• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

Core Zero

Aw yiss blindfolded Punch-Out and Goldeneye 4-way race. *readies popcorn*

Not to lessen your hype, but no blindfolded Punch Out this year, after last year's once-in-a-million runs, but Sinister and Zallard should both put on an equally amazing show while they can see.

As for me, I generally always have a speedrunning stream open if I'm on a computer, so I will be watching this pretty much whenever I'm not sleeping this week. Should be amazing the whole way through. I do have to skip the DKCTF run though, because I want to play the game at some point without being spoiled.

Im really liking this years schedule, lots of runs that I want to see. SGDQ was great as usual but it did seem to have more obscure games than usual.

Nanashrew

Banned
Im really liking this years schedule, lots of runs that I want to see. SGDQ was great as usual but it did seem to have more obscure games than usual.

Yeah. My schedule is going to be totally wrecked this time around. There are so many good games being run I want to see that come on day and night.

Yeah. My schedule is going to be totally wrecked this time around. There are so many good games being run I want to see that come on day and night.

Im just going to watch as many as I can and then try and catch up through the twitch archives in the sections im not interested. Thankfully I actually have all next week off work so I'll be able to watch as much as possible.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Ordered the fuck out of the Serious Badge and Troupple King shirts.

Hoping I did well in picking a medium considering they said to use American Apparel sizing as a reference.

We need to start treating speedrunners with the same respect athletes get. They both play games but to be honest it probably takes more discipline and skill to become good at speedrunning since it's more competitive.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
We need to start treating speedrunners with the same respect athletes get. They both play games but to be honest it probably takes more discipline and skill to become good at speedrunning since it's more competitive.
Are you just trying to start something because I can't see what other reason your post has.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

Who are you talking to?

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Man, kinda bummed there isn't a 3D World run :[
there was one at SGDQ 2014, iirc?

Yes, here it is. It was the opening run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_Vg8N4FJZ0
Is it a 100% run? I've watched two YouTubers play through the entire game but never finish the final level because they kept saying "Well, now we need to get all the stars and stamps and flagpole tops so we'll come back later" and never do. (I'm looking at you, GameGrumps and Dashie)

It's the finale so there's a good chance many people will already watch it, but everybody needs to check out ZFGs run of OoT 100%. There's a hundered glitches being abused in ridiculous ways every minute and ZFG pulls them of with a crazy consistencey which makes it a real joy to watch. He'll also do nice commentary with Runnerguy, Cosmo and Pheeno on the couch.

Too bad my boy Spikevegeta isn't doing DKCTF or running any game for that matter. One of the cooler runners I started following after AGDQ last year. Atleast Naeglaria is running a game, although I seem to be the only person who likes him lol.

Damn this dude is everyone's best friend. Not even joking I like his positive attitude.

Surprised no one has mentioned his name yet. That's Blueglass, idk if he's running a game this year but he usually runs Ecco the Dolphin. But he's more known for being at almost every run. I don't know if he's talked about it himself but it seems like when he finally does go to sleep he seems to do it during more popular blocks and ends up at a lot of the lesser known runs. He's become a sort of celebrity during the event, unfortunately starting out as a joke, but now he's generally well loved by chat and runners alike.

Hoping I did well in picking a medium considering they said to use American Apparel sizing as a reference.

Wait, what do you mean? Are the sizes like not accurate to typical shirt sizes?

TheMoon

Is it a 100% run? I've watched two YouTubers play through the entire game but never finish the final level because they kept saying "Well, now we need to get all the stars and stamps and flagpole tops so we'll come back later" and never do. (I'm looking at you, GameGrumps and Dashie)

Champion Road was a donation incentive. He flies through it after the main any% run.

If you had just clicked on the link and looked at the YouTube description, you would've seen that. It even has clickable timestamps...

I wear UK large and have to order yetee large, their medium is a real medium.

Has anyone from the UK bought any of the t-shirts before? I always want to but ive no interest in getting hit by import charges and I know some sites are better than others when it comes to stuff like that.

Has anyone from the UK bought any of the t-shirts before? I always want to but ive no interest in getting hit by import charges and I know some sites are better than others when it comes to stuff like that.

with postage I think it ends up being about £12-£14, i order one nearly every event and never had customs charge on top.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
with postage I think it ends up being about £12-£14, i order one nearly every event and never had customs charge on top.
Not from the UK so this might be wrong, but I think everything below £15 is free of customs charge?

Top Bottom