• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Banshee - Season 3 - Fridays on Cinemax

Status
Not open for further replies.

finowns

15 minutes in. Just make Hood Weapon X already.

Lol.

Sugar, Laila Ali'd that guard. And what's up with the sneakiest hacker in world snatching Job. He fired a gun didn't he?!

Gordan, whatever. Hood is secretly thrilled he won't be sharing Deva.

Also, I appreciate Job's messy kill.

RS4-

Lol.

Sugar, Laila Ali'd that guard. And what's up with the sneakiest hacker in world snatching Job. He fired a gun didn't he?!

Silencer.

And FUCK MAN, WHY. Goddamnit. Gordie was bad ass. Good finale, except for the filler shootout with Hood/Gordon vs two campers.

That Kai smirk, the end credit scene. Fuck.

edit - Oh yeah, that shit with Bunker, good christ man. Next season needs to happen already.

Seesaw15

42 minutes in. Gordon simping to the very end.

Edit-Also in hindsight it feels like Max would have been better off staying with Rabbit. At least someone would be watching him!

Watching now.

Ohhhhhh motherfucker, Gordon's gun is complete! These credits are fantastic. So intense.

Creepy Job fanboy.

Burton is oh so tender.

Reckless Rebecca. They gonna go back to banging?

Porky merc douche.

Lol, "old friends".

These two bickering like kids.

"HAVE SOME MOTHERFUCKING DIGNITY". Someone gif that.

Stoweminator!

The balls on this fucking guy. Six million reasons.

This black ops fucker is creepy.

I thought it was unbelievable only Gordon and Hood against Black Ops
I really thought Job was dead with that shot at least they just captured him.

really don't know where this Nazi subplot is going. there are so many subplot this season its kind of a mess. I wish they would have focus on the Marine heist then subplot Chayton.

gotta look fly dead
\
wP2Hl1j.gif

Lol, Job is like I can't believe this motherfucker just walked in.

Bunker! His brother is one sharply dressed Nazi, jeez. Bunker gonna take down the Nazis! "I am the Brotherhood", lol.

Haters gonna hate.

The Salvadoran is hilarious. I dunno why, he's cracking me up, hombres.

A fucking sword? Phallic symbolism much?

Battle prep montage?

I assume the spook is next season's big bad.

Gordon! Finally, time to kill some motherfuckers?

AW YEAH. SNIPER RIFLE, BITCH!

Bunk has anger issues.

Burton too the glasses off! Someone make a supercut of that.

Gordon with the grenade launcher!

Ekdrm2d1

Lol, Job is like I can't believe this motherfucker just walked in.

Bunker! His brother is one sharply dressed Nazi, jeez. Bunker gonna take down the Nazis! "I am the Brotherhood", lol.

Haters gonna hate.

The Salvadoran is hilarious. I dunno why, he's cracking me up, hombres.

A fucking sword? Phallic symbolism much?

Battle prep montage?

I assume the spook is next season's big bad.

Gordon! Finally, time to kill some motherfuckers?

AW YEAH. SNIPER RIFLE, BITCH!

Bunk has anger issues.

Burton too the glasses off! Someone make a supercut of that.

Gordon with the grenade launcher!

wP2Hl1j.gif

Great Finale!

Called it on Dalton, totally next season's big bad.

Gordon went out like a champ.

Nice to see Team Proctor back together and kicking ass.

Job is clearly taken to Dalton.

Also, how in the mother fuck are they going to explain away Gordon's death. I mean there is no POSSIBLE way to do this.

Holy fuck, Gordon. HOLY FUCK. I've been waiting three years for Gordon to finally break bad, and he did it gloriously.

He went out like a total baller hero:

- Grenaded a motherfucking guard tower
- Sniped a bunch of corrupt mercs
- Took a bullet like a chance
- Blew Stowe's fingers off when Hood choked.

Motherfucking BOSS. And the dude was a legit, straight up hero all throughout.

That he's dead has me steaming cause I fucking love this dude so much right now.

And Dalton is the next Big Bad, clear as day. poor Job.

