• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldur's Gate III | OT | Bear in Mind, Your Choices Have Consequences

Kaachan

now post a pic, risk a ban for the sake of our hornyness

I can't believe I just sent a nude that wasn't to my husband

GBRIWKU.png

Guilty_AI

Feels like this is the game that people thought CP2077 was going to be. I remember prior to release people were talking about how they are going to bang everyone bangable in night city.
Turns out there is only very tame love interest “imtimacy scene” per romance NPC and one hire-able prostitute in the entire city.
I hold hope we'll one day see a game like this in a cyberpunk setting. I don't trust Bethesda all that much with Starfield, the closest thing to something like that so far.

Last edited:
I hold hope we'll one day see a game like this in a cyberpunk setting. I don't trust Bethesda all that much with Starfield, the closest thing to something like that so far.
Yeah I’m not expecting Starfield to have nearly as much interactivity as this game. I just hope they have a good main plot, interesting companions, good ship and outpost building systems, if they nail all that it will be good enough.

Madonis

Feels like this is the game that people thought CP2077 was going to be. I remember prior to release people were talking about how they are going to bang everyone bangable in night city.
Turns out there is only very tame love interest “imtimacy scene” per romance NPC and one hire-able prostitute in the entire city.

Yeah, they were very vague about what you could do in Cyberpunk's marketing and previews. Turns out they barely made an effort in that respect.

Last edited:

Denton

There are technical nitpicks that annoy me the hell out and I am tempted to refund for now and wait for some future version (I hoped 1.0 was gonna be perfect after 3 years of early access):

• beard and hair color cannot be set separately, so I have to go beardless because dark blonde beard looks bad (and there is no five a clock shadow option, WTF)
  • for some reason game version number is visible in game, utterly nonsensically
  • I hate that I cannot freely control camera on controller (cannot look up, wtf…)
  • I had to force vsync via drivers, had tearing in intro cutscene despite vsync triple buffer being enabled in options menu
  • Also, there is no possibility to set controller camera sensitivity, and default is too low.
  • Also, no possibility that I can see to select toggle on right analog stick (to see interactables in the world).

UnrealEck

There are technical nitpicks that annoy me the hell out and I am tempted to refund for now and wait for some future version (I hoped 1.0 was gonna be perfect after 3 years of early access):

• beard and hair color cannot be set separately, so I have to go beardless because dark blonde beard looks bad (and there is no five a clock shadow option, WTF)
  • I hate that I cannot freely control camera on controller (cannot look up, wtf…)
  • I had to force vsync via drivers, had tearing in intro cutscene despite vsync triple buffer being enabled in options menu
  • Also, there is no possibility to set controller camera sensitivity, and default is too low.
  • Also, no possibility that I can see to select toggle on right analog stick (to see interactables in the world).
People will mod stuff in very soon I bet. I think the devs will be on top of stuff to patch a lot of that too.

Gorgon

I think one of the reviewers mentioned that Larian told them that controller UI wasn't fully finalised yet. They're probably working on it atm to make sure it's all working fine by the time the PS5 version hits.

peish

how do i get to run the DLC deluxe stuff?

/found it, browse local file from the gear icon

Last edited:

Denton

I think one of the reviewers mentioned that Larian told them that controller UI wasn't fully finalised yet. They're probably working on it atm to make sure it's all working fine by the time the PS5 version hits.
You know, after three years of early access, I really hoped basic fucking things like camera sensitivity would be in there.

But I guess that's too much to ask for. Of course, this being PC, I am sure someone is already compiling pcgamingwiki ini file tips for this. But still.

xVodevil

It will probably break around 800k

Congratz to Larian Studios.

qwMda3F.png
Yep, and I'm assuming many of us with farm net are still downloading overnight just to even launch the damn game
As far as I know Elden Ring is the game to beat with 952,523 all-time peak

Guilty_AI

You know, after three years of early access, I really hoped basic fucking things like camera sensitivity would be in there.

But I guess that's too much to ask for. Of course, this being PC, I am sure someone is already compiling pcgamingwiki ini file tips for this. But still.
They did have to move up the release one month earlier, i guess some issues were to be expected.

And on your earlier post
I hate that I cannot freely control camera on controller (cannot look up, wtf…)
This is not gonna change, even with the pseudo-third-person camera, game is still built to be isometric.

Last edited:

Gorgon

To be fair, the early access never had the option to use a controller. Still, I don't know if that is justification enough given that the option is there for PC too.

Gorgon

There is, I played the early access version on Mac.

From the most recent post in BG3's community hub in Steam:

"Baldur’s Gate 3 will release on September 6th on PS5 (September 3rd for owners of the Digital Deluxe Edition). We’re also targeting September 6 for Mac (via Steam, GOG, GeForce NOW) — to be confirmed. Additional platforms TBD."

So, the release version for Mac is not available yet, only the EA one, I suppose.

Denton

They did have to move up the release one month earlier, i guess some issues were to be expected.

And on your earlier post

This is not gonna change, even with the pseudo-third-person camera, game is still built to be isometric.

Yeah and that sucks ass, honestly. There is zero reason why the analog stick couldn't be used to look up. Right now when zoomed in, analog stick just does nothing.

Witcher 1 and Dragon Age Origins both figured how to have proper third person and top down at the same time years ago.

xVodevil

Cyberpunk 2077 did 1.1 million.
Yeah right, still pretty wild how far we've came from 100k numbers of Witcher 3, though of course that was primarily gog with retail
Anyway these are some crazy numbers, and right now I'm just hoping all those voices hoping this is not the new standard for RPG's are watching closely

Guilty_AI

Yeah and that sucks ass, honestly. There is zero reason why the analog stick couldn't be used to look up. Right now when zoomed in, analog stick just does nothing.
There is. Tons of interiors in this game, its likely a lot of ceilings just aren't properly textured or behave as they should with a 'normal' third person camera

Fools idol

Banned
The attention to details is literally jaw dropping.

I've just spent bout an hour fucking around in the same area with a save, scumming trying different things, dialogues, ways to solve quests. This is the most detailed cRPG ever created. I am already starting to get re-roll anxiety because choices I made early on are already starting to shape up, and I'm wondering what would happen if I was a different race / dialogue options.

My only critisim so far is that it's very very overwhealming, so much going on, so many systems thrown at you at once. Branching storylines, characters, it makes their previous Divinity series games look like early access games in comparrison

Last edited:

Gorgon

If anyone is playing a custom Warlock (not Wyll) please share some info regarding interaction with a patron (Great Old One, etc). I'm curious if there's any kind of interaction at all.

About 30 min in and I'm hooked. Everything feels very cinematic and the sound design is really good.

The controller support so far has been good. Tip: If you are hovering over a weapon in your inventory and want to perform an action like move it to another character make sure you turn off item information otherwise it covers up the action menu. It is a whole different interface compared to the keyboard.

The text size options are very nice as well. I am playing on my new projector so I don't have to have them as large as on my TV,

Minor gripe, I wish I could disable the version number showing. It's not so bad while moving around, but in cutscenes it's a bit distracting.

Why do devs leave that up in some games?

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I see. So it can be nighttime in the camp only, right?
Well mostly, but there's night missions and things like that, and also weather is changed for different scenarios too.

Basically, it's like how it was in DOS2, but with more variation in both - bespoke, if you will, the opposite of open worldness.

Top Bottom