• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Back in my Play: A Podcast for Nostalgic Gamers (New Episodes Every Sunday)

I just wanted to publicaly say thanks for this thread for bringing this show to my attention, and of course thanks to the guys involved in making it happen. I'm blowing through the episodes and I just discovered it yesterday or the day before. I feel like I'm sitting around with a bunch of my buddies from back in elementary, middle, and high school or something when I'm listening. I am VERY selective with the podcasts I add to my rotation. I only have two or three that I always must listen to. I am now adding one more. Keep up the great work and keep pumping these out.

Thank you, thank you! We will hopefully be back soon.

MAJOR UPDATE:

I am very sorry for the delay. Due to work and my dad being sick I haven't been able to make time to record. But, I am happy to say we will be returning next week.

We will be revisiting The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past with special guest Chris Johnston from the Player One Podcast.

More soon as we lock in the date!

cbrun44

MAJOR UPDATE:

I am very sorry for the delay. Due to work and my dad being sick I haven't been able to make time to record. But, I am happy to say we will be returning next week.

We will be revisiting The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past with special guest Chris Johnston from the Player One Podcast.

More soon as we lock in the date!

Can't wait to have you guys back!

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Just started listening and am working my way through. Great job, guys. I love the personal approach.

I've never played Streets of Rage 2, and now I want to rectify that!

Horseticuffs

Listening to the Resident Evil episode currently. You guys really are great and, Kev, you really do have a "Podcast voice".

I got super excited to hear about a Christmas memories episode. Too few podcasts have done this. The best I can recall was one where the old Joystiq podcast just talked about the subject with very subtle Christmas music in the background. Talk Radar also did a pretty neat lil' radio drama version of "A Christmas Carol" centered around gaming some years back.

I took the liberty of emailing my most cherished Christmas gaming memories to the email address mentioned in the RE episode, and I really can't wait for the holiday episode to come out.

Keep up the excellent work, all.

Listening to the Resident Evil episode currently. You guys really are great and, Kev, you really do have a "Podcast voice".

I got super excited to hear about a Christmas memories episode. Too few podcasts have done this. The best I can recall was one where the old Joystiq podcast just talked about the subject with very subtle Christmas music in the background. Talk Radar also did a pretty neat lil' radio drama version of "A Christmas Carol" centered around gaming some years back.

I took the liberty of emailing my most cherished Christmas gaming memories to the email address mentioned in the RE episode, and I really can't wait for the holiday episode to come out.

Keep up the excellent work, all.

Got the email. Thanks!

WE record in 30 minutes, I should have the episode up around 9pm est.

Yes Boss!

Nice!

Usually save it for my walks or paperwork at the office but I think I'll put some headphones and listen tonight while getting some Green Stars in Mario. Beat Call of Duty earlier and gotta wash my brain!

Nice!

Usually save it for my walks or paperwork at the office but I think I'll put some headphones and listen tonight while getting some Green Stars in Mario. Beat Call of Duty earlier and gotta wash my brain!

Nice! This one was a ton of fun! Some great stories in there.

daydream

Banned
The Resident Evil episode was the best one yet, good job guys! Going to listen to the new one in the next couple of days.

Looks like I can confirm we are continuing the Player One X Back in my Play episodes with Greg Sewart joining us this weekend to talk about Jet Set Radio!

Yes Boss!

Looks like I can confirm we are continuing the Player One X Back in my Play episodes with Greg Sewart joining us this weekend to talk about Jet Set Radio!

Good stuff.

The latest episode was fantastic. Nice having the guest. I've not touched my new Zelda 3DS as I'm trying to 100-% Mario but I'm thinking it will be my game over my holiday vacation.

Btw, Jet Set Radio looks and plays so damn amazing on the Vita. Best way to play it (with headphones) I feel.

Horseticuffs

That's awesome! I went on a nice, long bike ride this morning and enjoyed the Turtles in Time podcast. Man, I about lost my crap hearing you guys talk about Shredder's excellent management skills.

I'm not exactly going in chronological order but it's great hearing you guys getting more comfortable with each other on air and gelling more and more. You're a great crew.

Good stuff.

The latest episode was fantastic. Nice having the guest. I've not touched my new Zelda 3DS as I'm trying to 100-% Mario but I'm thinking it will be my game over my holiday vacation.

Btw, Jet Set Radio looks and plays so damn amazing on the Vita. Best way to play it (with headphones) I feel.

Agreed, I love JSR on Vita, it is how I am going to play it for this episode.

I'm not exactly going in chronological order but it's great hearing you guys getting more comfortable with each other on air and gelling more and more. You're a great crew.

That's exactly why I put all of the time dependent talk at the end. The first 3 segments should stay timeless.

I've only listened to the N64 episode but it was a solid effort. If you haven't already sold the Wii U you get the swift sail at night on Windfall Island at the auction house.
Only thing I'd recommend is updating your podcast image as the current one looks pretty budget and if I hadn't read positive impressions here I would've skipped over it while looking for new shows.

Yes Boss!

Anyone buy retro stuff for Black Friday? I know that's not what people normally think of, but some retro shops have deals.

No retro shopping. But on I did take about $50 and loaded up on new retro digital releases on the various services, all of which were immaculately produced by M2.

Got the Treasure Box (Gunstar Heroes Genesis and Game Gear, Dynamite Heady Genesis and Game Gear, Alien Soldier), Spelunker Collection (original PC, Console, and two Arcade Ports), Galaxy Force II Collection (Arcade, 480p 16:9 redone version, Genesis shit port, Game Gear port), and also the first two Sega 3D Classics...Super Hang-On and Space Harrier.

Played these all on Saturday!

I've only listened to the N64 episode but it was a solid effort. If you haven't already sold the Wii U you get the swift sail at night on Windfall Island at the auction house.
Only thing I'd recommend is updating your podcast image as the current one looks pretty budget and if I hadn't read positive impressions here I would've skipped over it while looking for new shows.

I know. I would love to get a new logo made. Will have to ask about it next episode.

Teknoman

I didnt buy anything, but I did get two classic Nintendo Power issues as gifts. The Mario World issue and Mega Man Dr. Wily revenge issue.

Gotta use this track for intro music:

Funky Radio

EDIT: Wait what, Gunstar Heroes GG? Thats new for me too.

I LOVE the JSR art design sooooo much!!! That along with the music makes up for the awkward controls.

Also one bummer with the Vita version is that some of the music was replaced. I wish you could use custom soundtracks on the Vita, I could just rip the CD soundtrack.

Also one bummer with the Vita version is that some of the music was replaced. I wish you could use custom soundtracks on the Vita, I could just rip the CD soundtrack.

Uh you can use custom soundtracks on the Vita. At least if I remember correctly. Unless that specific game disallows it.

Uh you can use custom soundtracks on the Vita. At least if I remember correctly. Unless that specific game disallows it.

Hmm. I will have to check. But after playing more tonight I know I would miss the cool transitions in between songs. Luckily only two songs from the soundtrack are missing. Damn licensing.

A fan of my fitness podcast sent over a box of games he had in the attic. Looks like we will be doing a Master System episode soon. Never used one before.

Teknoman

Yeah Master System is now one of the only systems i've never played any games for. Well that and anything Atari era, but I cant see myself going that far back.

Top Bottom