• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

GeoGonzo

All done with NG+. Surprisingly easy! I could have sworn previous Arkham games had advanced enemies unlocked sooner in NG+, but I don't think they did that here. And tank battles felt exactly the same as in Hard. Oh well.

Vire

Can you find how many hours you've played on the PS4 version?

Not in the game itself, unless I'm unaware of it.. but here's a work around.

PlayStation button > Settings > System Storage > Application Saved Data > Batman : Arkham Knight

Not in the game itself, unless I'm unaware of it.. but here's a work around.

PlayStation button > Settings > System Storage > Application Saved Data > Batman : Arkham Knight

Yup, this is the only way as far as I know, to find out how many hours you've spent and I checked mine last night when I had beaten all side story missions except for riddler trophies to collect and then I beat the main game. 37hrs:38minutes:25secs, absolute blast, every second of it! This game truly lets you to #BeTheBatman

Ton unlock one of the AR challenges, it says to "perform 2 perfect shots in a row in a drone tank battle." Does that need to be during a story or side mission? I'm going to start NG+ regardless, but I was curious.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Ton unlock one of the AR challenges, it says to "perform 2 perfect shots in a row in a drone tank battle." Does that need to be during a story or side mission? I'm going to start NG+ regardless, but I was curious.

You can do it in an AR challenge. Access the challenge from within the game if you are unsure and not the menu.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
All done with NG+. Surprisingly easy! I could have sworn previous Arkham games had advanced enemies unlocked sooner in NG+, but I don't think they did that here. And tank battles felt exactly the same as in Hard. Oh well.

Yeah, I agree NG+ was not that hard at all. I was expecting the tank battles to be mega mega hard where you would get one shot killed.

Thankfully, it wasn;t all that more difficult than normal.

Unit24

I'm at the point in the story where
the cloudburst was just used.
Is this the point of no return for side missions?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I'm at the point in the story where
the cloudburst was just used.
Is this the point of no return for side missions?

There is no point of no return for side missions.

Nothing in this game is missable.

In fact, the only thing that I can think of that is missable in the Rocksteady (not Origins) is the Party Pooper trophy from Arkham Asylum, where you beat all the Jokers thugs up before the final boss.

Its lovely.

This game is so bizarre. You actually need to lock onto the exhaust port of the big drone tank before you can fire the 60mm cannon. But the 60mm cannon isn't a missile. Why do you need to lock on before firing?

I fired 4 or 5 60mm rounds into the exhaust port until I realized I needed to actually wait for the lock. So counterintuitive.

Compare this to War for Cybertron, where you just need to shoot at the weak point on big Bots. No locking on required. That game actually respects the player to do what's needed without any locking on timer.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Keep playing.

1235462_10151603392301681_1027968550_n1.jpg

This
giant drill
section is about to make me snap the goddamn disc in half. Wouldn't be so bad if controlling the batmobile wasn't complete ass

Permanently A

This
giant drill
section is about to make me snap the goddamn disc in half. Wouldn't be so bad if controlling the batmobile wasn't complete ass

Practice the tunnel you want to use a couple of times, I know I had trouble with the ones that make you drive on the ceiling. Once you're ready position yourself straight in front of the tunnel ready to drive into it. Wait for the drill to come around and shoot the drill (use only the right stick to aim so the batmobile stays facing the tunnel). Then switch mode and drive straight through. Each successful tunnel is a checkpoint so you have a lot of tries to get it right.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Practice the tunnel you want to use a couple of times, I know I had trouble with the ones that make you drive on the ceiling. Once you're ready position yourself straight in front of the tunnel ready to drive into it. Wait for the drill to come around and shoot the drill (use only the right stick to aim so the batmobile stays facing the tunnel). Then switch mode and drive straight through. Each successful tunnel is a checkpoint so you have a lot of tries to get it right.

I have a better tip.

Just switch to first person. For me, it made driving upside down 1000X easier.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
This
giant drill

I just parked the Batmobile at one of the entrances, and waited to get found. Made it a lot easier.

Also, I am amazed at (obtaining ending rant):
that the developers wouldn't realize that some people would do ALL of the content they could before getting to the end and wouldn't want to be "forced" to do the Riddler content to get a Knightfall ending.

Super frustrating. I do not know how however they need to patch that nonsense out.

