• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Banshee - Season 3 - Fridays on Cinemax

Status
Not open for further replies.

hokahey

Sheesh. Some of the worst writing in the series on this new episode. Job being the "best hacker in the world" was quite laughable. Also, the flashbacks are appearing more and more now. Starting to mess with the shows pacing. Just hope the mercenary storyline can give the season a strong finish.

It baffles me when people don't understand the pulp nature of this show. If Job had been anything but THE hacker I would have been disappointed. Every aspect of it is over the top, which is what makes Banshee so much fun. It's kind of the point.

So Will we see Hood vs Stowe this episode or will we have to wait until season 4? I know they talk face to face but maybe something happens and they're in a gunfight without fighting hand to hand and Stowe survives.

Surprised no one mentioned, Walton was it? Hood's previous government boss? FIgure he's being set up for a future season as well.

I'd kill for Burton vs Stowe btw, but that would never happen.

themadcowtipper

Smells faintly of rancid stilton.
Haven't been following the thread as I just binged through all the seasons, but why is season 4 only eight episodes?

Love the show. Hope the shorten season is not because ratings or cancellation. Would just be my luck though. Get into a show, catch up and it is cancelled.

Can't wait for the season finale.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Haven't been following the thread as I just binged through all the seasons, but why is season 4 only eight episodes?

Love the show. Hope the shorten season is not because ratings or cancellation. Would just be my luck though. Get into a show, catch up and it is cancelled.

Can't wait for the season finale.

Banshee is Cinemax's highest rated show.

On a serious note, can we talk about Max and what the hell is going on with the character?

Right now, no-one seems to care about the kid and considering how important his arc was in the beginning with his asthma and needing a lung transplant, what the hell at everyone suddenly not giving a shit about the little guy.

He seems to constantly be left alone for hours at a time, perhaps even days go by without anyone checking on him. This is a kid who could have a serious attack and choke to death at any moment and the only time he's been referenced is when Deva dropped off an obscenely overpriced copy of Mainline 5.

Just what in the hell?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
On a serious note, can we talk about Max and what the hell is going on with the character?

Right now, no-one seems to care about the kid and considering how important his arc was in the beginning with his asthma and needing a lung transplant, what the hell at everyone suddenly not giving a shit about the little guy.

He seems to constantly be left alone for hours at a time, perhaps even days go by without anyone checking on him. This is a kid who could have a serious attack and choke to death at any moment and the only time he's been referenced is when Deva dropped off an obscenely overpriced copy of Mainline 5.

Just what in the hell?

I hope one of the critics asks the Banshee guys about this too.

yoplay

It baffles me when people don't understand the pulp nature of this show. If Job had been anything but THE hacker I would have been disappointed. Every aspect of it is over the top, which is what makes Banshee so much fun. It's kind of the point.

edit: This show is pulp, but that doesn't mean it needs to get lazy explaining things. U want to be able to connect the dots or then things get laughably bad (ex. Dexter).

Maybe writers realized nobody cares so they just ignore him ?
I imagine that's part of it, but when it's the child of two of the main characters, it's still a bit odd that he's been totally absent this season, especially since he's so young. If he was older they could cook up some excuse why he's not there, but right now it's a bit weird. (But also hilarious.)

Maybe writers realized nobody cares so they just ignore him ?

That's probably part of it, but it's not like he's some side character. He's the kid of the two main characters, seems very strange that he's just completely ignored by both of them.

I hope one of the critics asks the Banshee guys about this too.

I hope so too. Banshee is usually consistent in how characters are treated, which is why the treatment of Max is sticking out so much.

I imagine that's part of it, but when it's the child of two of the main characters, it's still a bit odd that he's been totally absent this season, especially since he's so young. If he was older they could cook up some excuse why he's not there, but right now it's a bit weird. (But also hilarious.)

Pretty much this. I'll admit it's funny thinking about him just laying in bed with copies of Forza 5 piling up on his dresser, but it's really annoying me that he went from semi important and being a big part of two characters lives to someone they don't even give a passing fuck about any more.

themadcowtipper

Smells faintly of rancid stilton.

