• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Castlevania block starting with a great run and no hype whatsoever :-(

Also looking up that Magical Pop'n VA, she had an... interesting career to say the least.

antibolo

Banned
I feel like all the interesting stuff is during night and daytime...

This evening is Mario and Zelda. Who hasn't seen those games already.

antibolo

Banned
This is why games were made ultra-hard back then. To hide that they're really short.
Even a normal run of Castlevania (no death at least) will only be an hour long.

Fun fact: some NES games were deliberately tweaked to be harder when localized outside of Japan, in order to discourage rental.

DzWLd6k.jpg

How I feel while watching these runs sometimes.

Keby

This AGDQ has been amazing so far.
The F-Zero block was fanastic.
Battle Block theater was incredibly hilarious.

Btw I encourage people to watch Tetris the Grand Master on wednesday. It just got moved to 5:23pm PST
I have a friend who's going to show off one of the games. It is truly something to behold live. It's basically really really fast tetris.

Is anybody else having trouble accessing twitch? The main page loads for me, but when I try to load an actual stream, it only shows the twitch logo and nothing else.

Rapstah

I love how they have prepared graphics setups for these three-or-four player races. It looks really good. Production has been great this time around, barring some sound issues.

Is there an IRC link to the gaf and/or main chats? I can't get the chat to load on twitch since I can only watch from the main screen for some reason.

SamuraiX-

I've been confused why in most of these runs, the seating in the back looks absolutely pitiful. I've seen pictures and the hall looks huge so what gives?

Also, did YSG not show up this year? :(

I've been confused why in most of these runs, the seating in the back looks absolutely pitiful. I've seen pictures and the hall looks huge so what gives?

He did, but they're doing something weird with on-camera audiences or something. I've seen Blueglass on a few times, but nobody's been on camera more than a few times it seems.

They've got the immediate seating area for the runner and approved spectators, and then a much bigger room for everyone else attending. YSG's there, but I haven't seen him in the couches directly behind the runner.

SamuraiX-

He did, but they're doing something weird with on-camera audiences or something. I've seen Blueglass on a few times, but nobody's been on camera more than a few times it seems.

They've got the immediate seating area for the runner and approved spectators, and then a much bigger room for everyone else attending. YSG's there, but I haven't seen him in the couches directly behind the runner.

He's been in the background of a few runs.

Really weird decision by the organizers to do that. I feel like that's contributing to the deflated hype this year. Who asked for them to change the format anyway?

Glad Blueglass is there. I better be able to catch him at least once in one of these runs.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
They've got the immediate seating area for the runner and approved spectators, and then a much bigger room for everyone else attending.
And it sucks big time, hype is literally absent since F Zero now.

Top Bottom