• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

AsfaeksBR

It's funny seeing someone be right at the beginning of the game, essentially. There's so much more that happens than I was expecting and I remember thinking it'd all be pretty straight forward like this segment.

So, what you're saying is that it gets worse as it proceeds?

Zakalwe

Banned
It doesnt handle (as you put in italics) beautifully. It's mostly just fine, but every so often racing along the street it would lose traction and just flip over.

It handles beautifully for me, not sure what's going on your end.

Every time I lose traction it's because I mistimed an input.

It handles beautifully for me, not sure what's going on your end.

Every time I lose traction it's because I mistimed an input.

Yeah, the controls really are fine. There's barely ever a time where the handling is even consequential, and when it is, some finesse is all that's needed to keep things on track. Chasing APCs, dodging rockets, side-swiping other trucks and hitting them with "immobilizers" (i.e. rockets) seems like it shouldn't work, but it all does, and it's fantastic.
I only wish you could rip them out of the APC then apprehend them yourself.

Ok after much debating with myself, and realizing I don't want to devote like an extra 8 fucking hours doing them, I decided I can beat the game doing everything BUT the Riddler trophy. They added way too fucking many trophies/riddles and I'm not about to do them. Fuck that. And from what I hear the extra cutscene content you get isn't that much either.

Seriously who added all of those riddler trophies and decided that the only way to get the best ending was to go and spend hours only doing that?

My biggest complaint, having played the PS4 version, is that the Batman Beyond costume was exclusive to Steam. That's my favorite costume and the rest of them look silly considering only the canon one looks all armored and shit.

I'm probably not too far off from finishing off the main story and I should be getting the third/hopefully final wave of some of the sidequests soon.

erawsd

I have only one save, the one the game creates. Now I discovered other things bugged, I post two screens:

Here on Miagani Island are listed four bombs. Sadly, there are only three of them. I googled a bit and on that island there are a total of three bombs to disarm, my game lists one more.

Here you can see how on Bleake Island I have 0/0 of blocks cleaned. I cleaned them all, of course, I double checked using a video and there are no barried zones. My save lists exactly no blocks on that island, and this is simply not true.

EDIT: By doing a search I found this:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/...59-militia-checkpoint-completion-glitch.html?

It's for PS4 and not for PC, but the glitch is the same :|

More of those things are added to the map as the story progresses. There are more than 3 and even 4 bombs of Miagami island.
There are 5.
. I cant remember how the checkpoint are added to Bleake, but I also remember having 0/0 there until some get added after a story mission.

FranXico

Ok after much debating with myself, and realizing I don't want to devote like an extra 8 fucking hours doing them, I decided I can beat the game doing everything BUT the Riddler trophy. They added way too fucking many trophies/riddles and I'm not about to do them. Fuck that. And from what I hear the extra cutscene content you get isn't that much either.

If you really don't have the patience to collect them, you can see how the final confrontation goes down here: The Riddler (spoilers).

If you really don't have the patience to collect them, you can see how the final confrontation goes down here: The Riddler (spoilers).

it's a combination of not having the patience, intolerance for padding out game time with way too many collectibles, and I have a lot of old school games I want to get to. The game is amazing and all but not enough to sour my opinion looking for way too many riddler stuff.

243 sounds like a lot but its really not. You can eaisly unlock half maybe more with decent exploration throughout the main story. I had 139/243 when finished. Took out 6 or 7 riddler men for trophy locations and had the rest done in 2 to 3 hours max. Remote batarang must of had better controlling because i got most of the annoying ones done in one shot.

Those chases are horrible. Not only are those vehicles faster than the Batmobile, they're by far more maneuverable.

They're only as fast as the Batmobile. You can catch up by boosting.

A few things I've seen people mention:

• Check if your controller is working properly. Some have said holding the trigger down doesn't bring the car to max speed on their controller, only to find a different controller worked properly.
  • Pay attention to the arrows in front of the APC. They'll indicate where it'll turn next.
  • Sideswipe (direction + A/X) and boost into other trucks to take them out quicker.
  • Holding B/Circle will disengage the immobilizer lock-on on the smaller trucks so you can try locking onto the APC again.
Personally, they're a blast. They're exactly the type of thing I was hoping would be possible in a Batman game featuring the Batmobile.

