• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Back to the Future the Game |OT| James Rolfe Hates Manure!

ElRenoRaven

It's confirmed next week Episode 3 for PC. So odds are good it's the same day or the day before the PS3 Episode 2 comes out.

And that making of video makes the wait for next week so damn hard. I can't wait to see Jennifer and the new 1986 that resulted from the last episode.

Then I'll play my PS3 Episode 2. It's going to be a BTTF week. lol

PsychoRaven said:
So what. Even when she didn't have them she was damn good looking.
Yes, she was. So it is a pity all the more that she went the surgery-and-tons-of-make-up route rather than opting to age naturally...

ElRenoRaven

Prime Blue said:
Yes, she was. So it is a pity all the more that she went the surgery-and-tons-of-make-up route rather than opting to age naturally...

Personally I say whatever makes you happy as long as it's not illegal is ok by me. Also to her defense she doesn't over do the makeup near as badly as I've seen a lot of women do.

Kein

Neo Member
Is it time to go back to the future already?

Copied from derrman0426 from steam forums:

"The install seems to be up, but it gives me a error saying Steam servers are busy.

Just create a link on your desktop with this link steam://install/94510 and keep trying. "

Servers still appear to be busy... BUT SOON!

TimmiT

Kein said:
Is it time to go back to the future already?

Copied from derrman0426 from steam forums:

"The install seems to be up, but it gives me a error saying Steam servers are busy.

Just create a link on your desktop with this link steam://install/94510 and keep trying. "

Servers still appear to be busy... BUT SOON!
The third episode also doesn't appear anymore in my Steam games list.

Kein

Neo Member
Disappeared from mine too, Canadians are reporting the same issue. General consensus seems to be its being uploaded as we speak.

Link still says servers busy :(

ElRenoRaven

Could be. Steam could be jumping the gun too though because they were advertising it being out yesterday. either way It will be out today or tomorrow. Of that I have no doubt at all.

Ketch

VistraNorrez said:
It's been like that for the past day.

I wonder if they had to pull the steam version last minute for some technical issues... but they need to get that shit back up! Gotta know what happens next.

Bebpo

Banned
Ummm, what happened to my ability to save my game in ep3?

I played through the first scene and was walking around the next area when I tried to save and didn't see a "save game" option when hitting esc; so I quit thinking it would auto-save or something and when I re-loaded I had to start the game from scratch. I don't remember ep1/2 being like this...

stupei

JodyAnthony said:
Steam is only showing Ep 1, 2, 4, and 5 in my library :(

Still better than my chronic problems with Telltale's DRM. Never buying another Telltale game outside of Steam ever again. Hopefully GAF comes through with another DRM work around for episode 3, or I'm screwed.

ElRenoRaven

Well having just finished it I have to say one thing.

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!

I'm honestly speechless. I must say I love Jennifer. She's totally awesome in this. I almost hate to see this Jennifer go if Marty can fix the timeline.

Bebpo said:
Ummm, what happened to my ability to save my game in ep3?

I played through the first scene and was walking around the next area when I tried to save and didn't see a "save game" option when hitting esc; so I quit thinking it would auto-save or something and when I re-loaded I had to start the game from scratch. I don't remember ep1/2 being like this...

Odd. I have the option to save on mine.

Snaku

Banned
DLing E3 now. I still haven't played E2 yet. Don't have much to do tomorrow, so I guess it'll be BttF day for me!

Jin34

PsychoRaven said:
Well having just finished it I have to say one thing.

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!

I'm honestly speechless. I must say I love Jennifer. She's totally awesome in this. I almost hate to see this Jennifer go if Marty can fix the timeline.

The hell how did you finish it already? I can't even download it yet.

ElRenoRaven

Jin34 said:
The hell how did you finish it already? I can't even download it yet.

I was too but if you download for about 40 to 80 megs then pause your download for about 5 seconds then resume it works. Keep repeating that and you can get the entire installer downloaded.

After that it was nonstop playing. I put a good 4 hours plus in it. Keep in mind I'm not that good at games like this either. I had to use clues a lot.

Jin34

PsychoRaven said:
I was too but if you download for about 40 to 80 megs then pause your download for about 5 seconds then resume it works. Keep repeating that and you can get the entire installer downloaded.

After that it was nonstop playing. I put a good 4 hours plus in it. Keep in mind I'm not that good at games like this either. I had to use clues a lot.

I can't download it at all, I'm on the "it dissapeared from my list" boat. Oh well not like I can play it much right now. Would be nice to d/l to play it tomorrow night without waiting.

ElRenoRaven

Jin34 said:
I can't download it at all, I'm on the "it dissapeared from my list" boat. Oh well not like I can play it much right now. Would be nice to d/l to play it tomorrow night without waiting.

Oh you're one of the poor steam users who are currently SOL. I would have bought that one but I just had to have the disc that you can get for the cost of shipping when the season is over if you bought it via telltale's site.

L00P said:
Episode three disappearing like that can only mean one thing: Somebody messed up the timeline

91j5tj.jpg

Bebpo

Banned
PsychoRaven said:

Weird. I get to the main city where I can walk around:

bttf01.jpg

And when I hit escape, this is the screen I get:

bttf02.jpg

I'm wondering if you have to play until the first auto-save until the save function kicks in? Or maybe this is the reason the game got pulled at first off steam. I got it from the Telltale website when it first went up on their site and steam and then got pulled off steam and re-upped. Maybe I need to download it again :\

Peff

Bebpo said:
I'm wondering if you have to play until the first auto-save until the save function kicks in? Or maybe this is the reason the game got pulled at first off steam. I got it from the Telltale website when it first went up on their site and steam and then got pulled off steam and re-upped. Maybe I need to download it again :\

Try re-installing, that's supposed to be the anti-piracy protection but for some reason it activates randomly for legit users. It happened to me with Ep. 2 when I tried to load my save game the first time.

ElRenoRaven

Peff said:
Try re-installing, that's supposed to be the anti-piracy protection but for some reason it activates randomly for legit users. It happened to me with Ep. 2 when I tried to load my save game the first time.

Ah interesting. That would probably explain his troubles then. I have the save option from right at the beginning and every time I hit it after that.

Jmac71

Bebpo said:
Weird. I get to the main city where I can walk around:

bttf01.jpg

And when I hit escape, this is the screen I get:

bttf02.jpg

I had the same problem with episode two. Supposedly you can reinstall it and it might show back up, but I was too far in to try it last time.

Not very far into it at all. Just re-met some of the characters in the Town Square, but I already really like it. The graphics looks better too, although I might just like the style they're going for in this episode.

ElRenoRaven

Celine said:
Would.

Is it online the third episode on Telltale site ?

Yup it came out yesterday evening. Some of us had problems downloading it but if you do find it closing the download part way through just pause it about every 50 or so MB for a second or two.

Bebpo

Banned
Alright, reinstalled the game and save/load appear fine. Phew. As much as I like Telltale games, I don't like them enough to play through them in 1 sitting :p Usually takes me 2-3 days an ep.

Top Bottom