• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2017 | January 8th - January 15th | Speedrunning for Charity

A game could be absolute dogshit but if Blechy is commentating then it's going to be a damn good run.

I wonder if some of the runners that are socially awkward are going to get pushed out in favor of more "presentable" runners as GDQ blows up. We've already seen that they're quick to cut anything controversial.

It's certainly more entertaining to see runners that are funny/chatty/outgoing.

JATmy1p.gif

This race.

Really? I think she's one of the best.

This. She's knowledgable of games, naturally enthusiastic, and she stays high enthusiastic even when she's the one up till 4am. The Kirby stuff can be a bit annoying, but it brings in the donations. They ask her to make the noises, she obliges. If you want to be mad at anyone, be mad at the people who donate just to make her do them? *shrugs*

This. She's knowledgable of games, naturally enthusiastic, and she stays high enthusiastic even when she's the one up till 4am. The Kirby stuff can be a bit annoying, but it brings in the donations. They ask her to make the noises, she obliges. If you want to be mad at anyone, be mad at the people who donate just to make her do them? *shrugs*
Thank you for saying what I wanted to better than I would have if I didn't have a brain fart and just stopped my post there. Spot on post, good sir.

B-bu-but the Nintendo Switch presentation

Fuck that, it's 4:00am where I live. Got shit to do in the morning. I'll watch the presentation when I'm back home, obviously I won't be checking out anything on the net except for Nintendo's Youtube channel because that's where the livestream will be archived.

Tall4Life

Fuck that, it's 4:00am where I live. Got shit to do in the morning. I'll watch the presentation when I'm back home, obviously I won't be checking out anything on the net except for Nintendo's Youtube channel because that's where the livestream will be archived.
Dawg, I stayed up to watch a Japanese wrestling show from 2 AM to 7 AM Eastern. You can do it.

Jhoan

I come back only tune in for Paper Mario and see that the funny has got a glass cannon build. It's cool to hear Spike Vegeta on the mic. Saw a bit of the DK Jungle Beat run before I headed out and it looked amazing. Will have to catch the entirety of it in the archive. This is the first time I'm seeing the last boss of TTYD.

I know people are gonna complain about how long that took but he basically just did a TAS only trick by human hands.
https://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/5noqzo/sjorec_get_palace_skip_at_agdq_2017/

If a bigger explanation is needed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lamd-d-Ayqk
That was the original version of the skip. A few more have been found but they are all very hard to perform. It's like the SMB WR runs where you need really specific inputs to optimally land at the bottom of the flag.

ScribbleD

I just learned so much about Furi. What an awesome run.

EDIT: YO! Flywrench is up next! Trust me, this is going to be insane.

This whole block is so good.

ScribbleD

Just to recap in case anyone is having a hard time reading the game visually.

Flywrench is kind of like a precision physics platformer sans the platforms. You are the white line, you don't want to touch the edges.

When you're white, you can pass safely through white lines. You can flap and that will propel you. Flapping also turns you red while you have the button held down. Being red lets you safely pass through red lines. You also have a button that turns you green which allows you to bounce off the walls and pass through green lines.

Your goal is just to navigate all of the planetary gimmicks and very tight boundaries to make it to the pulsing square at the end of the level. It requires a lot of precision, especially in the later levels. It's also an amazing game that usually doesn't cost very much if you want to pick it up. It's got a very Meat Boy quality in that the game can be brutally difficult, but the levels are also very short and restarting a level after dying is more or less immediate so you can just go and go and go.

Edit: It's also crazy impressive that this race is still so close.

Edit 2: OH GOD THEY'RE PERFECTLY IN SYNC 15 mins in.
Nvm. Messed up menu'ing. Still really close.
They just keep trading leads. Holy shit.

Raybunny

Oh boy, I have missed it so far.. first time I totally zapped on it. To be fair was moving places so was out of the loop for a while. sadpepe

Stoze

Good stuff, Flywrench is fantastic. Played through it like 3 times to get almost all the chievos (which I rarely do) and just because liked it that much.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Human Fall Flat is actually really fun, especially with other people. The run didn't spoil much of it, which is nice.

Top Bottom