• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Banshee - Season 3 - Fridays on Cinemax

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Hood's eternal situation:
qxFs1.gif

jwebfhwegfbsidf hnweli

NOooooooooooooooola
:(

I would rather they kill her than have her string along with filler story like some show, but still :(

most action pack episode ever. Brings Season 1 intensity

Wowowowowowowowowowowowowowow. This episode was CRAZY.

So much! Everything! Stuff! 60 minutes! Things! All aspects! Banshee.

I can't even. Just whoa.

RS4-

What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

For a sec, I was hoping that it was some goddamn dream sequence. Amazing ep

Goddamn!!
Amazing episode. Action packed from beginning till end. And that ending. Hood's pretty screwed.

Getting away from armed thugs in a truck was easy. Siobhan's pissed and there is no pile of lies big enough to get him out of this. Unless there are 20 armed Kinaho opening fire in the next 10 seconds he's got to spill a lot of truth there.

Banshee just needs a director from Finland to complete the Scandinavia set, this one was made by a Norwegian and they already had a Dane and Swede do others. And it works so well, all the raw energy from a pulp series like this and the crazy novel filming techniques they come up with.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

I hate that Nola died (she was so fucking cool!!!) and I LOVED that the scene with the tomahawk coming out of nowhere towards Burton was a call back, of sorts, to this moment from season 1:

w6di1yF.gif

But, like, I admire the fuck out of them for having the integrity to kill her off. If Nola and Burton get into a fight, you know there's no way in hell they're both going come out the other side alive. One of them had to die.

And what a way to go out, eh? Great, brutal, vicious fight choreography, cool camera work, and Nola finally got to use her tomahawk in a fight scene!

Hot damn. Good shit Banshee. Good shit.

Natiko

Banned
That was an incredible episode. I almost gave up on this show part way through season 2, but as season 3 approached I decided to tough it out. So glad I did.

negitoro7

This fight easily tops tops Carrie vs Olek from Season 1, and that was a heckuva fight too. I said gawddaaamn at the whole episode tonight.

I hate that Nola died (she was so fucking cool!!!) and I LOVED that the scene with the tomahawk coming out of nowhere towards Burton was a call back, of sorts, to this moment from season 1:

w6di1yF.gif

But, like, I admire the fuck out of them for having the integrity to kill her off. If Nola and Burton get into a fight, you know there's no way in hell they're both going come out the other side alive. One of them had to die.

And what a way to go out, eh? Great, brutal, vicious fight choreography, cool camera work, and Nola finally got to use her tomahawk in a fight scene!

Hot damn. Good shit Banshee. Good shit.
I love both characters so much, so the fact that only one would make it to the end really sucked, but it gives the show stakes and that's incredibly important. (And I had a feeling Nola would die because Odette Annable has a new showing coming out soon.) My real worry was that both characters would die, that would be brutal. Burton is my fav so I'm extremely glad he lived, and that he's getting more attention this season. This fight will be remembered as a series highlight, so it's a very fitting end for such a cool character such as Nola.

And the cast is so supportive and lovey on twitter and stuff, and that's really cool. You can tell they poured their souls into it and the result is something amazing. I don't know why this show isn't a GAF obsession. It's phenomenal.

xrnzaaas

OMFG what an intense episode! And to think that after watching the first 10 minutes I thought that Nola-Burton fight would be the main highlight. :O

Turns out there was sooo much more:
- Hood getting owned twice
- The shock gloves!!!!
- Brock being badass
- Truck fatality
- Hood doing the right thing
- And that cliffhanger!

UrbanRats

Well they weren't kidding, a 10/10 episode.
Glad to see Banshee back to form.

The only thing i don't get is... that was a guy in a fat suit, right? Why didn't they take a real fat person?

charsace

Burton is one of the baddest and creepiest characters I have ever seen in cinema. God only knows what he would be doing in the world of Banshee if Proctor wasn't in control of him.

