• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Nearing the end of the game, but so far it has been a real let down.
Very few villains, too many forced batmobile battles, alot of boring side quests.

Yeah City was imo much better at those points.
Still a good game, but expected so much more for the end of a trilogy

Beat the game. It was pretty good but probably my least favorite of the trilogy. Barely any boss fights and the ones that were there sucked.

Still, overall a good ending to the trilogy

Soooo, what all do I need to confront the Riddler? Be ause my mission progress puts me at 195/243. Do i jave to find all trophies, solve all riddles and break all breakables (already saved dudes with bombs)? It looks like there are more icons on my map than I might need

suaveric

Soooo, what all do I need to confront the Riddler? Be ause my mission progress puts me at 195/243. Do i jave to find all trophies, solve all riddles and break all breakables (already saved dudes with bombs)? It looks like there are more icons on my map than I might need

Final confrontation? Get all of that stuff.

Duxxy3

Just finished and man, what a big disappointment. I don't know if it's worse than Asylum because it's been so long since I finished that game, but it is absolutely worse than City.

suaveric

I'm at the end of the game, finished the main story and only have Riddler stuff to collect. I'm missing something on the weapon wheel. I've done all other side quests. Did I miss something or is that slot there for DLC?

I'm at the end of the game, finished the main story and only have Riddler stuff to collect. I'm missing something on the weapon wheel. I've done all other side quests. Did I miss something or is that slot there for DLC?

Yeah...i did too. You'll need this weapon to solve the riddler stuff too

Go back to the theater where you imprisoned Robin and where the 5 jokers were held. To the left of Robin's cell is the freeze grenade

You're missing something. One of them could be the freeze grenade, which is in Panessa Studios as you walk in on the left, next to the leftmost cell, and the other is the Disruptor, which is in the Evidence Room in GCPD.

suaveric

Yeah...i did too. You'll need this weapon to solve the riddler stuff too

Go back to the theater where you imprisoned Robin and where the 5 jokers were held. To the left of Robin's cell is the freeze grenade

It is the freeze grenade. So that's just sitting there, for the whole game? WTF

neoism

woooow this game is gettting soooooo good...

just beat all of the 3 jokers... i love the joker my fav villain of all time

also when the fuck do i get the
gadget that lets me electrify stuff to get riddler trophies

woooow this game is gettting soooooo good...

just beat all of the 3 jokers... i love the joker my fav villain of all time

also when the fuck do i get the
gadget that lets me electrify stuff to get riddler trophies

Go to the evidence room in gcpd. Its in a glass casing for your taking

HowZatOZ

Banned
Rocksteady's next game can't not be Justice League. Not with all those hints across the city including Lex Luthor, Superman, Green Arrow and more. Especially with their character "co-op" integration they've played with in this title it just makes so much sense.

Robert7lee

Neo Member
I've managed to beat every Arkham and 100% game but I've got a feeling this is the first I'm not going to complete because of the batmobile sections. Some of those AR challenges are driving me up the wall and as for new game plus, unless the checkpoints are the same
that cloudburst tank and the other Arkham knight vehicle boss fight in the tunnels
is going to be a bitch. So bad at driving in this game and dodging multiple incoming fire.

Vaga

What a ride

fibslavfzu.png

After beating the game I don't understand the batmobile complaints at all. I liked the traversal mode as well as the tank mode.

People kept saying how there was soooooo much batmobile in the game. Like, I feel the campaign is MAYBE a third batmobile. Not to mention the all sidequests that don't use the batmobile(watchtowers/banks/own the roads/etc).

Great game. SUPER well done. Production values through the fucking roof.

Deception

After beating the game I don't understand the batmobile complaints at all. I liked the traversal mode as well as the tank mode.

People kept saying how there was soooooo much batmobile in the game. Like, I feel the campaign is MAYBE a third batmobile. Not to mention the all sidequests that don't use the batmobile(watchtowers/banks/own the roads/etc).

Great game. SUPER well done. Production values through the fucking roof.

Was literally going to come in a post the same thing. Came into the game expecting to hate the Batmobile sections but they actually weren't too bad and I actually enjoyed the change in pace.

I really enjoyed the FPS segments of the game and I hope that's a hint that Rocksteady is doing a FPS game with Freeflow style combat.

Will it be obvious when the last story mission becomes available? I 100% the side content first but also want to get as far into the story as I can.

Is there a way to use the damaged Batsuit again after changing skins? I have it selected but it doesn't look beat up anymore even in my post-game save.

Bollocks

I like the game, however
after being exposed to the toxic gas and seeing Joker everywhere I ask myself constantly "Is this real?"
I fear I might be dreaming and they use this as a cheap plot twist.

valkyre

Love the game and - I am sure others must have complained about this- but that constant communications intercept every 30 mins is really really annoying...

3 games and still Rocksteady keeps this damn thing as irritating as ever??

Half of Gotham has a mortgage and the other half never saw batman in asylum or city....

You hear the same stuff over and over and over again and it is happening every 30 seconds or so... unbelievable...

I absolutely hate this and although this thing is trying to immerse you in the role of Batman it actually becomes ridiculous after a few sessions...

Dominator

Been about 4 days trying for Brutality 101... I'm on the verge of giving up but I'm so close to the Platinum. I don't know why this is so hard for me.

Just about finished the campaign and my only thought is... what the fuck happened at Rocksteady? Nearly everything is a steep downgrade from Arkham City. Story, combat, voice acting you name it.

Have to disagree, Arkham City is the worst one in the series, below Origins as well. Maybe that game just didn't click with me like the others.

