• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

Ardenyal

c118084bce6c14d4a74867369c9b25a484f58e7d219a617a2c7214d0d014c52a.jpg

Pretty funny body block.

K.Sabot

Both of the Dark Forces games are pristine examples of the old shooter genre and hold up well today.

Jedi Knight 2 also had some awesome levels in it.

McNum

I had hoped this would have been a gross abuse of Force Speed and Force Jump... and it was! Yay.

I remember how silly fast Kyle could run, I used to never go over two stars in Speed since I just couldn't control him at that speed. Seeing four star Speed handled like this was fun.

Source port; a variant based off of the original quake engine. Funnily enough, Valve's engines are based off of id's quake engine.

Yeah, that's why I got confused. Source Engine is just an updated version of Goldsrc, which is essentially the Quake engine! I couldn't imagine they'd actually allow a Source Engine port speedrun haha.

G-Fex

sourceports are programs supporting old pc games running on either dosbox or whatever, from zdoom to EGDuke to JoeQuake.

2MF

Source port; a variant based off of the original quake engine. Funnily enough, Valve's engines are based off of id's quake engine.

He even loaded the save from the Source engine in the vanilla game (to show the final cutscene which doesn't work in the Source port).

That cutscene (and the opening one in particular) were genuinely cool back in the day!

Good run. The guy seemed to get quite a bit of bad luck on that one, but these guys never get flustered.

tci

That cutscene (and the opening one in particular) were genuinely cool back in the day!

Good run. The guy seemed to get quite a bit of bad luck on that one, but these guys never get flustered.
I think most of the mistakes came from him commentating at the same time.

I think most of the mistakes came from him commentating at the same time.

Yeah, it blows my mind that they can do that at all. I think that guy might've been under pressure to talk more because it was just him. I like the format where they have two guys - one to play and one to commentate. Then the guy playing can just commentate when he has a few spare seconds where he doesn't have to concentrate.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
FUCK the Duke Nukem 3D Dark Side skip.

I will say it is damn good to see Duke Nukem 3D as the highest viewed game on Twitch.

Hail to the king, bitches.

Top Bottom