then but then again, cheat tools also required time to find out how they work.

I think you need to watch this marathon just to find out how wrong you are.

Brinbe

I pretty much have a week off of work, and it couldn't have come at a better time. I'm gonna watch the hell out of this. Can't wait.

PKrockin

The Town with No Name? holy shit how and why are they even speed running that

I eagerly look forward to kicking things off with Dong Freeze. That's a game I've been waiting for the inevitable GDQ run of since I first played it. Should be more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

ec0ec0

With practice, sure, anyone could. But as I said, I have no interest in something like that. I play games to play them. And glitching games -that's what most speedrunners do-, isn't a challenge.

have you ever watched a Super Mario 64 100% speedrun? it's just "play to play", no glitches there (almost nonexistent). You may like that one. I'm using that one as an example because everyone knows that game.

edit: banned (this seems more appropriate), he should have stayed away from this thread.

Tizoc

FUUUUUUUUUU I FORGOT ALL ABOUT THIS!
I even wanted to take leave from work to watch specific games =_=
Well I may be able to catch the 6th and 7ths' games but the rest I'll end up having to YT :V

GET HYPE FOR AVP!

TheMoon

I keep noticing how AGDQ is a lot more Euro friendly than SGDQ in terms of the scheduling for games that I'd like to watch. No need to stay up until the wee morning hours :D

But I bet I'll lose a lot of sleep anyway.

Revven

I really wish A Hat In Time came out when it was supposed to. This would be great exposure for it.

Yeah, that would've been great to see. Oh well, maybe it'll be ready for next year or possibly SGDQ 2015? Depends on when they pushed it to, I guess.

MaxiLive

Yay!!!!

One of my favorite times of the year is when AGDQ is on, many sleepless nights and hours upon hours of entertainment.

TUSR

Banned
Yeah, that would've been great to see. Oh well, maybe it'll be ready for next year or possibly SGDQ 2015? Depends on when they pushed it to, I guess.

Cosmo was playing it earlier this last year (2014) and late 2013, it was scheduled for Early 2014 release.

Hopefully it comes out soon so it can be in consideration for SGDQ.

Salih

awkward high-five moments?

tmLQj7I.gif

yUSUs1U.gif

awkward high-five moments.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Shirts are for attendees only? Lame.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I want to see Cosmo do ZZT again!

Also, which year had that drunk/high guy that was kicked out of the hotel for being inappropriate with one of the girls there?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Wasn't there supposed to be some Mario 64 WR competition? Sig said something about it at one point, I think

Or did that die out.

It was an incredibly complex build (it actually has a pose-able skeleton inside) and it's actually rather expensive. She does commissions and she estimates that she'd charge something like 600 dollars to do the Ridley. It's really super elaborate for a plush toy. Also it doesn't show up well in the photos but it's made of velvet so it's like super swanky Ridley.

I feel like it could use some kind of scaly texture but otherwise looks real nice.

The hype is so real. It always seems like the next gdq is so far away, and then bam its suddenly time. So many runs I want to catch live this year, Stiv on banjo, cubeface on blood, tekkie on silent hill, I can't fucking wait.

Revven

I want to see Cosmo do ZZT again!

Also, which year had that drunk/high guy that was kicked out of the hotel for being inappropriate with one of the girls there?

That would actually be last year's AGDQ iirc. That guy ran the Kirby game, I think it was the Gameboy one? I forget his name (it's probably best anyway lol).

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Hmm. I only wear t-shirts if I'm lounging around the house, but my love of Oddworld is making that Abe shirt call to me.

Kyou

I feel like it could use some kind of scaly texture but otherwise looks real nice.
She looked for months for good purple scaly fabric, just couldnt find it.

Also it sounds like the Ridley plushie will be available to win during both sets of Metroid games.

Revven

Oh shit seems Kirby Super Star has turned into a race between usedpizza and 0xwas. Prepare your butts!

The AGDQ Kirby Super Star run is now a race between 0x and myself. This is not a drill. Holy moly.

Source

Top Bottom