I love how close the fight was, giving off the feeling that either of them could die. Nola bit off more than she could chew though.

I'm speechless over Nola.

I can't believe it, I thought were we finally going to start getting some back story, but then that happened.

What a goddamn incredible fight though, but fucking bullshit man. I'll miss you, Nola. You just shouldn't have poked the bear, why did you poke the bear? Why?

Burton cemented god status this episode, can't wait to see him go up against Chayton.

Hood - lol. What more needs to be said?

UrbanRats

Burton is one of the baddest and creepiest characters I have ever seen in cinema. God only knows what he would be doing in the world of Banshee if Proctor wasn't in control of him.

I love how close the fight was, giving off the feeling that either of them could die. Nola bit off more than she could chew though.

Seems like Proctor (or at least somebody) is responsible for a large part of Burton's... quirks.

Also, even if Nola had managed to kill Burton in the end, in that conditions she wouldn't have been able to also kill Proctor, so i agree with you there.
She was pretty dumb to attack the Proctor manor like that.

Seems like Proctor (or at least somebody) is responsible for a large part of Burton's... quirks.

Also, even if Nola had managed to kill Burton in the end, in that conditions she wouldn't have been able to also kill Proctor, so i agree with you there.

She was pretty damn fierce though, probably the one of the fighters we've seen so far.

Crazy skills with that tomahawk.

In terms of threat...

Chayton
Burton
Nola
Hood
Siobhan
Carrie
Rebecca
Deva
Carrie's son, can't ever seem to remember his name
DA
Gordon

UrbanRats

She was pretty damn fierce though, probably the one of the fighters we've seen so far.

Crazy skills with that tomahawk.

In terms of threat...

Chayton
Burton
Nola
Hood
Siobhan
Carrie
Rebecca
Deva
Carrie's son, can't ever seem to remember his name
DA
Gordon

Siobhan over Carrie? No way.
Also you forgot Proctor, which we know is about on Hood level.
And if we go by videogame logic, Proctor (and therefore Hood) also has to be one step above Burton.

Siobhan over Carrie? No way.
Also you forgot Proctor, which we know is about on Hood level.
And if we go by videogame logic, Proctor (and therefore Hood) also has to be one step above Burton.

I don't know, I think Siobhan could take Carrie. She's smaller, faster and pretty damn tough, but then so is Carrie..Hmm, this may require some more thought.

I didn't put Proctor as we haven't really seen him cut loose yet, I have a feeling he might be on the same level as Chayton, but until we actually see him cut really loose and not just a random fight like the one he had against Hood, it's hard to really place him and how much of a threat he is.

charsace

Burton confirmed S-tier. My god.

I would say that a young, in his prime Sugar would be S-tier by himself. He was a contender as a boxer so you know back then he had hands beyond anyone else on the show. You combine that with the Negro Rage that scares officers into shooting us IRL out of fear and he would have been too much for anyone on Banshee.

blakep267

The entire thing was dumb instead of putting a few bullets on Burton first she throws a tomahawk.

The entire thing was dumb instead of putting a few bullets on Burton first she throws a tomahawk.

Most people probably wouldn't put up much of a fight after taking a tomahawk to the chest.

It also speaks to the confidence that Nola had in her hand to hand skills. She wanted it to be personal, to see the pain and fear in their eyes as she delivered the final blows.

Maybe even a touch of arrogance.

Siegcram

You're one of those people in the Flash thread, complaining why the police doesn't snipe the bad guys, aren't you?

Because that's not what people want to see.

Awesome episode. Amazing. So much action, violence, moving story forward.
And Siobhan knows. Oh my gooood. I'm interested in how relationship between her and Hood will progress.

That episode was crazy. Just jam-pack full of action.

Did Banshee always have post-credits scenes ? I have only seen this one and last week's.

Someone needs to snip that gif so it consists of a perfect loop of Brock shaking his head in a counter-motion to Platinum's ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom