• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Asylum |OT| Steroids 'n Counters

vazel said:
I can't believe Gordon is the same voice actor. He sounds nothing like he used to.
That's because it's not him. Tom Kane did the voice for Gordon, according to the credits in the demo.

Really excited for this game; excellent job on the thread, OP!

Ephemeris

bill0527 said:
I would have went with Newegg, but decided to keep my Gamestop pre-order because if you pre-order from them you get a bonus Scarecrow "Dem Bones" Challenge map.

Yeah, that's partly the reason why I haven't preordered yet. Can't decide among my options.

1) Gamestop for preorder bonus (though I'm hoping someone would share with me if I don't grab)
2) Amazon for nice price + release-date shipping.
3) Newegg for quick shipping and nice price + tax free.
4) Getting it Pre-Day-One at a local store somewhere in NYC. The most expensive option. But best "perk".

All of that, and I still haven't decided if I want the Special edition.

ezekial45 said:
For the PC folks, i'd recommend you make a section for all the mods.

Seconded.
at the bottom.

I love each and every one of you.

But special and possibly illegal love is reserved for the good Doctor. Well played sir.

Oh, and this is probably going to end up GOTY so enjoy kids!!!

Ephemeris

LabouredSubterfuge said:
I love each and every one of you.

But special and possibly illegal love is reserved for the good Doctor. Well played sir.

Oh, and this is probably going to end up GOTY so enjoy kids!!!
f824f6fac83b1964cf71e2ee133fce2b.gif

obonicus

Haunted said:
The PC version has Physx support, there's a nice comparison video here. I loved the Physx stuff in Mirror's Edge, really added a lot to the atmosphere.

It might be worth mentioning that PhysX is strictly Nvidia, for those who don't already know. There was also some 'AA only for Nvidia' shenanigans in the demo, though some people seem to have found a workaround.

Y2Kev said:
OMG I JUST PLAYED THE DEMO

MIND BLOWN
One of us, one of us! Goddamn I need this game, its actually putting me off playing anything else in my back-catalogue as they aren't the goddamn Batman! :lol

Serph

Banned
can not fucking wait for this......!!!

It had sort of fallen off my radar. Then I played the demo.

DAY 1

taoofjord

Since we have a little time to kill maybe we could list some of the best batman stories (including your favorite episodes from The Animated Series).

I've only read a little but the great batman stuff I've read/watched so far:

Film/TV
- Batman Begins
- The Dark Knight
- Batman TAS: Two Face Origin Episode
- Batman TAS: The episode with the father who has the cloaking suit in season one
- Batman TAS: The Mr. Freeze Origin Episode
- Batman TAS: Mask of the Phantasm

Comics/Graphic Novels
- The Dark Knight Returns
- Paul Dini and Bruce Timm's Mad Love
- Bruce Timm's Two of a Kind short comic
- Batman: Year One
- The Killing Joke
- The Long Halloween
- Arkham Asylum
- Hush

Everyone should buy this!
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001CTXUTQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20
The box it comes in is gorgeous.

Add to the list!

vazel

Banned
Just tried the pc demo and movement controls are fucked for my rumblepad 2. Looks like I have no choice to buy the 360 pad this is the third time I've had control issues on my rumblepad 2.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
taoofjord said:
Since we have a little time to kill maybe we could list some of the best batman stories (including your favorite episodes from The Animated Series).

I've only read a little but the great batman stuff I've read/watched so far:

Film/TV
- Batman Begins
- The Dark Knight
- Batman The Animated Series (I'm going through the entire series again now thanks to the amaaaazing complete box set):
- Two Face Origin Episode
- The episode with the father who has the cloaking suit in season one
- The Mr. Freeze Origin Episode
- Batman: TAS Mask of the Phantasm

Comics/Graphic Novels
- Paul Dini and Bruce Timm's Mad Love
- Bruce Timm's Two of a Kind short comic
- Batman: Year One
- The Killing Joke
- The Long Halloween
- Arkham Asylum
- Hush

Everyone should buy this!
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001CTXUTQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20
The box it comes in is gorgeous.

Add to the list!
You need to add Batman Beyond to your watch list. At the very least, watch the Return of the Joker movie, as it contains the canon DCAU final showdown between Batman and the Joker.

Ephemeris

For the 360 Bat-Family:

All Xbox LIVE subscribers can download the Batman Arkham Asylum demo from today. Gold subscribers will also be happy to know that an exclusive Batman Theme is coming your way at the end of August, so keep that one on your sonar.

DrBo42

Minamu said:
It looks a bit weird with the huge headshots cutoffs on the right side though :(
I think if I made it any wider, people would start sending me hate PMs. I got hold of really awesome high res renders and I wanted to show them off in a large scale, while still keeping enough space for text. Had to compromise a bit. Sorry.

jdogmoney said:
Old?

Smacks of an ARG, but I haven't the time to see how deep the rabbit hole goes right now...

It is but the outcome is pretty interesting.

I'll admit I ended up watching the end-results on youtube but that doesn't make them any less interesting.

Can you edit the topic name? Make it...The Official Batman: Arkham Asylum Thread of Steroids N Counters or something. It will be easy to scroll past and not notice if the first three words are something seemingly random.

That said, can't wait for Arkham Asylum. I'll be getting the 360 version.

I just played through the PC demo with everything maxed.

PhysX stuff is okay, I guess. I'll probably get it for the consoles if a Collector's Edition isn't annouced for the PC version.

i have only read The Dark Knight Returns, Year One, The Long Halloween, and Arkham Asylum.

out of all those, i think my favorite was the dark knight returns followed closely by the long halloween. year one was cool and arkham asylum was.... ok. the art style was a little disorienting and i had a hard time following what was going on in spots. the story was cool for what it is but it is my least favorite of the four that i've read.

i got the special edition on ps3 thanks to the joker maps!

MMaRsu

Playing the demo again trying to mix it up in the last room every time :p. While listening to Madvillain this shit is even better.. damn

I really just can't believe there is such a good Batman game coming :D. Batman has always been the shit in comics/movies/TAS but there have been few good Batman games. It's good to see that the bat is getting a game worthy of the name this time. I was saying quite a few times when the demo was just out "this is the Bioshock of this year" and it seems the reviews seem to echo that statement.

The games mechanics are awesome and UE3 works surprisingly well here. Everything performance wise is near perfect. I even love the fucking pause screen with that awesome filter. I wish we could get that unlockable for a new game+ :lol . And that coupled with zelda/metroidvania style exploration? Fucking amazing.

Malfunky

I think I'm gonna do a very rare double-dip for this one. PS3 and PC.

Or maybe just rent the PS3 version and buy the PC version a month later. I doubt the Joker maps will be exclusive forever, so we'll see.

Ephemeris

I try to mix it up by only using silent-takedowns on the first of those 3 armed dudes.

I aim for the head, batarang-KO one dude, and immediately jump over to the other as he's shooting at me, and I get my combo on.

"Good as dead" My Ass!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Great thread.

Had enormous amounts of fun with the demo version. Will probably buy the full game.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Very excited about this game. Might stay out of this thread until I've played it through as I don't want anything spoiled. Didn't even play the demo as I know I am getting it.

Might get this on PC and try to get it all hooked up on the projector. Image quality and framerate and some physics should be a lot better. Or the PS3 version... Ah well...

See you after I've finished it!

Top Bottom