• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Banshee - Season 3 - Fridays on Cinemax

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoplay

Sheesh. Some of the worst writing in the series on this new episode. Job being the "best hacker in the world" was quite laughable. Also, the flashbacks are appearing more and more now. Starting to mess with the shows pacing. Just hope the mercenary storyline can give the season a strong finish.

I'm not sure it particularly matter where in Banshee you are, your life expectancy drops once you enter the town.

I do think Gordon might bite it though. I could see him going with Hood to save Carrie & co., and he already had his touching sort of reconciliation with her. The big question is, who's watching Max? I'm pretty sure that kid's been a corpse since episode 2.
Max has become the Rickon Stark of the Banshee universe.

Wiktor

Damn..the jarheads cleaned up the house :D

A bit of a breather episode before next week, but still so damn fun. Loved how Kai got himself out of the troubles without any help needed. And how Hood just fucking left him there and just got the woman :D

And yeah..it's Banshee, so of course the ex-Nazi is awesome at hand to hand combat :D

Can't wait for next week. The only bad thing is that I will then have to wait a whole damn year for more Banshee. Thankfully I will have Strike Back and Quarry to give me mine Cinemax fix.
It's amazing how much the show recovered after S2.

xrnzaaas

Damn..the jarheads cleaned up the house :D

A bit of a breather episode before next week, but still so damn fun. Loved how Kai got himself out of the troubles without any help needed. And how Hood just fucking left him there and just got the woman :D

And yeah..it's Banshee, so of course the ex-Nazi is awesome at hand to hand combat :D

Can't wait for next week. The only bad thing is that I will then have to wait a whole damn year for more Banshee. Thankfully I will have Strike Back and Quarry to give me mine Cinemax fix.
It's amazing how much the show recovered after S2.

Wasn't Strike Back cancelled?

The thing about Max is, he was a big part in Deva's character development, but apparently she just doesn't give a shit anymore.
She did steal Forza for him, maybe he just became a shut in, playing videogames all day.
I think she was building a shrine to his dead body.

Zaph

Speaking of which, ain't no way the entire gang is surviving this season with that guy on their trail. They ain't gonna kill another leading lady, so I fear this might mark the end of our favourite duo :(

Latest episode is making me double down on this. I don't believe the writers are going to let the gang pull off another grand finale rescue/assault without casualties :(

oneils

How is this season so good. I love this damn show. I feel like I should get a huge whiff of cheese, but nothing - still pretty slick to me.

Ekdrm2d1

You shut your whore mouth! You no take Banshee.

a2553964ee684418c4cb8e861b4abd15.gif

UrbanRats

But really though, Bunker, can't you just cover up intelligently those tattoos? At least the little Swastika on the cheek.
Turn it into a little square or something, turn the SS eagle into an american flag waving eagle and so on.

Good episode, but it was clearly all set up for the next episode, which I'm guessing is the finale? Man, how fast time has flown this season...

Anyway, loved that Kai didn't need any help to get out of that predicament. It's about time we saw what makes him an utter badass that is feared and this episode went some way in showing that.

Bunker scene was great and maybe I'm going crazy, but does anyone else think the cheek tattoo looked more faded this week compared to when he first saw him? Maybe it'll be entirely gone by next season?

His brother is also probably going to be one of the big bads next season, along with Stowe as there's really no way they can resolve that in just one episode.

And goddamn at Stowe, he cleared house like a pro. I really hope he sticks around and isn't done away with next episode.

Deva - the only bad part of the episode. To go from Proctor to Deva was just...ugh.

Zaph

Bunker scene was great and maybe I'm going crazy, but does anyone else think the cheek tattoo looked more faded this week compared to when he first saw him? Maybe it'll be entirely gone by next season?
I noticed that too. Along with Brock saying "it's a process" I assume Bunker's taking the obvious step of laser tattoo removal? It takes layers of your skin off over time, causing the tatt to slowly fade away.

This was a great setup to the finale.

I hope they don't do what I think they're going to do.
Killing Job would make me sad because he's the best part of the show after all.

I do have to agree with some of the current sentiment in the thread given where do you really go with things that could equal 2 more seasons of possible content. 1 more with what you have left unless they introduce another beast like Chayton that needs a season of real buildup before becoming THE threat but even then you'd need something to fill that void and we had the Rabbit runback for that.

The only thing I need the finale of S3 to deliver on is a gunfight that makes the one we got in S1 look like nothing at all.

Can't wait until next Friday!

Wiktor

This was a great setup to the finale.

I hope they don't do what I think they're going to do.
Killing Job would make me sad because he's the best part of the show after all.

I do have to agree with some of the current sentiment in the thread given where do you really go with things that could equal 2 more seasons of possible content. 1 more with what you have left unless they introduce another beast like Chayton that needs a season of real buildup before becoming THE threat but even then you'd need something to fill that void and we had the Rabbit runback for that.

The only thing I need the finale of S3 to deliver on is a gunfight that makes the one we got in S1 look like nothing at all.

Can't wait until next Friday!
Well....Nazis in S4 (with possible Terminator arc continuation) and then epic final war with Kai in S5? That would be quess

Sheesh. Some of the worst writing in the series on this new episode. Job being the "best hacker in the world" was quite laughable. Also, the flashbacks are appearing more and more now. Starting to mess with the shows pacing. Just hope the mercenary storyline can give the season a strong finish.
"The fanboys call him Job."

ed_fusion

Banned
Well....Nazis in S4 (with possible Terminator arc continuation) and then epic final war with Kai in S5? That would be quess

Bingo..

next season should be hood vs terminator army guy ..with a nazi power house as a mini boss...

and final season is hood vs proctor....(with burton vs hood in the most violent, gory, bloody fight ever produced on television...)

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
But really though, Bunker, can't you just cover up intelligently those tattoos? At least the little Swastika on the cheek.

Seriously! (I believe that) The rest of his nazi tattoos can't be seen when he's wearing his police uniform - some concealer or a big bandaid would be enough to mask the one on his cheek.

His brother is also probably going to be one of the big bads next season, along with Stowe as there's really no way they can resolve that in just one episode.

Then again, this is Banshee...

S1 - Sets up Rabbit as the big bad
S2 - Sets up Chayton to be the big bad for the next season, Rabbit dies
S3 - Sets up Stowe to be the big bad for the next season, Chayton dies
S4 - Sets up Nazis to be the big bad for the next season, Stowe dies
S5 - Nazi, Native American, Amish, Police faction war

:O

I fucks with all of this! Confidence restored if the show can deliver something along these lines!

Seriously! (I believe that) The rest of his nazi tattoos can't be seen when he's wearing his police uniform - some concealer or a big bandaid would be enough to mask the one on his cheek.

Then again, this is Banshee...

I can't wait for Hood to find out he can't stop the Stoweminator next week
hope he kills Carrie

Alpende

This season keeps going full speed and I love it. I really dug hoe Stowe rounded up Sugar, Job and Carrie so methodically. One more episode and the long wait begins yet again.

aku:jiki

I have a hard time believing that there's any sort of solid 5 year plan for the show, considering how unfocused and aimless large parts of season 2 were. Maybe they realized that and started on a plan to fix that afterwards, but no way did they have a plan laid out before the show started.

UrbanRats

The blind dude torturing Kay HAS to be a big badguy for S4, plus Kay has returned to his evil ways, himself.

Alpende

The blind dude torturing Kay HAS to be a big badguy for S4, plus Kay has returned to his evil ways, himself.

Not necessarily. I thought that fat dude in the truck would become some sort of bad guy but they offed him in the same episode. Maybe Kai kills Frazier in an episode or two.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Killing a blind guy won't take a whole season, Burton will take care of him on his way to McDonald's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom