• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bannon fired / resigns; friends report plans to go to "war for WH"

(Copied my own post from other thread here)

Why do people think Bannon will continue loving him? Is there something I'm missing? It was an uneasy alliance to begin with, and Bannon's entire tenure was basically a pissing match with Trump's own relatives (which he lost), marked by the steady revocation of duties and access.
Bannon likes Trumpism. Jared and Ivanka are (((globalists)))

Tovarisc

nBhpFhY.png

https://twitter.com/SaraCarterDC/status/898588141686104070

Time to backdate that resignation letter?

Peccavi

In this moment Trump becomes Presidential. Finally the long awaited pivot.

Or Trump looked at his approval numbers and said, "They think it's impossible for me to go below 30% because of my Breitbart base? Hold my beer..."

Kusagari

Why now, at the exact moment when the president is publicly, aggressively embracing Bannon's worldview?

It's actually the perfect time. Trump is invincible in the eyes of the alt-right now and Bannon can slink back to Breitbart and push his agenda freely while saying he was a martyr pushed out by the globalists despite Trump's wishes.

Mahonay

Banned
So, is this a sign of him cleaning house / getting his shit together, or are we safe to assume that this is just a further sign of Trump's downfall?
The latter. Trump loves firing people when shit goes bad. Nothing improves afterward. It's been progressively worse each time.

JoeBoy101

Welp, that happened.

The Trump administration is many things... but BORING isn't one of them, that's for sure.

Trumpster Fire indeed.

I mean, this administration is a career meat grinder right now. Anyone who would willfully join up could be given serious side-eye just over their lack of pattern recognition alone.

Bannon likely realized that Trump is too stupid to accomplish his goals so he's leaving to prepare the way for someone like him, but with more intelligence and self-control. I'm confident we haven't seen the last of him.

sangreal

It's actually the perfect time. Trump is invincible in the eyes of the alt-right now and Bannon can slink back to Breitbart and push his agenda freely while saying he was a martyr pushed out by the globalists despite Trump's wishes.

sounds about right

Gorillaz

bannon will be made a martyr for this

no way thus doesn't get worst for Trump in some form especially with whatever contacts bannon made in the WH

Took one for the team. T_D doesn't know how to respond to this yet. Most seem to be awaiting marching orders. There's a few "now he'll be stronger than ever!" posts, but mostly just headlines.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Jake Tapper‏ @jaketapper

White House Chief Strategist Steve Bannon is out, two administration officials tell CNN's @kaitlancollins and @ElizLanders

Bluenoser

Crazy news, but not really surprising. Bannon could do some real damage back to Trump if he wanted to, but it would depend on if it clashes with his own interests.

Top Bottom