• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bannon fired / resigns; friends report plans to go to "war for WH"

Women who you fall in love with and believe are hard-working, independent, and trustworthy people who you then find out are having sex with an older guy they met online for money/gifts and value material gain over all the love you had to give

Sorry, an easier definition escapes me, perhaps I'm projecting :/

Dude.

Seeing how Breitbart are trying to spin things now, it is staggering to me that, despite everything, these people still evangelise Trump as the one 'pure shining light' that is being degraded by everyone around him.

Like, perhaps I'm naive, but I always imagined people like Bannon to be the more intelligent (if not disgustingly evil) ones that just put up with Trump's bullshit for their own gains.

But no, they genuinely do seem to believe in Trump's rhetoric. That's insane.

It's not that they buy into Trump so much as he's their golden goose. Without him, their influence is greatly diminished. Having the ear of the President himself is much more significant than any other consideration. That's why they'd defend him no matter what.

jiiikoo

Banned
Women who you fall in love with and believe are hard-working, independent, and trustworthy people who you then find out are having sex with an older guy they met online for money/gifts and value material gain over all the love you had to give

O_O

HotHamBoy

decisions

Giganteus

Nah, you're not projecting.

First letter of each paragraph

qM6odlZ.jpg

This letter is like onions. It has layers.

incoming relationshipGAF thread gold

theWB27

Gaf is here whenever you need to make that thread.

Bleepey

I think there's some confusion regarding Bannon. I don't think he's that concerned about petty notions such as race. He's a neoreactionary, an economic nationalist. The unholy marriage of libertarianism and fascism. He has used the alt-right the same way the brownshirts were used, but he's not an alt-righter himself. He probably loathes them.

Why do you say that?

commedieu

Banned

(Hug)

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Hannity launching into deep state/intel community tirade about unmasking and I can't take any more of it to hang on long enough to hear him come back around to Bannon

I think there's some confusion regarding Bannon. I don't think he's that concerned about petty notions such as race. He's a neoreactionary, an economic nationalist. The unholy marriage of libertarianism and fascism. He has used the alt-right the same way the brownshirts were used, but he's not an alt-righter himself. He probably loathes them.

Really? Almost everything I've seen from him point to him legitimately thinking the "invasion" of islam is going to be the downfall of western civilization lol

Raven117

He does actually (if his interview is to be believed).

He dismissed the far right as irrelevant and sidestepped his own role in cultivating it: ”Ethno-nationalism—it's losers. It's a fringe element. I think the media plays it up too much, and we gotta help crush it, you know, uh, help crush it more."

”These guys are a collection of clowns," he added.

http://prospect.org/article/steve-bannon-unrepentant

Bannon was and is an interesting figure in all of this.

His stance on N. Korea
Contrary to Trump's threat of fire and fury, Bannon said: ”There's no military solution [to North Korea's nuclear threats], forget it. Until somebody solves the part of the equation that shows me that ten million people in Seoul don't die in the first 30 minutes from conventional weapons, I don't know what you're talking about, there's no military solution here, they got us." Bannon went on to describe his battle inside the administration to take a harder line on China trade, and not to fall into a trap of wishful thinking in which complaints against China's trade practices now had to take a backseat to the hope that China, as honest broker, would help restrain Kim.

decisions

Didn't mean to derail the thread, although I really do appreciate the sentiments guys! Thanks so much, It was a really shitty thing for me to deal with but I'm hoping it leads to a better person soon!

Anyway back to discussing this shitshow!

jelly

It's kinda pointless right, I mean we aren't going to start quoting Breitbart articles are we, how can you tell shit from shit?

Raven117

Yeah I doubt it. He was the head of fucking breitbart for a long, long time and I remember hearing an NPR interviewer where someone said he was a true believer without a doubt.

There is plenty of evidence supporting this position for sure. And whether he is or isn't, he has laid in bed with them too long not to be labeled as such.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Really? Almost everything I've seen from him point to him legitimately thinking the "invasion" of islam is going to be the downfall of western civilization lol
That's a cultural issue, however. He definitely believes in the superiority of Western civilization, but not necessarily from a racial perspective. That isn't to say that he's not racist, but racism is not the prime drive behind his positions. He's no neonazi. He's something else.

LiK

That's a cultural issue, however. He definitely believes in the superiority of Western civilization, but not necessarily from a racial perspective. That isn't to say that he's not racist, but racism is not the prime drive behind his positions. He's no neonazi. He's something else.

I think he referred to himself as the devil once in an interview.

Blizzard

Banned
Am I hearing the time travel excuse correctly? I'm going to have to remember that if I'm ever fired.

"You can't hire me, I quit 2 weeks ago! In fact, I just showed up every day and didn't say anything for fun!"

Top Bottom