And what the fuck is up with Kai's smirk at the end?

Also, bishop, here's how they explain Gordon's death:

The Mayor and the Sheriff had such titanium balls that they took on a corrupt detachment of troops on mercs singlehandedly AND FUCKING WON. That's how. The FBI will come in, give Gordon a posthumous medal, and then quietly bury it.

Seriously, this show needs more love, no other show has ever had the sheer balls to the wall action that Banshee does each season, and it keeps getting more absurd as the show goes on. Most action movies wish they were as tense and well directed as this show is.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Dammit, I was hoping Job wouldn't get taken, fuck. They better not kill him off, bastards.

yoplay

I thought it was unbelievable only Gordon and Hood against Black Ops
I really thought Job was dead with that shot at least they just captured him.

really don't know where this Nazi subplot is going. there are so many subplot this season its kind of a mess. I wish they would have focus on the Marine heist then subplot Chayton.

gotta look fly dead
\
wP2Hl1j.gif

Yep. Had they focused on the heist and the core team, the second half of the season would have been salvageable. Nazi cop is just a set up for whomever is controlling that end of the organization...hopefully. The Rebecca shit is corny. They need to also wrap up Proctor, but I guess that is the shows end game. I am intrigued by Hoods military background. That should be ace. Also, nice set up with Job being captured.

Still a very serviceable show. Smart decision for a short episode order next year. Keep the plot nice and compact.

What an amazing finale. It was incredible. So many things happened, and all of it was interesting! Banshee really has carved a niche all it's own, nothing else on TV is anything like it. Because it's not real, I can say that I'm bizarrely happy about the blowtorch stuff. Bunker is such a cool character, and hopefully the scars will look sexy instead of grotesque. I'm really excited about his storyline next season!

P.S. Why was the lawyer lady a series regular this season? I like her, but she was barely there. I think three episodes total? Hopefully her role will expand next season.

P.S.S. Please make Matthew Rauch and Tom Pelphrey series regulars, thanks.

It baffles me when people don't understand the pulp nature of this show. If Job had been anything but THE hacker I would have been disappointed. Every aspect of it is over the top, which is what makes Banshee so much fun. It's kind of the point.

You get it. The show is a Pulpy treat. Fun show.

Loofy

I hope they dont do a thing where hood has to do a job for kai and then he has a 'well this is awkward' moment when brock has to bust him.

Cant believe that season went by so fast.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Greg Yaitanes said:
But I feel like the model keeps changing anyway. 13 episodes was the model for a season. Then it was 10. Then eight was the model. Like True Detective and other shows that have done eight episode runs. There's nothing behind it other than that's what seems to be the new model for cable to some extent.

Cool, but, like, maybe do what's best for Banshee instead? It's cool that True Detective made 8 episodes work and it's cool that The Fall is 5 episodes and it's cool that Sherlock is 3 episodes, but, maybe, like, keep doing what you're doing regardless of what other shows are doing? Less doesn't always equal more - Banshee has had some of the coolest "filler"* episodes ever and now we're going to get less of it because you're arbitrarily following some imaginary new standard**? Fuck off. Honestly. That bugs the heck outta me.

*hate hate hate this term btw
**and on a channel with an absolute dearth of original programming? I can understand why HBO or whoever might establish a new standard of shorter seasons - to make more room for the huge number of series they air every year - but Cinemax has three shows.

Greg Yaitanes said:
And you also want to ride the full wave of enthusiasm, I think. When people know they have eight episode, they know those eight episode will be even more precious. That more is going to happen within each episode.

Cool bro. Cool. You know what would be even better though? Making a single 90 minute Banshee movie every year instead! Ditch the TV show format and just make a movie every year. You see the kind of box office Hunger Games does? Think they'd get that level of enthusiasm if it was a TV show with 8 episodes? This way, when people know they have only 90 minutes, they know those 90 minutes will be even more precious. That more is going to happen within each scene.

:/

xrnzaaas

Well they certainly ended the season with a bang. :) I loved it even though I think they should've left Bunker's storyline for next season.

