• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

JNT

Peaches.jpg
!

Too bad he's not running Doom 64 as well.

Durante

so what are the best runs so far?
Battleblock Theater and I Wanna Be The Boshy had the most fun commentary.

The Commander Keen series has the greatest glitches/second ratio.

In terms of execution, I loved the Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Dark Forces II, They Bleed Pixels and Descent runs.

JNT

Any? I guess?

I just wanna see some wild shit

Jedi Knight is probably my favorite so far. That run was insane.

Duke Nukem 3D so fast it's hard to keep up. Blood also I guess.

[Edit]
Oh yeah, Descent too. Such a nauseating and awesome run.

Brashnir

Battleblock Theater and I Wanna Be The Boshy had the most fun commentary.

The Commander Keen series has the greatest glitches/second ratio.

In terms of execution, I loved the Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Dark Forces II, They Bleed Pixels and Descent runs.

Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels was great too.

Vaddon

Boshy and Battleblock Theater had excellent commentary, a lot of fun. Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels also had a really likeable commentator, that was great too.

Technically, Tropical Freeze, F-Zero GX and Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II were all very impressive. The DKC2 race was a lot of fun too.

Nanashrew

Banned

DKCR: Tropical Freeze, TASbot block, F-Zero GX, Jedi Forces 2 (make sure you play benny hill in the background for 11/10 experience), battleblock theater (the full 3 hours), Within a Deep Forest, Super Castlevania IV 4-way race, I wanna be the Boshy, DKC2 4-way race, Super Mario: Lost Levels, Kaizo Mario.

Those are my must sees so far.

Really good commentary on this Kid Chameleon run, and extra interesting since I played a ton of this game as a kid. I remember finding out somehow that the game had 100+ levels, and it blew my mind. This game felt impenetrable in a really cool way.

Oh wow, just noticed that Peaches changed his twitch channel. I thought he just stopped streaming. His highest difficulty Doom 64 runs are awesome.

Really good commentary on this Kid Chameleon run, and extra interesting since I played a ton of this game as a kid. I remember finding out somehow that the game had 100+ levels, and it blew my mind. This game felt impenetrable in a really cool way.

Blechy really has the best commentary on everything. I got banned from chat for saying he had a better voice than Peter Dinklage when everybody else was calling him "Tyrion." Go figure.

Tizoc

So Sonic 2 is up next, but honestly, I don't see how it can be any better than previous speedruns.
I'm more hype for Sonic 3 though.

Top Bottom