• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Back to the Future the Game |OT| James Rolfe Hates Manure!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I'm still waiting to play Episode 3 on PS3. :(

PsychoRaven said:
TellTale's Facebook page said:
Tune in to tomorrow night's (6/2) episode of GameTrailers TV on Spike TV where some big Back to the Future: The Game news will be dropping!
I'll just be leaving this here.
I guess it's the second season announcement.

ElRenoRaven

V_Ben said:
I bet it's either Tom Wilson, a Michael J Fox cameo, or a deal for Season 2. One of those.

To me those aren't big announcements. Same with it coming to other platforms. So my money is on a Season 2. I hope atleast.

Peff

PsychoRaven said:
To me those aren't big announcements. Same with it coming to other platforms. So my money is on a Season 2. I hope atleast.

Michael J. Fox coming back for a cameo is very much a big announcement, more so than a second season which I doubt is even physically possible for them to develop for a while, given all the stuff they are working on. Whatever it is must be related to Episode 5 being delayed to June, so it is most likely the cameo.

ElRenoRaven

Peff said:
Michael J. Fox coming back for a cameo is very much a big announcement, more so than a second season which I doubt is even physically possible for them to develop for a while, given all the stuff they are working on. Whatever it is must be related to Episode 5 being delayed to June, so it is most likely the cameo.

Um key problem with your theory. Episode 5 was never delayed. It never had a month of release and they announced it was June Release right after 4 released.

mclem

Telltale's blog describes it slightly differently:

Tune in to tomorrow's episode (June 2) of GameTrailers TV for some heavy Back to the Future: The Game finale news!

If it's news about the finale explicitly, I don't see it being a season 2 announcement (unless the *season* ends on a cliffhanger?). I guess we'd be looking at an appearance of an original actor; Thomas F. Wilson has to be the obvious guess, although MJF would be fantastic... and I'd also think, given the way the storyline is going, Mary Steenburgen could be an outside possibility.

There's a promotional image to go with it, which is interesting; Marty, in a tux, peering out from some closed curtains which apparently have a picture behind them; the picture looks like a landscape, though, not one of a person. Curious.

ElRenoRaven

mclem said:
Telltale's blog describes it slightly differently:

If it's news about the finale explicitly, I don't see it being a season 2 announcement (unless the *season* ends on a cliffhanger?). I guess we'd be looking at an appearance of an original actor; Thomas F. Wilson has to be the obvious guess, although MJF would be fantastic... and I'd also think, given the way the storyline is going, Mary Steenburgen could be an outside possibility.

There's a promotional image to go with it, which is interesting; Marty, in a tux, peering out from some closed curtains which apparently have a picture behind them; the picture looks like a landscape, though, not one of a person. Curious.

Odd that they'd say something different on the blog then they would on the facebook page. Hmm. Oh well whatever it is we'll find out tonight. lol

V_Ben said:
I bet it's either Tom Wilson, a Michael J Fox cameo, or a deal for Season 2. One of those.
if it's Tom, i really hope they got him to rerecord the earlier dialogue as they did when they got Earl Boen in to do LeChuck.

Danj

So did we find out what the big announcement was? Or is the conference or whatever still going on at the moment?

PsychoRaven said:
So it did turnout to be not worth the hype. It's simply a Michael J Fox Cameo in the final Episode which is coming June 23rd.

Oh, it's okay guys! It's only a Michael J Fox cameo! Nothing to see here. Move along now.

Never change, GAF.

Radogol

Itchy//Tasty said:
Oh, it's okay guys! It's only a Michael J Fox cameo! Nothing to see here. Move along now.

Ha ha. I thought PsychoRaven wrote...

So it did turn out to be worth the hype.

...because that's what a sane man would write. It wasn't until your post that I realized PsychoRaven is not sane.

ElRenoRaven

Hey I'm not saying it's not cool he's doing a cameo. I'm just saying that it was not worth the hype it got by Telltale. It wasn't a huge announcement.