And is it just me or is Hood going to start working for Proctor in exchange for him helping to find Job? That would be an insane twist.

Wiktor

Jesus. That was one hell of explosive finale. The took out the whole damn army base :D Everybody got a chance to shine. Even Gordon went out like a badass, taking out fricking Terminator.

And those flashbacks. Dalton looks like such awesome bigbad. And poor Bunker. The guy acted the hell out of this role this time. And all the brutality. The fingers flying, the cigare into empty eye socked. And of course a drug lord will be a sword weilding badass, because why the fuck not? It's Banshee after all :D

I loved this season. Not only the best season of Banshee, but overall one of the finest seasons of anything I've ever seen. Television doesn't get much more fun than this.
It's barely march, but feel like it will be incredibly hard for anything to top it this year for me.

And now I have to wait fricking 9 months for more? It's like a shitty pregnancy :(

Wiktor

Also, bishop, here's how they explain Gordon's death:

The Mayor and the Sheriff had such titanium balls that they took on a corrupt detachment of troops on mercs singlehandedly AND FUCKING WON. That's how. The FBI will come in, give Gordon a posthumous medal, and then quietly bury it.
I imagine each time this comes up in FBI HQ it's like this
Boss: What the hell? Somebody slaughterd whole army base?
Underling ; Sir, it was in Banshee.
Boss; Ahh..ok, moving on.

Monocle

Awesome finale. This whole season was a massive step up from season 2. Just the quality boost I needed to stick with this series in spite of all the other new shows vying for my time.

What an amazing finale. It was incredible. So many things happened, and all of it was interesting! Banshee really has carved a niche all it's own, nothing else on TV is anything like it. Because it's not real, I can say that I'm bizarrely happy about the blowtorch stuff. Bunker is such a cool character, and hopefully the scars will look sexy instead of grotesque. I'm really excited about his storyline next season!
Man, I was thinking exactly the same thing during that blowtorch scene. They better not ruin the hottest guy on the show with nasty burns. I know all of our favorite shows can't have fireproof hunks, but it would be cool if Bunker somehow pulled a Parrish this one time.

Guess you could say I like my men how I like my bacon: Great big slabs of crispy well smoked meat.

Too much?

P.S. Why was the lawyer lady a series regular this season? I like her, but she was barely there. I think three episodes total? Hopefully her role will expand next season.

P.S.S. Please make Matthew Rauch and Tom Pelphrey series regulars, thanks.
This, this, this. I can't think of a single reason why we shouldn't see more of these great actors. Especially given the length of season 4. Eight episodes are going to go by in a flash.

Monocle

Eight episodes irks me.

WHY.
Because True Detective, apparently:

IGN: I was thrilled to hear that the show was returning for Season 4. But it's only for eight episodes now. Is there a reason it's no longer 10? I know you've also got a new Cinemax series called Quarry.

Yaitanes: I mean, I'm doing Quarry for Cinemax, yes. Directing every episode of Quarry, which I'm really excited about. But I feel like the model keeps changing anyway. 13 episodes was the model for a season. Then it was 10. Then eight was the model. Like True Detective and other shows that have done eight episode runs. There's nothing behind it other than that's what seems to be the new model for cable to some extent. And you also want to ride the full wave of enthusiasm, I think. When people know they have eight episode, they know those eight episode will be even more precious. That more is going to happen within each episode.

Kind of a lame model if you ask me.

Eight or ten satisfies me. Both have good pacing. Less episodes and you feel wanting more, while more lowers the production values and hurt pacing.

Eight is fine to me.

Wiktor

I wouldn't be surpried if the smaller oder is at least partially caused by increasing ammount of action scenes. The ones in S3 were much more complex than anything before and there was more of them. With Hood taking on Dalton and Nazis at the same time it's likely it might increase even further. Especially since they killed a lot of characters that delivered quieter moments :D

Also...those were awfully sharply dressed Nazis
nazis_zpsuzyq52sr.jpg

The one in the middle is especially a Hipster Nazi.

charsace

I wouldn't be surpried if the smaller oder is at least partially caused by increasing ammount of action scenes. The ones in S3 were much more complex than anything before and there was more of them. With Hood taking on Dalton and Nazis at the same time it's likely it might increase even further. Especially since they killed a lot of characters that delivered quieter moments :D

Also...those were awfully sharply dressed Nazis
nazis_zpsuzyq52sr.jpg

The one in the middle is especially a Hipster Nazi.

