• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

daydream

Banned
Where's my GOLDROCK at?

0uz51Kk.png

preach

Dimmle

Is this game a bit of a black sheep in the classic Sonic fan community? I feel like it's always mentioned in hushed tones while Sonic 2 and Sonic CD are upheld as paragons of the franchise. I really, really like Sonic 3 and I don't even like most Sonic games.

Mesoian

WELL THEN...!

I have...never seen this glitch.

Is this game a bit of a black sheep in the classic Sonic fan community? I feel like it's always mentioned in hushed tones while Sonic 2 and Sonic CD are upheld as paragons of the franchise. I really, really like Sonic 3 and I don't even like most Sonic games.

It's a fantastic game, but it has the worst pixel art of any of the 2D sonics. I have no idea why they decided they needed to redraw Sonic from how he looked in Sonic 2 and Sonic CD. He just looks bad.

Everything else about it is totally solid and S3+K is pretty damned amazing.

Tizoc

Uh no.
Sonic 3 and Knuckles is usually regarded as the best.

I'm not liking these skips much, I mean they're funny but I'd rather a normal speedrun @_@

PKrockin

No, not really from what I can tell.

people who like cd best are most certainly a minority

otherwise i'd say the majority are split between 3&k and 2, leaning toward the former

Dimmle

Amazing music in this game.

I'm going to start referring to things as "optimal." Soundtrack in this game is so optimal.

J@hranimo

Banned

In regards to the best Sonic game, this is usually the one that is mentioned with Sonic 2 as a close second.

In regards to the music however....yeah that's where it tends to get a bit awkward with the Michael Jackson credits.

Whats funding up to with humblebundle, etc? I'm at work and can't check.
Stream is saying $401,000 I assume that includes the bundle.

Now don't let the total payments on the humble bundle page of $368,384.39 mislead you because the the splits can be customized and by default 20% goes to prevent cancer and if you pay more than $30, $20 is deducted for the physical items cost.

Somnia

Humblebundle.com
Has a bundle on sale, for at least $10 you get 7 games.

Er thanks, but I mean what's the fund raising total at for them, they usually announce it and its higher than what the stream says due to humble bundle not being included on the stream. $401,000 on the stream is nuts. I'm assuming the total is over 500k

Tizoc

^My bad, starwolf explained better ^^;

Lava Reef Act 1's music is great, love how 'calm' its overall tune is.

Top Bottom