PsychoRaven said:
Hey I'm not saying it's not cool he's doing a cameo. I'm just saying that it was not worth the hype it got by Telltale. It wasn't a huge announcement.
I thought it was a big announcement. I <3 Michael J. Fox. :(

PooBone

Anyone saying it would be Tom Wilson clearly doesn't know how Tom Wilson actually feels about Back To The Future. He's publicly said many times that he doesn't want to have anything to do with it, doesn't want to talk about it, and has moved past anything to do with it in his life.

And a cameo from MJF really isn't a big deal.

ElRenoRaven

PooBone said:
Anyone saying it would be Tom Wilson clearly doesn't know how Tom Wilson actually feels about Back To The Future. He's publicly said many times that he doesn't want to have anything to do with it, doesn't want to talk about it, and has moved past anything to do with it in his life.

And a cameo from MJF really isn't a big deal.

Yea Wilson almost comes off bitter about BTTF. It's kind of sad really.

The Telltale blog says the character Michael J Fox plays is someone Marty met in the films. So I'm guessing it's Seamus's son William McFly (Marty's great grandfather), he was a baby in 1885, so he'd be in his 40s in the 1931 time. Which is when it looks like the cameo takes place.

bengraven

I just learned about this finally on Kotaku and I'm fucking stoked.

People saying MJF appearing isn't a big deal obviously didn't grow up on these movies in the late 80s.

Also, I was thinking about how Tom Wilson seems to have a bit of his career back lately and he's an asshole for assuming BttF had nothing to do with it.

As I'm thinking this, my son is in the background watching Spongebob - the ep where Wilson plays Flats the bully, a character who acts just like Biff.

HadesGigas said:
The Telltale blog says the character Michael J Fox plays is someone Marty met in the films. So I'm guessing it's Seamus's son William McFly (Marty's great grandfather), he was a baby in 1885, so he'd be in his 40s in the 1931 time. Which is when it looks like the cameo takes place.

That is incredibly cool if (likely) true.

bengraven said:
That is incredibly cool if (likely) true.

It is true, they've also now mentioned he's playing two characters:

After a meeting with them today, the talented company confirmed to me that he would actually be lending the voice to two characters. The first will be Willy McFly, a descendant of the McFly clan that was actually featured as a baby in Back to the Future Part III the movie. I thought that was pretty cool.

The second character, at this point, is a mystery. Any guesses?

http://www.destructoid.com/e3-michael-j-fox-to-play-two-characters-in-last-bttf-ep-203352.phtml

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
HadesGigas said:
It is true, they've also now mentioned he's playing two characters:

Second character will be the second Marty from the end of BttF1 (from the Lone Pine Mall/rich McFlys timeline) who returns to reclaim his awesome life from Shitty McFlys Timeline Marty. Next BttF:The Game season will be Marty and Alt Marty battling over who gets to live the good timeline.

sinky72

Any ideas's when we in Europe will be getting Ep 3?. Just looked when Ep 2 was released (6th April) and although I do understand the problems with PSN but still, we were told that each episode would get released monthly and as things stand, it's been 2.5 months since last one was released. Not happy.

sinky72 said:
Any ideas's when we in Europe will be getting Ep 3?. Just looked when Ep 2 was released (6th April) and although I do understand the problems with PSN but still, we were told that each episode would get released monthly and as things stand, it's been 2.5 months since last one was released. Not happy.

You probably know this by now, but it's out. :)

StevieP

Banned
Crewnh said:
So how has the series been overall? Is it worth jumping on right now or should I wait for a price drop?

It's $25 for the whole series. Why wait for a price drop? It's already cheap lol

Just finished Episode 3 on PS3 last night, good stuff. I love BTTF (my favorite movie of all time) but I am not a fan of the point and click gametype.

Something that’s been driving me nuts since the 1st episode; there’s a trophy for getting Doc Brown to explain how the DeLorean is back, I never got it so I don’t know how it’s not destroyed from what happened in the movies, can anyone fill me in?

mclem

Gryphter said:
Just finished Episode 3 on PS3 last night, good stuff. I love BTTF (my favorite movie of all time) but I am not a fan of the point and click gametype.

Something that’s been driving me nuts since the 1st episode; there’s a trophy for getting Doc Brown to explain how the DeLorean is back, I never got it so I don’t know how it’s not destroyed from what happened in the movies, can anyone fill me in?

Being struck by lightning at the end of BTTF2 split it into two in two different time periods, if I remember right. I'm not quite sure just what happened to get it from where it ended up to the start of the storyline, though.

thefro

Gryphter said:

Doc explaind that when the DeLorean got stuck by lightning in the 2nd movie and scrambled the time circuits, the temporal disturbance ended up creating an exact duplicate of the time machine that got sent to another time period.

Doc ended up finding it and fixing it up sometime after the 3rd movie.

aparisi2274

So I have completed all 4 episode so far, and I have to say I am really enjoying the storyline....

With that being said I have one issue with the game, and that is with Episode 3.

after Marty leaves doc in 1931 at the end of Episode 2, doc is seeing walking toward the movies with Edna and then credits roll. Start episode 3 and you see Doc (old doc) disappear in the delorean and Marty crashes into the Citizen Brown Hill Valley billboard. What I want to know is that if Doc never went to see Frankenstein, because Edna made him give up the science stuff, then how is it the Delorean never disappears? I mean if Doc never slips hanging the clock and never invents the flux capacitor, then the entire Delorean should just disappear... Even after Marty convinces Citizen Brown to come back with him to 1931, there should have been no way for it to happen, since this doc never created the flux capacitor

L00P

aparisi2274 said:
So I have completed all 4 episode so far, and I have to say I am really enjoying the storyline....

With that being said I have one issue with the game, and that is with Episode 3.

after Marty leaves doc in 1931 at the end of Episode 2, doc is seeing walking toward the movies with Edna and then credits roll. Start episode 3 and you see Doc (old doc) disappear in the delorean and Marty crashes into the Citizen Brown Hill Valley billboard. What I want to know is that if Doc never went to see Frankenstein, because Edna made him give up the science stuff, then how is it the Delorean never disappears? I mean if Doc never slips hanging the clock and never invents the flux capacitor, then the entire Delorean should just disappear... Even after Marty convinces Citizen Brown to come back with him to 1931, there should have been no way for it to happen, since this doc never created the flux capacitor
Well I think it did not vanish because that DeLorean is a 'temporal duplicate' of the original, meaning it's not really the DeLorean(the original got smashed to pieces by a train) just a copy of it. Maybe it's not affected because of that.

aparisi2274 said:

HUGE SPOILER(?):
Perhaps Doc didn't disappear from the timeline entirely, and merely got displaced elsewhere. The DeLorean was split into two, one in 1885, a temporal duplicate in 2025. As you can see from the Episode 5 screenshot below, the original Doc is back with Marty meeting his ancestor. First Citizen Brown has a much different haircut (below). So either the screen is the ending/epilogue to the game, or original Doc teams up with Marty to match wits with FCB.

203352-BttFMainImage.jpg

5569938440_ae985782f7.jpg

L00P said:
Well I think it did not vanish because that DeLorean is a 'temporal duplicate' of the original, meaning it's not really the DeLorean(the original got smashed to pieces by a train) just a copy of it. Maybe it's not affected because of that.

That makes my head hurt.

aparisi2274

L00P said:

That makes sense... I guess since its a duplicate it does not need to abide by the rules that the movies setup...

aparisi2274 said:

It's kind of like how warp drive in Star Trek goes as fast as the plot needs it to. Changes in the timeline propagate at the speed needed for the story. But I did try to overthink this problem when the episode was new; I'll link to the old post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26159627&postcount=681 Looking back it was more about why Marty wasn't affected, but the reasoning would be the same for the Flux Capacitor and DeLorean.

ElRenoRaven

Ok so there were some issues with the installer. First it was in German and second it required an activation key. TellTale just posted in the forums that they've replaced that installer so we need to redownload it. The new installer is 498mb now and all issues with activation should be fixed and it should work like the past releases.

Top Bottom