• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

Baleoce

Can't wait for this. Great games to start it off too.

EDIT - God damn, that schedule list is too good. Wow.

Dorygrant

Ahhh why do I have a rehearsal from 12-5pm :( I never miss the start of gdq's.

so excited this year since I havent been following as closely, Im interested to see how the games have evolved

also didnt know the shirts were so cheap! Sweet

"I would really prefer if you were quiet."

God, that was awkward.

From that Tomba 2 run in SGDQ? From what I understand, runners usually have a prearranged posse sitting on the couch when they are running. That guy who was being awkward and annoying the Tomba 2 runner was not someone he knew.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Where did you hear that?

The guy who will run Ground Zeroes said it yesterday on his practice stream. He will be on the couch and read donations but for runs he's not good enough.

Seriously wtf? elitist much?

The guy who will run Ground Zeroes said it yesterday on his practice stream. He will be on the couch and read donations but for runs he's not good enough.

Seriously wtf? elitist much?

Doesn't Bluegrass only run Ecco the Dolphin? Well, he already had a run in SGDQ last year so there's no real point in having him do it again.

Sn4ke_911

Doesn't Bluegrass only run Ecco the Dolphin? Well, he already had a run in SGDQ last year so there's no real point in having him do it again.

but everyone loves Blueglass aka YSG. He wanted to do a run but got rejected because he's not good enough? that's not fair!

He's the heart of this event.

VIR8Q.jpg

MaxiLive

Same as Zledas, GTA, Metroid etc. It should still be able to do this run it is usually pretty good! SGDQ didn't go so well before but his previous runs have been pretty good :D

If he wants to do it then they should give him a solt but to be honest I wonder if Bluegrass is maybe not interested in running either and would rather just be a spectator.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Damn I won't be able to see a good chunk of the first day, but I'll make sure to tune in for the first definite highlight of the stream:

5.1.2015 21:55:00 F-Zero GX

That was fucking ridiculous the last time.

Same as Zledas, GTA, Metroid etc. It should still be able to do this run it is usually pretty good! SGDQ didn't go so well before but his previous runs have been pretty good :D

If he wants to do it then they should give him a solt but to be honest I wonder if Bluegrass is maybe not interested in running either and would rather just be a spectator.

Competition for run slots is pretty fierce. They've got more excellent runners than actual timeslots to feature them. There were tons of excellent runs proposed that had to get cut, some of them real heartbreakers. That's the unenviable task the organizers face, figuring out exactly which runs are going to keep people's interest and of course generate the most money for the charity.

It all ends up working out pretty great though, every marathon there ends up being a game that I've never given a shit about in my life that I end up picking up and playing just because of how interesting the run was.

That said I'm willing to bet they're holding out a YSG run as a donation incentive. They could stick a 50 grand pricetag on it and it'd get met within an hour.

Ludovico

That schedule is bananas.
Is there an ongoing index of the runs so I can jump right to one I've missed? I assume all this stuff is recorded and available throughout the event?

I get certain games like goldeneye and mario kart, but is someone really going to beat FFVII in three hours?

Tuesday/Wednesday night is a fantastic line-up, probably the most interesting one for me, but I got two exams on Wednesday, what an amazing timing.

You can always watch the runs after they've been done. The popular ones get uploaded to Youtube, but all of them gets put in the Twitch archives!

Finalow

welp double post.

but everyone loves Blueglass aka YSG. He wanted to do a run but got rejected because he's not good enough? that's not fair!
He's the heart of this event.
-
it probably has to do with the fact that in his last run of Ecco the Dolphin he cheated in order to finish it. also if that's the only game he can run it's understandable.
I don't however like the fact that he isn't running anything this time. :( rip YSG

You can always watch the runs after they've been done. The popular ones get uploaded to Youtube, but all of them gets put in the Twitch archives!

People on Reddit tend to me a really helpful page as well which gives links to the specific times in the Twitch archives. I expect someone will post that in here pretty quickly.

Lol, already posted.

BY2K

Membero Americo
There's a guy in a Bugs Bunny suit sitting on a couch next to a guy glitching the fuck out of BK.

This is already nuts.

Godcannon

Ain't nothing like gaming for charity. This will be fun to watch and definitely checking out the Merch to make a donation. Thank you! The only speed runs I've ever done have been Super Mario World and Megaman 1-10.

Tizoc

30 mins to go XoX
I think I'll skip watching DK, I don't own a Wii U but it's like this game I don't want to spoil myself on =X
i DO plan on getting a Wii U someday...

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The hype is real!

I hope for Summer Games or AGDQ 2016, there's more Wii U runs than Tropical Freeze.

Revven

DKCTF is going to be such a good opening run, especially because Spike is going to be on the couch commentating.

Jay RaR

Yes! I get to watch this 720p 60 fps on my 32" monitor! Kreygasm

No more using my shitty Macbook to watch these strimms

Sn4ke_911

Oh shit Tri-Hex shirtless on stream.

inb4 banned

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Twitch needs to take a lesson from youtube on live streaming video. Being able to skip around, rewind, and pause would make this entire event much more watchable.

Top Bottom