GeoGonzo

Will it be obvious when the last story mission becomes available? I 100% the side content first but also want to get as far into the story as I can.

It is fairly obvious and Alfred will point it out saying something like "are you sure, sir? There may not be way back after that"

Also, (minor spoiler)
many sidequests have different dialogue depending on if you have or have not finished the main story yet. Both situations are interesting.

tuna_love

Banned
My evga code still hasn't come so I've been fucking around on Xbox version. Did some loading tests with external hdd and an external ssd. Tested pressing A to in game and dying.
From menu
HDd: 35s
SSD: 24s
After dying
HDD: 43s
SSD: 23s

Just about finished the campaign and my only thought is... what the fuck happened at Rocksteady? Nearly everything is a steep downgrade from Arkham City. Story, combat, voice acting you name it.

yep. throw in arkham knight (worst villain ever!) & the batmobile, & you've got a finished product that's actually less than the sum of the parts...

it's the prettiest batman game. but, in every other way, it makes asylum & city look even better than they already did...

GeoGonzo

Been about 4 days trying for Brutality 101... I'm on the verge of giving up but I'm so close to the Platinum. I don't know why this is so hard for me.
Okay this wont help you much now, but the proper way to get these kind of achievements is to, while you play through the game, always push yourself to try new combos. By the time you are done with the story it should be an easy task if it hasn't popped by chance already (like it happened to me this time).

Anyway, if you are bruteforcing this your best bet is to try the VR training where you fight along
Nightwing
, since it is much easier to not get interrupted when half of the enemies are busy fighting someone else. If you get hit just pause and restart the mission. Also, gadget special moves (done by holding with filled meter) are not the same move as uncharged gadget quickfire, so do both versions!

Neff

Here is a weird glitch. Middle and late game spoilers

I seem to have somehow missed when
Gordon finds out Babs is dead and was working for Bats.

She dies. I go to the PD and tell a cop, that cop says Gordon is out doing something.

Eventually people start talking like they know or Gordon knows or something.

Ive gotten to where I save Gordon and yea he knows shes dead and knows Bats is Bruce. And of course find out shes not dead...

When the frick did all of this happen? Bats never talked to Gordon about Babs or his ID. Is there a youtube clip I can watch somewhere?

Edit: I did see the
Babs revealed as Oracle
part but still no idea on the
reveal to James that shes dead
. Just a plot hole maybe?

There's a scene at
the Clock Tower where Batman shows Gordon Babs' Bat-console. Gordon realises it's Batman's fault that she's been kidnapped and goes to find her, telling him to "stay away from me."
I wasn't aware if it's a scene you can miss, I've gotten it three times now.

I do feel like there's something missing though.
When reuniting with Batman at the Arkham Knight headquarters, Gordon seems to be more sombre about Barbara's fate, possibly assuming she's dead, but then neither him nor Batman appear to be particularly surprised that she's still alive.
Maybe I missed something too.

GeoGonzo

There's a scene at
the Clock Tower where Batman shows Gordon Babs' Bat-console. Gordon realises it's Batman's fault that she's been kidnapped and goes to find her, telling him to "stay away from me."
I wasn't aware if it's a scene you can miss, I've gotten it three times now.

I do feel like there's something missing though.
When reuniting with Batman at the Arkham Knight headquarters, Gordon seems to be more sombre about Barbara's fate, possibly assuming she's dead, but then neither him nor Batman appear to be particularly surprised that she's still alive.
Maybe I missed something too.
Near endgame spoilers
Well, Batman told Cash about Barbara's death, then later intercepted a radio message of Gordon saying that he will kill scarecrow for what he did to his daughter. So batman assumes they both know about her death. What actually happened was that Gordon went to scarecrow as soon as he left the clocktower, knowing it was Batman's fault. Gordon said that by giving himself up he could deliver him Batman, who was certain to come to his rescue. When Gordon and Batman are both going up the elevator Batman is trying to apologize about Barbara, but Gordon stops him because he doesn't want to hear, and instead offers a veiled apology for what he is about to do "we are both the same, we'd do anything for our family"

Asked in the supposed Superman thread but it was lost.
Is WB games going to have a presence at this years SDCC?

They have to show their mobile RPG soon and maybe a Suicide Squad game teaser.

It's stupid how WB Montreal implemented alternate skins into the base game of Arkham Origins, but everything (or nearly everything?) is DLC in Arkham Knight. They also aren't as varied as Arkham Origins' or Arkham City's skins.

/alternate skins rant

Alienous

It's stupid how WB Montreal implemented alternate skins into the base game of Arkham Origins, but everything (or nearly everything?) is DLC in Arkham Knight. They also aren't as varied as Arkham Origins' or Arkham City's skins.

/alternate skins rant

They also had a multiplayer mode (developed my Splash Damage). But of course now we have to grovel and pay for skins and more than one character.

But hey, just saying.

graffix13

I think I am about 59% done with the main storyline and I'm enjoying it. The Batmobile is fun.

However, this still remains below City IMO. I have yet to finish it but I'd probably put Knight slightly above Asylum. Either way, all great games and I'm having a blast with it.

Done everything except the Riddler mission now. Looking forward to punching the Riddler in his smug bastard face. Or him having a massive paddy/breakdown akin to AC. That'd be fine.

Alienous

There are a few scenes that appear in the launch trailer and not in the game. Mostly group shots.

Scenes like
Scarecrow meeting with the villains, the Bat-Family in the clock tower, Gordon walking through the GCPD with Cash.

I guess they were made for the trailers. Some cool shots there.

Top Bottom