• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

Yeah, I was just kind of thinking this when they talked about resetting near the beginning and with the reply of doing best of runs. The resetting at the beginning sounds a little cheap though. But I can definitely see the appeal of the randomness since it is the appeal of the game.

Well using the same seed doesn't mean using a seed that the players already know the world for. It just makes it so that both runners are on guaranteed even footing.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
4YmuSX5.png

https://twitter.com/CellarDoorGames/status/552805870749233153

Just watched the Rogue Galaxy run. Having Kenny Lee, the programmer of the game, sitting on the couch was great. Watching that glitched credits section was amazing and having Cellar Door Games state that on their twitter is stupendous. We live in a glorious age where game developers are now budding gamers who have grown up and understand their audience to the utmost degree without being under the umbrella of Nintendo.

Good times.

Quenk

Just watched the Rogue Galaxy run. Having Kenny Lee, the programmer of the game, sitting on the couch was great. Watching that glitched credits section was amazing and having Cellar Door Games state that on their twitter is stupendous. We live in a glorious age where game developers are now budding gamers who have grown up and understand their audience to the utmost degree without being under the umbrella of Nintendo.

Good times.

I believe that it was actually Ethan Lee on the couch. He handled porting it to Mac/Linux

Owensboro

Just catching up on runs I missed yesterday: The Boshy runner and the Lost Levels (Mario 2) runner are both awesome, and make those runs great to watch. I hope they get "Must Watch" tags. Anything else I missed that was awesome?

Rixa

Just catching up on runs I missed yesterday: The Boshy runner and the Lost Levels (Mario 2) runner are both awesome, and make those runs great to watch. I hope they get "Must Watch" tags. Anything else I missed that was awesome?

Todays Rogue Legacy, great run with game developer commenting at sofa it.

Grinchy

Banned
lol the video quality and size makes it almost impossible to know what's going on for people who don't already understand this game (like me)

Good commentary though.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't watched since Witwix ran Boshy, but have they eased up a bit on the audience restrictions? It felt like the Boshy run was a free for all, and that certainly benefited the hype levels...

Tizoc

Time for some beat'em-up arcade goodness, I never played Violent Storm, but it'll be interesting to see how they're gonna speed through this game.

I haven't watched since Witwix ran Boshy, but have they eased up a bit on the audience restrictions? It felt like the Boshy run was a free for all, and that certainly benefited the hype levels...

All the way though the Mario block they seemed to be having more fun, doing things like audience shots and playing a bunch of musics between runs. Got me if it was an intended thing or just something temporary while the hype levels were high though.

So for this block $20 for first credit and $10 for each additional one?
Battletoads is going to be so expensive!

Also interesting they are not using MAME emulation.

Tizoc

I can't be the ONLY one here who's impressed by these animations?
...and holy shit this game is practically Hokuto no Ken lol.

Aeana

So for this block $20 for first credit and $10 for each additional one?
Battletoads is going to be so expensive!

Also interesting they are not using MAME emulation.
I don't think they do any emulation at these events. Other than official stuff, anyway.

Top Bottom