Jofamo

Well, I'm pretty sure at least Bleake Island is an error, because on Youtube there aere several blocks to clean, and a friend did them too.
Dunno what to think :S

I'll try to proceed with the plot to see what happens.

You're fine, it's not bugged. You haven't cleaned any checkpoints in Bleake Island because none have appeared yet, you're probably remembering wrong. More checkpoints, watchtowers, drones and road bombs appear throughout the story. The YouTube video you watched would have probably been near the end of the game.

I'm glad you liked them.

The Batmobile handles like a brick and, honestly, should be a little faster than the military transports and sedans it chases after.

It handles how it looks like it'd handles, yup.

It really is no slower than the APCs though. If you crash into walls while chasing them, you can still catch up to them, meaning they're not faster though. Have you tried any of the things I mentioned?

Tagg9

Question for you guys... I've finished everything except for the Riddler stuff. If I
activate Knightfall
now, can I still clean up the rest of the Riddler stuff afterwards? And
does the ending change if you get 100% completion
?

Draconian

Yeah, sorry, but these Riddler "platforming" challenges with the Batmobile are nothing short of terrible. Good grief what a waste of time.

That would be fine if it wasn't the Batmobile in a Batman game.

It takes some getting used to, yet it's doesn't handle poorly. "Brick" has a negative connotation, but it really does have a serious sense of weight to it, evident in it being able to smash through anything. It can easily be controlled well, though. Car control isn't quite Sleeping Dogs, but it isn't GTAIV either.

I assumed you wanted to have fun with the game, hence you're playing the game — if that's not the case, let me know and I won't bother you with suggestions on how to accomplish that.

Question for you guys... I've finished everything except for the Riddler stuff. If I
activate Knightfall
?

Yes and
you get more of an extended ending. Think Halo legendary ending.

FranXico

activate Knightfall
?

I think that you can only activate Knightfall after reaching 100% completion. The
Most Wanted screen becomes a Knightfall protocol countdown screen

I think that you can only activate Knightfall after reaching 100% completion. The
Most Wanted screen becomes a Knightfall protocol countdown screen

No you can actually activate Knightfall after completing 7/14 most wanted quest lines you just don't get the full ending unless you complete the game 100%.

So what were the major plot twists that some here were teasing about? I didn't experience any of it throughout the 37hrs of playtime! Amazing game though, on a gameplay level this is the most ambitious superhero/Batman game, but on a narrative level the game lacks the cohesive compelling aspect of AA and AC.

Regginator

So what were the major plot twists that some here were teasing about? I didn't experience any of it throughout the 37hrs of playtime! Amazing game though, on a gameplay level this is the most ambitious superhero/Batman game, but on a narrative level the game lacks the cohesive compelling aspect of AA and AC.

I'm thinking they were blown away by
Jason Todd being the Arkham Knight
, lol. I've read a lot of stuff about how this was the greatest Arkham in terms of narrative and "to lock yourself home because you do NOT want this spoiled". So excited at first and in hindsight the story is pretty non-existent to be honest.

Was this in the AR challenge version or the actual thing?

oh shit haha, nvm I was talking about the actual thing in-game. I just can't handle the batmobile well enough, and kept trying to be badass and dodge shit at the last minute. I learned my lesson eventually and took it nice and slow as there was plenty of time.

As to my distaste for Riddler stuff, I might change my tune once I'm closer to finishing the game depending on how much Riddler stuff I have.

I've apparently discovered the Batmobile's hidden invisibility mode...

ju9dhVV.jpg

MC Safety

It takes some getting used to, yet it's doesn't handle poorly. "Brick" has a negative connotation, but it really does have a serious sense of weight to it, evident in it being able to smash through anything. It can easily be controlled well, though. Car control isn't quite Sleeping Dogs, but it isn't GTAIV either.

I assumed you wanted to have fun with the game, hence you're playing the game — if that's not the case, let me know and I won't bother you with suggestions on how to accomplish that.

I played Arkham Knight and beat it. I opted not to collect all the junk. I wouldn't have played it to its conclusion if I wasn't enjoying it. I'm critical of certain parts of the game, yes.

We have differing opinions about what the Batmobile should be. Thank you for offering the tips.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Anyone have a hint how the batmobile scanner riddles work? I activate the scanner, follow the trail of question marks, then it ends (or I think so?) and I have no idea what to do.

