• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins |OT| Justice from the head of Prototype And Hulk: UD

I am playing the PC version and got to Bane`s fight and it keeps freezing on me?
Anyone else got this??

I was thinking it may be my GPU temp and disabled the Physix but on the 3rd try it froze again.

From the sounds of things I believe that's the current state of things. Maybe they should have included the Steam Early Access banner on this game...

Beside that, the story is just absolutly boring so far, I just finished the first Deathstroke battle.
At this time, Arkham city has blown be away with a great beginning and so many different things going on. Origins is letting me cold.

You're extremely early in the story. Not saying you'll like it more later, but just to contextualise your critique.

Nokterian

No crashes,glitches what so ever so far. Everything on ultra dx 11 with physx high etc. Hitting a very good fps. This game has me more excited to play and even the combat you need to think before you act. AA en AC are fantastic in there own right but i went back to AC and it is just easy mode now. I like the little touches they did in AO and feels brutal but also a bruce who is still learning.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Ugh, are the Enigma data handlers glitched? According to the statistics page, I have 8 of the 20 data handlers interrogated even though I only spot 10 handlers left on my map, which would put me at 18. I was trying to do a lot of the side mission stuff before the post game because I know some side quests and whatnot glitch if you don't complete them before the story (or I've heard stories of them glitching). However, if the Enigma data handlers are glitched, then I just may skip the Enigma stuff entirely this time around...

Also, how much more do I have to go as far as the story? Normally, I wouldn't want to know but I'm worried there won't be many more predator rooms left. For reference, before spoilers, the statistics show that I'm at the 90% point in the story -
My current mission is to go scan the body at the morgue to see if it is Bane or not.

scoobs

Wow regarding the riddler stuff...
what a shitty resolution to that story line... I mean, its a nice nod to arkham asylum, but i wanted more for all that work i put in

Ugh, are the Enigma data handlers glitched? According to the statistics page, I have 8 of the 20 data handlers interrogated even though I only spot 10 handlers left on my map, which would put me at 18. I was trying to do a lot of the side mission stuff before the post game because I know some side quests and whatnot glitch if you don't complete them before the story (or I've heard stories of them glitching). However, if the Enigma data handlers are glitched, then I just may skip the Enigma stuff entirely this time around...

I think it's possible to glitch that. When you approach the handlers, the cowl computer does the facial-recognition analysis, but I've had where if I looked away before that was complete, the data handler wouldn't be highlighted and even after he surrendered, I couldn't interrogate him. Each time that happened, I fast-traveled away and came back before knocking the guy out out of fear that it would glitch somehow. I have had a data pack icon on my map even after collecting them all, so I guess the opposite can happen.

Buggy-ass game. I hope this isn't actually glitched for you. Try looking up spots for data handlers online and see if they still appear for you.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I think it's possible to glitch that. When you approach the handlers, the cowl computer does the facial-recognition analysis, but I've had where if I looked away before that was complete, the data handler wouldn't be highlighted and even after he surrendered, I couldn't interrogate him. Each time that happened, I fast-traveled away and came back before knocking the guy out out of fear that it would glitch somehow. I have had a data pack icon on my map even after collecting them all, so I guess the opposite can happen.

Buggy-ass game. I hope this isn't actually glitched for you. Try looking up spots for data handlers online and see if they still appear for you.

I was worried about the same thing you were with the facial recognition thing - although good news, regarding my situation, I think, there are apparently two data handlers
on each side of the Gotham Pioneer Bridge
that don't appear on the map but are still attainable. It's a fixable glitch at least. That should account for my 20!

This game definitely needed more time to cook though. I hate buggy games. No excuse for it.

Despite the bugs (that didn't happen to me yet besides two crashes) I am liking this game more than the overhyped Arkham City. The story is much more focused and I like the assassin concept. Also Batman is one of the few franchises where a prequel is actually interesting. 60fps on PC obviously helps to make the combat more enjoyable as well.

While I don't have the game, my friend came over and let me play a little bit of the PS3 version. I got to the part when you
capture some blond haired girl and put her in a cage (sorry don't remember her name)
. My friend told me that I didn't even get to see any of the new features yet since I only played the beginning. So while I didn't see anything new yet (except a new enemy type that was very hard to fight), it was surprisingly fun.