Unit24

So I'm
in the tunnels looking for a way to scan for Ivy's big plant thing, and I just snuck past a bunch of drones on foot. I eventually find a switch that supposedly unlocks a security gate, I use it and get automatically switched over to the batmobile, and... nothing. There's still a big impassible wall in the way and I can't get through it.
Is this a bug, or am I just missing something?

Travo

So I'm
in the tunnels looking for a way to scan for Ivy's big plant thing, and I just snuck past a bunch of drones on foot. I eventually find a switch that supposedly unlocks a security gate, I use it and get automatically switched over to the batmobile, and... nothing. There's still a big impassible wall in the way and I can't get through it.
Is this a bug, or am I just missing something?

You don't have to drive on the ground.

Travo

Well then.

I tried that idea earlier with no success, but I guess I just didn't start from far enough away.

I got stuck there yesterday. I travelled on foot for quite a distance until I realized I had to have my Batmobile to move on.

lcap

Guys, I'm stuck in a riddler trophy near the movie studios with three switches and an green energy field on top of me. No matter what I do the energy field returns and I can't use the switches since they are off from the Shockwave as well. Any tips?

ok I just want to confirm for those who have beaten the game.

If I don't do the Riddler stuff completely is the last mission different? Is it an actually different ending or is it just an extra cutscene at the end similar to Halo if you beat the game in legendary?

You can spoil the answer if others don't wanna know I guess but if it's all done for like 60 seconds of an extra cutscene instead of an entirely different ending then eh.

ok I just want to confirm for those who have beaten the game.

If I don't do the Riddler stuff completely is the last mission different? Is it an actually different ending or is it just an extra cutscene at the end similar to Halo if you beat the game in legendary?

You can spoil the answer if others don't wanna know I guess but if it's all done for like 60 seconds of an extra cutscene instead of an entirely different ending then eh.

Seems like it's just extra footage. You can still do the final "thing".

There's different dialogue for everything depending on when you initiate the final thing after the last story segment though. I waited to initiate the protocol until I did everything else 100%.

TheFatMan

I'm really enjoying this game. However, am I the only person who would rather shoot themselves in the testicles than do Riddles?

Just saying.

I'm really enjoying this game. However, am I the only person who would rather shoot themselves in the testicles than do Riddles?

Just saying.

I'd probably complete them even if I hated them just to shut Riddler down. So damn smug, yet it's so satisfying to hear his mental breakdown as you complete them, then beat his ass.

It's one of the few things serving as a traditional boss fight in the game, if that's your thing.

Ambitious

46% of the main story done. My next objective is to
rescue Oracle from Scarecrow's safe house
. How much longer until I unlock fast travel?

Story spoilers:
The idea of bringing Joker back as a hallucination induced by fear toxin is just brilliant. Love it.

There is no fast travel.

The closes thing to that is upgrading the Batmobile boost, ejection system and grapnel boost to their maximum. If your destination is far away, you then get to max speed in the Batmobile, launch out as high as possible, then max-grapnel boost to your destination. If it's closer, use the Batmobile boost frequently

Riddler trophies in AA had a lot of charm especially the riddles. Lost a lot of that due to it being the 4th game and all. But due to ALL the Catwoman stuff plus final battle. Trohies should have been but down to maybe 150.

Still surprised by all the complaining though. This is no different then every open world game ever.

Story spoilers:
The idea of bringing Joker back as a hallucination induced by fear toxin is just brilliant. Love it.

No fast travel in this one, so far as I know. I didn't notice one, but I have fun gliding through the city. Lol

Ambitious

There is no fast travel.

The closes thing to that is upgrading the Batmobile boost, ejection system and grapnel boost to their maximum. If your destination is far away, you then get to max speed in the Batmobile, launch out as high as possible, then max-grapnel boost to your destination. If it's closer, use the Batmobile boost frequently

No fast travel in this one, so far as I know. I didn't notice one, but I have fun gliding through the city. Lol

Ugh. That's disappointing. Thanks, though.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
So I just watched the "full" ending on youtube, and I can't believe they thought it'd be a good idea to hide it behind the riddles. Without it you don't get any closure at all, I think.

So I just watched the "full" ending on youtube, and I can't believe they thought it'd be a good idea to hide it behind the riddles. Without it you don't get any closure at all, I think.

hence why you do what you want in this, and then watch the full ending on youtube. No need to spend 5+ hours doing shit you don't wanna do

Top Bottom