• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

G-Fex

Good Job Capn! Proud to see him at AGDQ running Keen.

Shit I promised him I'd practice E1 of Wolf3D, I need to get on that.

Can't wait for I Wanna Be the Boshy run, witwix is a god himself playing that, it's insane. IWBTB runs are always impressive.

Too bad Solgryn's new game Wings of Vi is not run this year, guess it's too new to be run yet but I've seen a few guys on twitch attempting speed runs of it.

Can't wait for I Wanna Be the Boshy run, witwix is a god himself playing that, it's insane.

Too bad Solgryn's new game Wings of Vi is not run this year, guess it's too new to be run yet but I've seen a few guys on twitch attempting speed runs of it.

witwix is one of the pretty skilled players who explains the stuff as he goes too. Great runner

RoadHazard

Gold Member
There's just something so janky, ugly and somewhat terrible about the Commander Keen games next to the console platformers of the time that id attempted to replicate on the PC. But I guess they have their own charm.

Now, N is some great shit. Wasn't there a new one coming to PS4?

dmr87

omg, that is going the be a very stressing run. cant imagine the level of practice someone needs to speedrun it.

Dram55 is really good and CarlSagan have been training to try and be competitive so they can have a fun race, both are great speedrunners and commentators overall.

Not often I agree with Twitch chat but between this game, the commentators and the sound levels I'm about to fall asl...Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Kind of sad this N run is only of the 1x column. The later levels are goddamn insane and since we're running Boshy soon it's weird that they'd only do the easiest chapter.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Is Boshy that absolutely insane game where ridiculous shit keeps happening and nobody knows what's going on? Yeah, that was pretty fun last time.

Tizoc

Aren't they gonna start a new save?
Is this gonna be a main game speedrun or are they just gonna speedrun certain stages?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
So what, are the runners and the main audience in different rooms? Is the audience just watching on a screen? What's even the point to being there then?

So what, are the runners and the main audience in different rooms? Is the audience just watching on a screen? What's even the point to being there then?
Apparently the runners are on a stage.

As for the point of being there. Well If you're running you might as well hang around for a bit.

Xeteh

They've done Rayman Legends in so many recent GDQs I guess they wanted to try something different?

As someone who has played this game the speed this guy is going through these challenges is insane. I had no idea a timer makes or breaks the excitement for you guys.

They've done Rayman Legends in so many recent GDQs I guess they wanted to try something different?

As someone who has played this game the speed this guy is going through these challenges is insane. I had no idea a timer makes or breaks the excitement for you guys.

Reset-reset-reset isn't really within the spirit of this marathon, unfortunately. It's really killing the momentum for me.

It's not the timer as much as it's trying to achieve something. Them trying to get through the game, or a race, or a set group of levels. Seeing quick restarts to see the best run they can get is kind of where I look for their personal streams or channels. That's more practice than anything it seems to me.

No, its the game. I think he's using some program so he can load up the daily/weekly challenges on demand though.

Oh, ok. I didn't rememebr those jump tricks he was doing with the red thing but maybe because I used only Rayman.

This game really shines when you do timed challenges, I remember trying for hours and hours on a single stage.

Top Bottom