I haven't played a Batman game in so long that I forgot most of the controls. My friend had to take the controller from me because I kept hitting walls while gliding, so he did it himself for me :(

Regardless, I had a lot of fun. I might pick this up on Steam one day.

Also, how much more do I have to go as far as the story? Normally, I wouldn't want to know but I'm worried there won't be many more predator rooms left. For reference, before spoilers, the statistics show that I'm at the 90% point in the story -
My current mission is to go scan the body at the morgue to see if it is Bane or not.

Yeah enigma data handlers are glitched. Not everything shows up for me and if I interrogate one on the normal story and reveal the packs when I go onto new game plus and interrogate a handler they packs are not revealed.

I think you have 4 or 5 rooms left.

GeoGonzo

Bolding is mine:
There's nothing to "admit", as far as I can see. The combat is slighty faster (which is for the better) and the only jank i've come across during it is the occasional sliding enemy (not that they slide very far). I've used exactly the same tactics I did in AC and got a 60+ combo on my first go on a challenge map (without shock gloves, never got that far). I rarely if at all missed a punch, even when I have it is my fault for tipping the stick in the wrong direction. I don't see how the combat here is less "tactical" either.

The game's real problems are of the save corruptting variety :(
The gloves give a combo multiplier (making critical hits almost irrelevant) and allow you to frontally attack armored and shielded enemies. Yes, you need to charge them for a bit to use them but they honestly let you simply bounce between any kind of enemies still standing. It is just not a good idea, I think.

SJRB

Gold Member
I only use the shock gloves as either a last resort when a brawl just doesn't go my way, or when I'm greatly outnumbered by 'special' enemies like the martial artist, Venom user, etc.

Derrick01

Banned
Bolding is mine:

The gloves give a combo multiplier (making critical hits almost irrelevant) and allow you to frontally attack armored and shielded enemies. Yes, you need to charge them for a bit to use them but they honestly let you simply bounce between any kind of enemies still standing. It is just not a good idea, I think.

Yeah those were an awful idea but thankfully they're easily ignored in battle. It's hard to even accidentally trigger them.

Batman the animated series is such an amazing series.

That show needs to hit Netflix. Or Bluray.

Yeah it does. I still think it's the best cartoon tv show ever made. I would love to own a really high quality HD version of all those episodes. As for web viewing, I noticed last week that the WB website had a bunch of them up. Not the greatest quality, but completely watchable.

its fucking retarded that the game boots you back to main menu if your internet flakes out on ya.

sure the game autosaves like every other button input, but its still annoying.

Balphon

One of them won't show up until the postgame. You should be able to get the other 19, though.

Rnr1224

Surprisingly didn't encounter any glitches yet. My laptop is about 4 years old so I have run everything on low settings but the Burnley tower was the only glitch I saw. I just started new game plus so I'll post again if I find anything else.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Yeah it does. I still think it's the best cartoon tv show ever made. I would love to own a really high quality HD version of all those episodes. As for web viewing, I noticed last week that the WB website had a bunch of them up. Not the greatest quality, but completely watchable.

DC Animated has made their money off of me, that's for sure, but at least I can go back to this series on DVD any time I want. Secret best season of Batman: TAS: fourth season.

RPGCrazied

PS3 just got patched to 1.03. What it fixes is anyone's guess. Its small though, only like 56 megs, so I doubt it does much.

Timu

This game is a technical mess.o_O

Once you make it that far you don't have a whole lot left to do in the story, less than 3, maybe 2 hours even.

RPGCrazied

Also, why does the game autosave like every 5 seconds? I bet if there was a way to turn that off, or not do it so much, the PS3 version wouldn't have the framerate issue as much.

Lima

All mp achievements done, well that is a Saturday wasted. This MP is so awful. Glad I will never have to play it again.

Gotta love not knowing what a predator challenge entails until you're in the damned room AFTER you've already picked a modifier that cancels out what you need to do.

Am I crazy, or didn't AC have the actual challenge descriptions at the modifier selection screen?

Also, it must be said, the entire time I was fighting Firefly I was thinking "The Fury, THE FURY!"

I can't be the only one.

He's also voiced by Sundowner from Revengeance.

