• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bannon fired / resigns; friends report plans to go to "war for WH"

That's a cultural issue, however. He definitely believes in the superiority of Western civilization, but not necessarily from a racial perspective. That isn't to say that he's not racist, but racism is not the prime drive behind his positions. He's no neonazi. He's something else.

Well he is definitely antisemtic so he has that in common with nazis...

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
mrOEtGQ.png

lol Brian

Skatterd

That's a cultural issue, however. He definitely believes in the superiority of Western civilization, but not necessarily from a racial perspective. That isn't to say that he's not racist, but racism is not the prime drive behind his positions. He's no neonazi. He's something else.

He's literally The Joker. He just wants to see the world burn.

Lunar15

I think there's some confusion regarding Bannon. I don't think he's that concerned about petty notions such as race. He's a neoreactionary, an economic nationalist. The unholy marriage of libertarianism and fascism. He has used the alt-right the same way the brownshirts were used, but he's not an alt-righter himself. He probably loathes them.

This is something I've been picking at for the last few weeks, but haven't really been able to put it into words. He's part of the whole anti-globalist, hyper-isolationist movement which isn't blatantly racist, but more inherently racist through the fact that "the west" reigns supreme.

I know this because I was almost tricked into following this path. It's a slippery slope from conservatism, to libertarianism, to neo-nationalism. And you can even sit there and explain why it's not racist because never in my life have I ever viewed any of my thoughts as blatantly racist, but looking back I was able to see how fucked up those ideas were. That's where I had my epiphany and got way more open minded.

Raven117

Calamity Banon is indeed a fascinating villian in all this.

Just look at this quote he gave.

”The reason that this guy won is quite simple: Middle-class people and working-class people are tired of people like Eric Cantor, who say they're conservative, [but are] selling out their interests every day to crony capitalists" Bannon said at the time.
He is both far right, and far left in one breath.

In case you want to read more.
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/08/18/steve-bannon-leaves-white-house-215503

This is something I've been picking at for the last few weeks, but haven't really been able to put it into words. He's part of the whole anti-globalist, hyper-isolationist movement which isn't blatantly racist, but more inherently racist through the fact that "the west" reigns supreme.
Im not sure is is hyper-isolationst so much as he is...The West Must Win. He is hyper critical of China (I have to admit, I am as well...China is only and will always be only for China).

Bannon is cancer to the WH and this nation. I'm happy to see him get the boot - but I'm not sure if this will do anything to turn around this sinking ship of a Presidency. The damage is already done...now they're just postponing the inevitable, it feels like.

I think Bannon will get the things he wants since they've largely been set in motion (EPA and education dept dismantling, climate change denial, muslim ban (sorry..."travel ban"), war on "PC" culture and affirmative action principles, banning of transgender from the military, dismantling of the ACA...

It's kind of amazing how much damage ~7 months of a Trump presidency has done...

Ogodei

Calamity Banon is indeed a fascinating villian in all this.

Just look at this quote he gave.

He is both far right, and far left in one breath.

In case you want to read more.
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/08/18/steve-bannon-leaves-white-house-215503

anti-corporatism exists on both the left and the right, but right-wing anti-corporatists are just using it as an excuse for anti-semitism or other kinds of xenophobia. They're happy with wealth and excess, as long as those who are excessively wealthy are aligned with their ideals.

Temascos

Neo Member
I'm glad Bannon is out, complete scumbag. That being said, we should probably wait and see if Brietbart goes against Trump, it could just be hearsay and then suddenly they ramp up their rhetoric against the Democrats/SJWs/Minorities.

If Trump does indeed start to lose approval amongst his base, then he's going to get even more erratic, buckle up over there USAGaf.

Blizzard

Banned
I think he referred to himself as the devil once in an interview.
He said, "Dick Cheney, Darth Vader, Satan. That's power. It only helps us when they get it wrong. When they're blind to who we are and what we're doing."

He also said, “Lenin wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment.”

This is the best news I've had in a while about someone leaving the government. I think Miller is the topmost evil that needs kicked out next, and then I'll feel slightly more comfortable about the dumpster fire spiraling into self-destruction without simultaneously destroying the government / country in the process.

sflufan

Banned
Steve Bannon proudly refers to himself as "Leninist" whose sole objective is to smash the state. He is a repugnantly fascinating individual who defies simple characterization.

LiK

He said, "Dick Cheney, Darth Vader, Satan. That's power. It only helps us when they get it wrong. When they're blind to who we are and what we're doing."

He also said, “Lenin wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment.”

This is the best news I've had in a while about someone leaving the government. I think Miller is the topmost evil that needs kicked out next, and then I'll feel slightly more comfortable about the dumpster fire spiraling into self-destruction without simultaneously destroying the government / country in the process.

That's right. Dude is like a real world villain.

kmax

Now that calamity Bannon is out from the WH, it shall be very interesting if he will attack Trump considering that he has made enemies inside the administration. Just think about all the dirt he has on Trump and the administration at large.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

You know I really want to believe that at the very least this week guaranteed that Trump couldn't win in 2020, but who the fuck knows with this rotten country.

Furyous

Steve Bannon proudly refers to himself as "Leninist" whose sole objective is to smash the state. He is a repugnantly fascinating individual who defies simple characterization.

This is the same dude that has a foundation centered on an alt right bible-like book about a shit eating immigrant that lets immigrants to overthrow white people. Good riddance the guy that founded a website with a dedicated black on black crime section is out of the President's ear.

Now get Betsy Devos the fuck out of the DOE and Jeff Sessions out as well before going after Trump.

Korigama

Such wonderful news to be greeted with. I'd say they disposed of him like the trash that he is, but that would be an insult to actual garbage sitting in any given landfill.

tuffy

A Master Strategist: Steve Bannon Has Completed His Yearlong Plan To Become Increasingly Irrelevant Before Eventually Getting Fired
Bannon hit the ground running almost immediately, slamming through a legally shoddy travel ban as the first in a chain of unforced errors whose strategic elegance would make Sun Tzu weep. From there, he wove a web of manipulation, effortlessly alienating potential allies, stoking pointless factionalism inside the administration, and making the POTUS increasingly frustrated with him until he was shunted to the margins. In just a few short months, Bannon lost influence, access, allies, and power at an unprecedented rate, demonstrating to a rapt nation just how formidable of a tactician he truly was. Few could be as disciplined as Bannon with their goal so tantalizingly in view, but Bannon–no ordinary politician–waited with mantis-like patience to become completely impotent before finally getting himself fired, his ultimate masterstroke.

Top Bottom