• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldur's Gate III | OT | Bear in Mind, Your Choices Have Consequences

We're off to a good start!

Mpuw9CW.jpg
I'm currently watching Quin69's stream, he showcased a good number of these options lol

Must. Resist.

Still playing Diablo. And Starfield is so close... Would prefer to play this on Xbox, but they fucked that (or did they conveniently avoid Starfield?), so... Looks so good in that ACG review though! Must be in with a shout for Game of the Year... Be nice to see a PC game grab that.

Last edited:

calistan

151k in under 2 horus...damn.
It was a bit mean of them not to allow preloading for this, but what kind of bandwidth is that?

I think I might set it downloading on my MacBook and Steam Deck now, just to make sure the servers get a good workout.

ssringo

Don't forget to "watch" a drop activated twitch stream in the background while doing anything else with your life to get your purple panties!

hollams

Gold Member
About 30 min in and I'm hooked. Everything feels very cinematic and the sound design is really good.

The controller support so far has been good. Tip: If you are hovering over a weapon in your inventory and want to perform an action like move it to another character make sure you turn off item information otherwise it covers up the action menu. It is a whole different interface compared to the keyboard.

The text size options are very nice as well. I am playing on my new projector so I don't have to have them as large as on my TV,

Minor gripe, I wish I could disable the version number showing. It's not so bad while moving around, but in cutscenes it's a bit distracting.

xVodevil

Wondering if this gonna break some SP game all time peak records on steam :messenger_smirking:
Also it's funny how it is not at all on Epic store :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Fools idol

Banned
lol dark urge is crazy what the fuck, I'm causing chaos

think I might re-roll to something not a monster for my first run. I'm killing bitches left and right.

Last edited:
Word of warning, I failed to delete my EA save game and the game crashed after the opening cinematic that plays after character creation.

I had to restart the game, and delete the save game from the in game menu, start new game and this time every thing went smooth.

Last edited:

Bkdk

The character customization is certainly pathetic. Options are super limited and it's really sad how so many smaller mmo did a better job on offering more character customization options for appearence. Can they at least hire some random mmo character customizer developer, even some mobile online games character customization dev would have done a much better job than this.

TheStam

Out in the woods here downloading at 3,5 mb/s, 12% done .. Haven't been this hyped for a game since.. I guess since something like Dragon Age Inquisition, which turned out to be a bit of a let down.

Oh well I suppose it will be downloaded tomorrow morning, but a bit silly to not be able to offer pre-load just because it was an Early Access title as I understand things..

acidagfc

Holy shit, the graphics is so much better than it was in EA.
Granted, I played it about 2 years ago, maybe it was like that for some time, but it actually looks AAA now.

Gorgon

It was a bit mean of them not to allow preloading for this, but what kind of bandwidth is that?

I think I might set it downloading on my MacBook and Steam Deck now, just to make sure the servers get a good workout.

Huh? There's no Mac version available yet, is there?

Fools idol

Banned
they must have past 500k sales already.. half the world is still at work and were already over 250k players

Last edited:

thatJohann

So this is released a month early on PC? I see the PS Store shows PS5 version comes out in September. I’m so confused.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
So this is released a month early on PC? I see the PS Store shows PS5 version comes out in September. I’m so confused.

In March, another obstacle arose. Microsoft Corp. announced that one of the year’s other big RPGs, Starfield, would come out on Sept. 6 — the same week that Larian planned to release Baldur’s Gate 3. Vincke called a meeting with his staff, who after six years were ready to be finished and were nervous that their boss was going to delay the game. Instead, Vincke said that they would put out the PC version four weeks early to avoid Starfield and the other big releases in the fall — an unusual move that has thrilled fans.

Guilty_AI

Yes, ps5 version is september 6. They were going to release alongside each other by the end of august, but they've moved up release date for the PC version and delayed ps5 version a bit to avoid Starfield's window of release.

Hugare

Yeah, I think the CCU will be even more crazier over the weekend! Probably 600k.

Also....

image.png
The power of bear sex

Sad that it is what got people's atention, but if it means more sales for a great game, I'll take it

Does anyone know if local co op is also present on PC?

Last edited:
Top Bottom