M3z_

Almost finished with this game and it's kind of ridiculous how little subtlety they exhibit in copying everything from AC without discrimination. I mean there is next to no new gameplay other than maybe the batclaw. It's kind of crazy just how hamfisted it is too, I mean venom containers instead of titan, glue grenade instead of freeze, all the same kinds of riddler puzzles, riddler informants, deadshot trace the buller side mission, and I'm sure there are more direct parallels that I am not listing.

Sad thing is even despite how shameless it all is from a gameplay perspective I still enjoy it because I think AC was one of my favorite games of the generation and the new story if enjoyable.

deim0s

This game is a technical mess.o_O

Been playing it for two days (around 15%++) and it shows... was wondering why QA didn't catch a lot of stuff (getting caught in geometry, gliding/hooks, clipping, choppy framerate on cutscenes and before/after it) - it's janky compared to AA or AC.

Seriously, they could've done better or limit the gadgets, it's basically more AC.

Sojgat

Tried to get into a MP game today on 360. It's been a full week since I tried last, and the game still just hangs in the lobby screen. I haven't been matched with a single person. Corrupt save means no SP, and the MP doesn't work either... this game was a total waste of money.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
PS3 just got patched to 1.03. What it fixes is anyone's guess. Its small though, only like 56 megs, so I doubt it does much.

Someone please report if this patch fixes the framerate issues... Other post patch impressions are welcome as well

So many angry people in the support forum. This is one broken-ass game across all platforms.

jey_16

Banned
Finished it just now....I enjoyed it but I'm a massive batman fan so even though it felt exactly like Arkham City, that was good enough for me. Story didn't feel as good compared to AC but I definitely liked the origin of the relationship between batman and the joker. Also, did anyone else think that Batman was being a bit of a dick towards Alfred? He improved towards the end though

I would kill for some Batmobile cut scenes in the next game even if we can't drive it

SJRB

Gold Member

At this point I'm not even going to bother installing the patches. I mean, the base game runs good, I don't even know what the purpose of those patches is anyway.

Saty

Warning: when you head for the Morgue mission, do not try to get the datapacks at the other end of the Burnsley sewers\water treatment. Once you activate the lift to get there you will get stuck when you head back because the elevator is reset so it's up and you can't do anything.

1024x575.resizedimage

D-e-f-

Banned
Warning: when you head for the Morgue mission, do not try to get the datapacks at the other end of the Burnsley sewers\water treatment. Once you activate the lift to get there you will get stuck when you head back because the elevator is reset so it's up and you can't do anything.

1024x575.resizedimage

Rushed QA? Rushed QA.

1024x575.resizedimage

There's an exit at the end of the sewers, ladder leads up to the surface. Yes, you'll have to go back around, no, your not stuck permanently.

EDIT: For anyone else who goes down into the sewers riddle hunting, once you go down the lift, you exit hereee (where I added the red circle):

@people playing on PC with a 360 controller, do you find that you keep standing up when you're trying to crouch? Feels like the deadzone for the right bumper is far too big, so if you don't hold the trigger down with real force it doesn't register

@people playing on PC with a 360 controller, do you find that you keep standing up when you're trying to crouch? Feels like the deadzone for the right bumper is far too big, so if you don't hold the trigger down with real force it doesn't register

Nah, I played the whole thing with controller. I didn't notice any difference from the palythrough I just did through of AC with the controller, and I didn't feel any difference to the console version. This was one of the best games I've played with controller actually. No funny disconnects or fussyness about when it has to be turned on at launch etc., last new game I played was Splinter Cell and I got all sorts of difficulty with that if I didn't have the controller on before the game launched.

Darklord

Banned
Still not sure if I want this game or not. If I still want the same thing and would choose either replaying Arkham City or buying this is it worth getting? Or from the sounds of it being a buggy mess...wait until the steam sales?

D-e-f-

Banned
Still not sure if I want this game or not. If I still want the same thing and would choose either replaying Arkham City or buying this is it worth getting? Or from the sounds of it being a buggy mess...wait until the steam sales?

If you're still not sure the answer is obvious: just wait.

deim0s

Someone please report if this patch fixes the framerate issues... Other post patch impressions are welcome as well

So many angry people in the support forum. This is one broken-ass game across all platforms.

On PS3, yep still stutters on cutscenes and on some loading bits, crashed on me too.

Top Bottom