The hunt is going smoothly. Only about 100 left

Nearly lost it at 5 perfect tank shots trophy. That was way harder than I thought it would be. 'Oh, you need to use the machine gun. Oh, you can't miss a single bullet. Oh, you can't get hit in the streak.' Took me a lot of retries.

Anyone have a hint how the batmobile scanner riddles work? I activate the scanner, follow the trail of question marks, then it ends (or I think so?) and I have no idea what to do.

Nearly lost it at 5 perfect tank shots trophy. That was way harder than I thought it would be. 'Oh, you need to use the machine gun. Oh, you can't miss a single bullet. Oh, you can't get hit in the streak.' Took me a lot of retries.

Make sure you move the camera while scanning all around, they sometimes go on ceilings and up buildings also through vents. There's even some where you have to use a ramp to jump from building to building to get the next mark

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Make sure you move the camera while scanning all around, they sometimes go on ceilings and up buildings also through vents. There's even some where you have to use a ramp to jump from building to building to get the next mark

ok, but do I just follow the trail til I hit the trophy? No other gadgets/actions required?

putarorex

Finished the main plotline in the game. Great story with some great voice acting.

I am in the "fuck the batmobile" crowd though. I didn't mind it at first, but there are some sequences later in the game that almost made me quit.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Finished the main plotline in the game. Great story with some great voice acting.

I am in the "fuck the batmobile" crowd though. I didn't mind it at first, but there are some sequences later in the game that almost made me quit.

The batmobile has single handedly made me hold off on getting the season pass.

I'm thinking they were blown away by
Jason Todd being the Arkham Knight
, lol. I've read a lot of stuff about how this was the greatest Arkham in terms of narrative and "to lock yourself home because you do NOT want this spoiled". So excited at first and in hindsight the story is pretty non-existent to be honest.

I would've been blown away if it was Ra's Al Ghul beneath the mask, but the moment when you hear AK calls Batman as "Old Man", it became unambiguous. With
Jason Todd
being the Arkham Knight, it didn't wow me at all. And this is also because the previous games doesn't even give a hint at all to the creation of Arkham Knight. The explanation to the character behind Arkham Knight is shown to Batman through the eyes of
Joker
and even then how did he come back alive after being
shot
. Why wasn't the
lazarus pit
referenced as a source to bring
him back alive
. Troy Baker is such an incredibly talented voice actor, but it felt like there wasn't much content for him to deliver for Harvey Dent and I couldn't
see him giving the character of
Jason Todd
the soul as he did with Joel from the Last of Us. I am unable to imagine
Jason Todd
sound like
Troy Baker
, and this may be due to the fact that I watched
Under The Redhood
a few years ago and wished they had used
Jensen Ackles
to play
JasonTodd/Arkham Knight
. I also liked the midly robotic voice when Arkham Knight was speaking through his visor, really liked him delivering some of the lines.

It would finally end with a piece of object that's revealed to be destructible! Destroy it with your r2 canon rounds, and explore the inside of the destroyed portion, you'd find Riddler Trophy

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

My god that trophy sucked.

However, I ended up getting it on Untouchable instead of what most guides recommend.

On untouchable you do have to be very quick, but at least the tanks dont move and it ends if you get hit, so you absolutely know you wont fail it due to getting hit.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I would've been blown away if it was Ra's Al Ghul beneath the mask. With
Jason Todd
being the Arkham Knight, it didn't wow me at all. And this is also because the previous games doesn't even give a hint at all to the creation of Arkham Knight. The explanation to the character behind Arkham Knight is shown to Batman through the eyes of
Joker
and even then how did he come back alive after being
shot
. Why wasn't the
lazarus pit
referenced as a source to bring
him back alive
. Troy Baker is such an incredibly talented voice actor, but it felt like there wasn't much content for him to deliver for Harvey Dent and I couldn't
see him giving the character of
Jason Todd
the soul as he did with Joel from the Last of Us. I am unable to imagine
Jason Todd
sound like
Troy Baker
, and this may be due to the fact that I watched
Under The Redhood
a few years ago and wished they had used
Jensen Ackles
to play
JasonTodd/Arkham Knight
. I also liked the midly robotic voice when Arkham Knight was speaking through his visor, really liked him delivering some of the lines.

In regards to the Lazrus pit
in the Arkham series Jason Todd didn't actually die. Batman just thought he did
unlike the normal DC continuity.

Top Bottom