• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

Watching Fire Emblem played quickly is surprisingly enjoyable. It's like a catharsis for all the pain of multiple game resets per level in Awakening to prevent anyone from dying.

McNum

Yeah, just for the record, Radiant Dawn is in the harder end of the Fire Emblem games. And it's getting destroyed here.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
What's been the most entertaining runs so far? Going to download a few to watch overnight

def Boshy, DKC2, and Battleblock Theater.

Battletoads was also good, as was Dark Forces II

DKC:TF was purportedly good, but I didn't catch the whole thing.

ScribbleD

This is boring as sin. I'm dying to see the Silent Hill run, but FE is putting me to sleep. Gonna run across the street and grab a few Red Bulls.

What's been the most entertaining runs so far? Going to download a few to watch overnight

TASBOT - Mario Kart challenge
TASBOT - Super Mario World
TASBOT - Pokemon Red
inFamous Festival of Blood had a cool ending
Super Monkey Ball runs are always great if you haven't seen one before.
FZero GX is great
Boshy was neat.

I wish Silent hill was first so that whoever wants to watch 3 hours of FE can do it overnight :p

From what I've seen:
TASBOT - Mario Kart challenge
TASBOT - Super Mario World
TASBOT - Pokemon Red
Super Monkey Ball runs are always great if you haven't seen one before.
FZero GX is great
Plus Battleblock Theater - Two of the devs join in for the whole 3 hour run. It's hilarious and informative and fantastic and funny.
DKC2 race - Very intense and close at times

Metroidvania

If there's one thing I love Awakening for, it's the ability to skip entire enemy turns with start.

That feature had better make it into the next game, if nothing else.

Are any JRPG runs actually entertaining? Everytime I see them in these events they're a bore.

There's a rare few. Like, this game and some others are the fucking WORST because once you just get to this OP point, it's just a snowball from then on. One of if not THE most exciting aspects of speed running is to see if they can prevent any screw ups. The only cool thing about most JRPG runs is the RIDIC menu navigation, but that loses it fascinating factor after like five minutes.

I don't think I've seen a SH speedrun before, so I'm actually excited for it, which makes this like 3 hour wait unbearable.

Battleblock Theater

Easily.

McNum

I see the stream mutinied against this wanton murder of fan favorite characters. Guess the Twitch server is a Marcia fan.

Metroidvania

When this game started, I remembered vaguely not liking the end of Radiant Dawn.

I have now remembered why.

Lol, my X1 Twitch app just gave me the Hipster achievement which is for watching a live stream on a channel with less than 10 viewers for an hour.

Top Bottom