• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

Delio

tumblr_nerd6lryfb1r5j6zeo1_500.gif

FE hype! ( not the right FE i know but still)

Nah, it's really just this game. It has basically no tricks and is very easy compared to the demanding runs before it. It's just not fun to watch.

I just mean that it's just several mario games in a row. Gets really boring watching the same type of games.

Edit: WTF 3 hours? Is this a speedrun or a slow run?

daydream

Banned
As masterful as it probably will be, I can't get excited about the prospect of a 3h speedrun. Sub-30min is perfect for me, both because it fits the spirit of the format and usually coincides with the games I'm interested in.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Mia >>>>>>> Edward or Zihark.

Too bad Nephenee will never reattain her former glory. :/

Game is long, though I do admit, it does throw off the pacing a bit when 2+ hour runs happen.

boxter432

NSMBWii may be pretty boring, but 2 min of FE is helping me fall asleep....menu move on grid, words on screen, move, words, menu.

Vorpal

I remember trying to follow along with a speedrun of Tales of Symphonia during my fourth playthrough (going for the platinum, not proud) and it gave me a lot more respect for these kinds of playthroughs. The amount of stuff you need to commit to memory is nuts. Definitely the marathon equivalent of speedrunning.

Blizzard

Banned
The game camera has some sort of slight floaty delay as it follows units. I feel like I could get motion sickness watching this too long.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Those menu movements though!

Lol, I love Fire Emblem, but I'll be the first to admit it's not really what I normally think of as a speed-running game.

They removed bow weakness from dragon riders? That, uh, doesn't seem like a good idea.

Yeah, it was pretty silly. Leads to Jill dominating pretty much everything, as you'll see.

I just mean that it's just several mario games in a row. Gets really boring watching the same type of games.

If the game or the commentary is great, the time doesn't matter too much.

But I don't see this being solid for 3 hours, given the game-type.

Xerotwo

Battleblock Theater was amazing all throughout its runtime.

TT_TT

That's only because the developers who called in are funny as shit, while the people who are commentating in the couch are a friendly bunch.

I really don't know why they decided to give FE a greenlight if it's going to be mainly quick menuing and rushing through. The commentary doesn't bring much either.

Velcro Fly

they put it in for variety. if every GDQ we got the same games it would be boring. There is a week to fill and not every game is going to be amazing.

and watching this makes me want to play FE:A :(

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I really don't know why they decided to give FE a greenlight if it's going to be mainly quick menuing and rushing through. The commentary doesn't bring much either.
You can tell there's been a lot of thought put into optimizing this 3 hour game run, who woulda thunk Micaiah at level 1.

Top Bottom