• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldur's Gate III | OT | Bear in Mind, Your Choices Have Consequences

Interfectum

eyzFWXT.png

ooh boy this better have been fuckin worth it...
It is. Game is fucking amazing.

Gonzito

Man I love the game but the performance is absolutely trash. It gets so bad later on, its honestly killing my enjoyment. Fps drops and constant stuttering, its a nightmare

Finally got into this game.. hard to stop! Having some big trouble at the druid camp though. Spoilers for earlish druid resolution situations

At the very beginning I suspected the child stole the pendent, so I didn't intervene and the dude slapped him or whatever. Later on I saved that one child from the beach with the sirens. I finally made it to the secret hideaway and the children seemed to hate me, especially Mol who threatened to report me. I left and went off to save the druid, when I came back one of the guys is very happy with me and wants to go to my camp. If I tell him to wait, when I try to go see the druid master I get stopped by Zevlor a few steps later and he attacks me even if I win the saving roll, if I agree to go back to the camp now with them - fucking Zevlor comes with them and attacks me there, lol. So I went through all this trouble to save these people a spot in the druid camp and now I've just got to kill them all? I should have murdered the children when they threatened to tell the guards I guess.

amigastar

oh, i heard act 3, late act 2 can get bad performance indeed since there'll be tons of stuff on screen and dense enviroments.
I think not much to do here besides lowering the settings a bit.
Yep, at this point i'm curious how it will run on the PS5 later in the game. That will be interesting to see, for sure.

Gonzito

That's crazy, I have an i7 and a 1080ti and it works great on max as best I can tell.
Where are you in the game? I have seen people saying the same with lower specs, it is weird. But all my games work great with no issues, Atlas Fallen for example runs flawlessly so I am sure that its just the game's optimisation because I see a lot of posts in reddit and steam complaining about this

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Yep, at this point i'm curious how it will run on the PS5 later in the game. That will be interesting to see, for sure.
I'm pretty sure Baldurs gate city is what has been giving them trouble on the series s

That's crazy, I have an i7 and a 1080ti and it works great on max as best I can tell.
It works fine for most of the game, but from what i heard, the last act takes place in a rather dense city which can tank the framerate. Before that there are also some really busy fights too, or so i've heard.

amigastar

I'm pretty sure Baldurs gate city is what has been giving them trouble on the series s

It works fine for most of the game, but from what i heard, the last act takes place in a rather dense city which can tank the framerate. Before that there are also some really busy fights too, or so i've heard.
You're right, now i understand the difficulties they have with Series S.

Beat Auntie Ethel inside her house, before she could get to her lair.

1. Beat the 3 goblins outside in the lake
2. Took Ethels invisibility potion
3. Dump oil on the ledge outside along with some explosive barrels
4. Wait till she walks near the outdoor ledge of her house then use gales thunder attack to push her out, starting the fight
5. Cast silence
6. Cast laughter
7. Attack with fire
8. Repeat between laughter and fire

Then walked with no issues to Marina. The dwarf with the bite is automatically saved as well

Last edited:
Where are you in the game? I have seen people saying the same with lower specs, it is weird. But all my games work great with no issues, Atlas Fallen for example runs flawlessly so I am sure that its just the game's optimisation because I see a lot of posts in reddit and steam complaining about this
Maybe the other fellow is right - I've played only maybe 10 hours and definitely haven't gotten to any mega complex environments like city of Baldur's Gate.

amigastar

Or, another issue is you don't have it installed on an SSD? SSD is in recommended specs.
Edit: ok, nvm

Last edited:

Minsc

Gold Member
You're right, now i understand the difficulties they have with Series S.

And yet it is Steam Deck verified - I know the Steam Deck cannot be stronger than the XSX. I guess it just can't meet MS' standards though, where Valve isn't as strict perhaps?

Guilty_AI

And yet it is Steam Deck verified - I know the Steam Deck cannot be stronger than the XSX. I guess it just can't meet MS' standards though, where Valve isn't as strict perhaps?
Deck has 16gb of ram and has split-screen disabled. There's no standard enforced by valve, its just treated as any pc.

Croga

As great as Larian are at putting out patches this is always what I dread to see when I go to play on Geforce Now after work.

To be fair Nvidia are getting much quicker at getting everything patched and back up since the first patch dropped, no longer waiting multiple hours.

amigastar

I'm 26 hours into the game and i don't wanna rush into Act 2 so i stray around and try to find remaining things to do in Act 1. Honestly it's a bit tiresome i just wanna move on.
I'm a bit over level 5 1/2. Thing is i don't know what leads me into Act 2.

Last edited:

Skifi28

Mountain pass or underdark elevator, that is the question. I imagine the moment you choose the other area is locked for you. It's impossible to decide.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I'm 26 hours into the game and i don't wanna rush into Act 2 so i stray around and try to find remaining things to do in Act 1. Honestly it's a bit tiresome i just wanna move on.
I'm a bit over level 5 1/2. Thing is i don't know what leads me into Act 2.

You'll be told clearly, don't worry. As much as there are people spending 60 hours in act 1 you really don't need to if that's not your playstyle. I intentionally left a gigantic area untouched for my 2nd run. Think I moved on at the same point as you.

Mountain pass or underdark elevator, that is the question. I imagine the moment you choose the other area is locked for you. It's impossible to decide.

You can do both and turn around before going to act 2.

Guilty_AI

Man I love the game but the performance is absolutely trash. It gets so bad later on, its honestly killing my enjoyment. Fps drops and constant stuttering, its a nightmare
Possible solution i found on reddit:

I stopped having issues when I went to task manager then clicked on the details tab...then found baldur's gate, right clicked, and set the priority to high. I have to do it every time I start the game, but it's easy enough.

Labadal

You can do both.

The game is terrible at communicating this.

As long as you don't use a certain elevator in the Underdark, you can go back to the Mountain pass.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Yes, if you don't want to miss stuff in Act 1: go to the Underdark but don't take the elevator that gives you an unfinished business prompt. When you've finished exploring the region, double back and do the mountain pass option instead.

Guilty_AI

Am i correct to assume act 2 will be shorter if i take the underdark instead of the mountain pass route? Thats what i understood from what Halsin told me.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Wow, this kagha girl is a bitch. I really don't like her

Funny how there are devil imp looking people in this game (Yes,i know they're called "tieflings") yet the most evil person (so far) is this asshole who wants to force them out and leave them to die

makes me angry :messenger_pouting:

Last edited:
Top Bottom