Just what in the hell?

Isn't he the reason Carrie is stealing because their insurance doesn't cover it...
i seem to remember that briefly being talked about.

Good set-up episode.

I really hope Rebecca suffers some serious consequences for what she did.

Burton is cool as usual. I would have loved it if, as Hood passed, he just flicked his thumb back towards the building and was like "Burton."

Colonel Stoweminator is fucking scary. He fucking took everyone down in seconds.

So tired of Deva, genuinely.

Nazi big bads next season! I'm now imagining a massive faction war in Season 5: Nazis, Black Beards, Amish gangsters, Mercs, cops, Natives, and everyone else with a gun.

Wooooo, Gordon/Hood team up. But if Gordon dies, I would be seriously pissed. I'VE BEEN WAITING THREE YEARS FOR GORDON TO GET HIS ACT TOGETHER AND FUCK SHIT UP.

What happened to the widow of that guy that Hood shot and killed in the first season?

Didn't he keep fucking her on the side until he and Shiobahn went steady?

UrbanRats

What did I miss that Stowe is a terminator? I saw a mention of a metal skeleton

1) He can withstand multiple shotgun shots to the chest.
2) He mentioned coming from the future "with a mission".
3) Hood's real name (he told Siobhan before dying) is "Connor".

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Season finale tonight!

We All Pay Eventually

In the Season 3 finale, Lucas recalls a furtive chapter in his life; and a fan of Job's work offers him special treatment. Later, Lucas is surprised when Gordon joins him for final negotiations with Stowe in Genoa; and Proctor and Rebecca pick up a new ally as they depart for Philadelphia to settle a score.

Krassus

Did you watch the heist episode? Do you need more proof?

he'll be back

When I saw that episode I didn't think terminator. I thought badass with a BPV took bird shot, shook it off and laid some nasty karate in that truck.

I like the terminator theory better though

When I saw that episode I didn't think terminator. I thought badass with a BPV took bird shot, shook it off and laid some nasty karate in that truck.

I like the terminator theory better though

Don't forget taking a blast from the C4 nearly head on and getting shot and still being able to own the fuck out of Carrie, Hood and Job in the van.

Dude makes Terminator look like a simp.

Don't forget taking a blast from the C4 nearly head on and getting shot and still being able to own the fuck out of Carrie, Hood and Job in the van.

Dude makes Terminator look like a simp.
I loved how he grabbed Hood horror movie style before getting in the van, shit was hilarious. Than he owned 3 named main characters of the show. Stoweminator does not fuck around.

I was so hoping Stowe would get up in the stinger like, "tis but a scratch." This was a rather dense ass episode, Job got shanghai'd, holy shit.

So hood and job were
CIA
I'm guessing.

If hood and Gordon didn't spend 10min shooting at the same guys we could have gotten a better terminator fight with all of them

Ekdrm2d1

Okay he just left.

I guess next season we will see the "special training" that Hood received? Unless that was just background pertaining to this season.

Mr. Terminator's death wasn't that gross. lol

A little drunk, sorry :p

mm04

This season zoomed right through! Episode was action packed, for sure. I'm very curious where they're going to go with this next season and if Hood has truly left being the Sheriff behind for good. It was actually refreshing that the boss fight was not Hood vs Jarhead, but Carrie instead. Having Hood defeat both Chayton and Stowe in the same season might have leveled him up a bit too much.

I just read that the reason they're moving to 8 episodes next season is because they believe the cable model is changing. Used True Detective as a successful 8 episode run while still maintaining excitement for the franchise. I'm not sure I agree, but I'm happy we're getting another season.

ed_fusion

Banned
this season was the best season imo...

action packed finale...

gordon went out like a G..

And now i am dying to see bunker's storyline continued...

i have no idea what lies in store for season 4 but i will be here with you guys, god willing, to find out in 2016...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom