• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Back to the Future the Game |OT| James Rolfe Hates Manure!

V_Ben

Banned
Peff said:
Speaking of Sam & Max soundtracks, any news on The Devil's Playhouse's? Jared did a fantastic job with that one and it'd be a shame if it doesn't get its own release with gorgeous Steve Purcell artwork!

Oh, goodness yes, I had forgotten about that :O

JohngPR said:
Hmmm....got Snow Leopard all setup and DL the game, when I hit play from the main menu it doesn't load up. What gives?

:(

The download offered when going to the website for the first time after the release didn't work for me. However, I re-downloaded from My Account -> Games and that one worked immediately.

Is there some technical or logistical reason people who got it free with the offer have to wait till February? I know it was free and all but...I wanna play it now...But, I'll just wait =(

dream

I wish Michael J. Fox was well. The way the voice actor for Marty swings between sounding exactly like Fox to not sounding like him at all is jarring.

LiK

got the MAc version off TTG but it's not launching. wth, seems like other ppl have this issue...

i should've gotten the Steam version.

Jake

Peff said:
Speaking of Sam & Max soundtracks, any news on The Devil's Playhouse's? Jared did a fantastic job with that one and it'd be a shame if it doesn't get its own release with gorgeous Steve Purcell artwork!

Can confirm/promise/announce nothing, but at least that's not a denial.

thefro

dream said:
I wish Michael J. Fox was well. The way the voice actor for Marty swings between sounding exactly like Fox to not sounding like him at all is jarring.

I think he sounds more like Marty than Christopher Lloyd sounds like Doc these days.

I have a serial number under My Games, but it is saying that I don't own any of the episodes. Is that because I got it for free? Is there anyway to register the serial number?

Peff

Jake said:
Can confirm/promise/announce nothing, but at least that's not a denial.

Holy Hercule Poirot in a blood-soaked bathtub with a full set of dental records and a mud-caked workboot with two missing treads! Good enough for me :D

JohngPR

TheDrowningMan said:
The download offered when going to the website for the first time after the release didn't work for me. However, I re-downloaded from My Account -> Games and that one worked immediately.

Yep, I did the same exact thing and it worked like a charm. :D

I played up until Marty
gets to 1931 and I loved it. The intro was great, and I loved the Miami Vice and Weird Science posters Marty had on the wall.

The game is a bit on the easy so far, but I don't mind since the production values, voice acting, and story are pretty interesting so far.

Was so excited for this, forgot it came out, looked at giant bomb quick look, said bad words due to awesome, buying now.

This is my first real go at episodic gaming
Half Life does not count, right

WillyFive

Feep said:
Is anyone else a little disappointed that (early game spoilers)
the opening was just a dream? I was fucking going CRAZY at that intro, and then it wasn't real.
= (

Yeah, it was
crazy
but that was something that not even time travel could explain.

Grayman

Zoramon089 said:
Is there some technical or logistical reason people who got it free with the offer have to wait till February? I know it was free and all but...I wanna play it now...But, I'll just wait =(
Do they get the whole season free or just one episode? If it is one episode it might be to convince them to buy the rest after they play. If the whole season maybe they wanted two to be available so that non gamers "got it" about the releases.

stuminus3

So I got to play for a little bit.

I love you Telltale. So much.

Keep this up and one day you'll find I'm wearing all your skin.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Feep said:
Is anyone else a little disappointed that (early game spoilers)
the opening was just a dream? I was fucking going CRAZY at that intro, and then it wasn't real.
= (
A little bit, but I like where the story actually went way better than where it was going...I'm so not the target for this game though. My sister's BF wants to play it too, so she'll definitely play through it. I really want to know how she likes it.

Went ahead and got the season pass. Loved the first episode. They did a really great job with it, and the controller support is flawless.

I did find a game killing bug in the middle of it (by doing something out of order, apparently) and had to restart, but otherwise it was fantastic.

Pikelet

I found out that this game was out by looking at my friends list, within 20 minutes i was playing it. I looks and plays great on my hdtv with 360 controller, and the music is just awesome. Haven't really struck any roadblocks with the puzzles which is cool. i also liked a lot of the dialogue, like when you try to use the phone before speaking to doc near the beginning :p

Major props

Just fired her up. Don't have time to play though. I grew up going to the mall from the movies. Awesome to see it in game form. This looks to be a good time.

Feep

Banned
Just beat it. This IS Back to the Future 4, as far as I'm concerned. I do hope we'll see times other than this one, but I can't much complain. :D

Edit: If I've bought and downloaded the regular game through Telltale's site, is there a way to get the Steam version? I like having all my games in one place = (

Danj

Feep said:
If I've bought and downloaded the regular game through Telltale's site, is there a way to get the Steam version? I like having all my games in one place = (

Yeah same here. I tried putting the serial number into Steam but no go.

Dizzy-4U

Just finished it and liked it a lot.

Now, spoilers (don't read if you haven't finished it)....
So, if the Delorean is a duplicate produced by the lightning in 1955, does it mean that there's a duplicate of the Doc too?

Also, Ms. Strickland is hot!

Vitet

Willy105 said:
Yeah, it was
crazy
but that was something that not even time travel could explain.

Well... it can work if it's an
alternate reality, somone traveled to that exact moment in time and is hidden in the car with Einstein. Then changed the destination time when it was being controlled by Doc to a time when he/she changed the history so the mall and Doc never existed...

You have to think in four dimensions!
:D

eznark

Banned
um, is the kitchen broken?

that's a new one. Is this the first telltale puzzle where you're just supposed to stand in the corner for 8-10 minutes until a cut scene happens? Got three races in NFS:HP done while I waited though!

WillyFive

Vitet said:
Well... it can work if it's an
alternate reality, somone traveled to that exact moment in time and is hidden in the car with Einstein. Then changed the destination time when it was being controlled by Doc to a time when he/she changed the history so the mall and Doc never existed...

You have to think in four dimensions!
:D

I like how you think. Maybe for Back to the Future: The Game 2!

Platy

Ok ... i officialy can't wait .... can someone please spoil me the begining of the game ... i mean ...
what the heck happens in that dream sequence intro
that is so awesome ?

WillyFive

Platy said:
Ok ... i officialy can't wait .... can someone please spoil me the begining of the game ... i mean ...
what the heck happens in that dream sequence intro
that is so awesome ?

No one should know that much about their own future.

WillyFive

Platy said:
I was like that too .... but ... well, I figured, what the hell?

Alright, here you go:

1343524-lulzspoilers_1_.png

The feeling you get while highlighting that is as close as I can find that will give you an idea of what the intro is like without actually spoiling it for you.

Top Bottom