They look to be skinhead style Nazi's which have existed for decades so it isn't hipster.

Eight or ten satisfies me. Both have good pacing. Less episodes and you feel wanting more, while more lowers the production values and hurt pacing.

Eight is fine to me.

I think ten is the right number. Obviously I'd prefer 12 or 13 but 10 feels like the minimum you'd want in a season.

Everyone got fucked. Except for that Native cop. What ever happened to him?

I think the stories are going to branch off next season. Hood and friends will be looking for Job in Philly, while Brock and co. will be dealing with Bunker's brother in Banshee.

UrbanRats

A good finale to a good season, more or less on par with Season 1, minus the severe lack of fucking.

But really, was i supposed to know who that Dalton guy was? If that's the case, i'm drawing a blank.

Wiktor

A good finale to a good season, more or less on par with Season 1, minus the severe lack of fucking.

But really, was i supposed to know who that Dalton guy was? If that's the case, i'm drawing a blank.

He's the big bad who sent Hood to kill Job in flashbacks. Aka the guy so scary they thought being under fucking Rabbit would be an improvement :D

Wiktor

Everyone got fucked. Except for that Native cop. What ever happened to him?

I think the stories are going to branch off next season. Hood and friends will be looking for Job in Philly, while Brock and co. will be dealing with Bunker's brother in Banshee.

That might be good idea. I mean...after killin Chayton and taking on a whole damn army base it might be hard to sell group of nazis as a real threat to Hood :D Of course, I'm sure if needed Banshee crew would be more than up to that task .

Amazing finale. Action was just superb.
I didn't like how Job was kidnapped, they were standing literally 10 meters away. Other than that i didn't have any problems. I hope even with the shooting location change we will see a lot of Proctor and others in Banshee. I think Hood will be looking for Job in some city.
Season 3 was great. I would say season 1 is still better, but 3 was still very, very good.
The only con is that there were a lot less sex and nudity. It's Banshee after all.

Denton

Loved it, great season. My only issue is that action scenes had too many cuts sometimes.
And sex. Banshee needs more of it.

Awesome finale. This whole season was a massive step up from season 2. Just the quality boost I needed to stick with this series in spite of all the other new shows vying for my time.

Man, I was thinking exactly the same thing during that blowtorch scene. They better not ruin the hottest guy on the show with nasty burns. I know all of our favorite shows can't have fireproof hunks, but it would be cool if Bunker somehow pulled a Parrish this one time.

Guess you could say I like my men how I like my bacon: Great big slabs of crispy well smoked meat.

Too much?

This, this, this. I can't think of a single reason why we shouldn't see more of these great actors. Especially given the length of season 4. Eight episodes are going to go by in a flash.
Fireproof hunks are the best. As long as all the particularly nasty tats are replaced with wicked cool but still body flattering scars, we'll be good to go.

Then Burton and Bunker and can make out to initiate them into series regular status.

I think i need to give Strike Back another chance. I absolutely love Banshee, but when i started Strike Back it didn't really do anything for me. I saw british season and Cinemax season 1.
And action wasn't as good as in Banshee, writing was meh, characters were ok. Should i give it another chance?

Nola dying didn't equate to anything, but a bad ass fight scene
Ex-wife love affair.
Dana cliche-rebellious plot line results to her just sitting outside the station.

I'm glad its 8 episodes which means less transition/filler plots

UrbanRats

Nola dying didn't equate to anything, but a bad ass fight scene
Ex-wife love affair.
Dana cliche-rebellious plot line results to her just sitting outside the station.

I'm glad its 8 episodes which means less transition/filler plots

Yeah 8 eps will be fine, even because they killed all the bad guys in this episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom