• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins |OT| Justice from the head of Prototype And Hulk: UD

I get the feeling this collection, along with the Humble Bundle which includes some Origins DLC but not Origins, is all attempts to goose sales of this title. I'll bet WB had some pretty lofty sales expectations, and the reviews scores and game stability set them back a bit.
Yeah I feel the same, Origins probably did good, but not AA/AC good, I am speaking for myself here, but the money that went to the MP could have been used greatly in the SP, fixing the technical issues, more story content --much more--, and maybe a couple more new characters for challenge maps.

I just want to know if the bugs have been fixed?

Fix the combat and fix the bugs and I will easily bump the score up to 8/10
Try GAMEPROFF advice, disable the camera from the option menue, It will help alot.

Anyone else disappointed that Electrocutioner
only serves as a joke boss? Maybe WB Montreal ran out of ideas on how to make his boss fight interesting.
GREATLY, my main problem is that I
didn't get to fight 8 assassins, I only fought like 4 or something

SMART GAF please help!! When I exit the game on Steam Windows the game crashes on me. I always play my Steam games with 360 controller, so it's a bit annoying that I have to reach for my mouse to close the error message to continue to play other games or exit out. It's kinda annoying. Anyone know how to fix that?

Sojgat

Try GAMEPROFF advice, disable the camera from the option menue, It will help alot.

Holy shit, thanks to both of you for this advice. Turning off the camera assist in the Rocksteady games never really seemed to do much, so I never even bothered trying it in Origins, but it makes a world of difference. So, so, much better, especially in cramped spaces.

What does that do? Stop it from moving around?
I believe so, but from my experience it still moves around, just not all over the place as before, and you will have a better view of your surroundings.

Holy shit, thanks to both of you for this advice. Turning off the camera assist in the Rocksteady games never really seemed to do much, so I never even bothered trying it in Origins, but it makes a world of difference. So, so, much better, especially in cramped spaces.
Glad I am not the only one who found it helpful :D

I went back to play through Arkham City, and even though the combat in City is more enjoyable and "fun", I kinda miss the difficulty of Origins. Origin kicked my asss, while I can breeze through City on New Game + without breaking a sweat.

ohlawd

I just beat
Copperhead
and I'm wondering how far along I am? Gotta beat this by Wed night. Assume I don't do any sidequests.

I went back to play through Arkham City, and even though the combat in City is more enjoyable and "fun", I kinda miss the difficulty of Origins. Origin kicked my asss, while I can breeze through City on New Game + without breaking a sweat.

Yeah. The harder combat in Origins reflects the fact that this is early in Batman's career, so everything should be more of a struggle. At least that's how I rationalized the higher difficulty level in my mind.

SJRB

Gold Member
I just beat
Copperhead
and I'm wondering how far along I am? Gotta beat this by Wed night. Assume I don't do any sidequests.

If you go from mission to mission without exploring/sidemissions you can blast through it in a couple of hours.

Sober

Yeah. The harder combat in Origins reflects the fact that this is early in Batman's career, so everything should be more of a struggle. At least that's how I rationalized the higher difficulty level in my mind.
Combat difficulty in the overworld and the challenge rooms might not match up assuming challenge rooms = normal, and story mode = whatever you picked.

mario_O

Damn! the game crashed and I got a red screen for ten seconds, then the PC rebooted itself, I've lost a lot of progress too..I guess I'll wait and see if they fix it, I can't be bothered playing it in this fucking state.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Solving Gotham's oldest cold case was mildly diverting. Collecting all the Anarky tags was a waste of time. Tying the Enigma packs to the audio recordings gave me a reason to do them, but still was sort of unsatisfying.

Story was way more satisfying than any side stuff on this title. I think I'm good with my less-than-100% percentage.

Randam

Damn, those credits are long.
But I'm always afraid to skip them.
Don't want to miss something.

At the end the game got realy great.
At first it didn't click.

Now I'll be doing the rest of the side missions.

Btw.: so it was a bug that
the electrocutioner died in 1 hit
!?

strafer

Damn, those credits are long.
But I'm always afraid to skip them.
Don't want to miss something.

At the end the game got realy great.
At first it didn't click.

Now I'll be doing the rest of the side missions.

Btw.: so it was a bug that
the electrocutioner died in 1 hit
!?

No, it was suppose to happen.

strafer

oh.
didn't get that.

is he known to be not that much of a threat in the comics?

No idea really. But I guess from a gameplay standpoint it would be rather impossible to fight him with those gloves. Just look at Batman himself using them, he just tear shit up.

So has anyone figured out what actually triggers Deathstroke's uncounterable move? Because sometimes it happens as soon as I throw a punch after correctly countering him. It's a cool basic idea for a boss fight, but so poorly implemented and designed.

Lima

So has anyone figured out what actually triggers Deathstroke's uncounterable move? Because sometimes it happens as soon as I throw a punch after correctly countering him. It's a cool basic idea for a boss fight, but so poorly implemented and designed.

You can counter all moves. Not sure what you are talking about.

massoluk

Banned
This game has crashed my Wii U more than any other games combined. Are people seriously saying that it was worse at launch time on other platforms? Shiieeet.

Neff

This game has crashed my Wii U more than any other games combined. Are people seriously saying that it was worse at launch time on other platforms? Shiieeet.

Been on this for a good 15 hours and haven't had one freeze.

Sound went once though, which was weird.

Sober

So going back and playing some combat challenges in AC, hitting say a shielded thug or armoured thug with a batarang doesn't fail you out of your combo. No wonder I had gotten so comfortable using it and then AO tells you "nope, ya whiffed it, try again from the top".

tim1138

Whatever the Wii U update did, I got my first ever hard lock last night trying to do Challenge room stuff from the Bat cave.

Ambitious

The only thing I'm missing for 100% (excluding the challenge maps, not interested in them) are the last Shadow Vigilante challenge and the majority of the Worst Nightmare challenges.

I just started New Game+ as I didn't have any predator rooms left, so the latter won't be a problem, I guess.. but Shadow Vigilante?

Get a x50 combo with 15 variations in a MEDIUM or higher threat level without being hit

No chance in hell. x50 is doable, but 15 variations? My closest was 12, I think. And avoiding all hits? Ugh.

The only thing I'm missing for 100% (excluding the challenge maps, not interested in them) are the last Shadow Vigilante challenge and the majority of the Worst Nightmare challenges.

I just started New Game+ as I didn't have any predator rooms left, so the latter won't be a problem, I guess.. but Shadow Vigilante?

No chance in hell. x50 is doable, but 15 variations? My closest was 12, I think. And avoiding all hits? Ugh.

Fortunately, you can get the 50x combo, then just run off, dodging out of the way to avoid getting hit, then tick off the checklist of moves needed.

merrick97

Banned
Yeah I feel the same, Origins probably did good, but not AA/AC good, I am speaking for myself here, but the money that went to the MP could have been used greatly in the SP, fixing the technical issues, more story content --much more--, and maybe a couple more new characters for challenge maps.

GREATLY, my main problem is that I
didn't get to fight 8 assassins, I only fought like 4 or something

Doesn't help at all. Camera still makes it too easy for enemies to get cheap hits.

This happened to me by luck, so I am not sure if it will wield result for you, but anyway, you know Riddler's HQ ?!
There is a group of 6 enemies or something right in front of it, like guarding the building or something, all you need to do is like defeat 3 of them, varying your combos of course, then escape above into the Riddle's HQ, then go back outside, and get down to deal with the other remaining 3 enemies.

Hopefully this would do it, I didn't believe it when the challenge was done, but hey I am not complaining.
Doesn't help at all. Camera still makes it too easy for enemies to get cheap hits.
damn, sorry about that, can't find any way else.

GeoGonzo

Deathstroke himself has a counterattack that seems to be randomly triggered even when you're attacking him 'correctly,' i.e. immediately after countering one of his own attacks.
I did this fight 20 times or so till I managed to clear it without getting hit once, for the achievement... and I never saw an attack I couldn't counter.

IF you do press counter too soon you WILL get hit, though. So, the only thing you need to do is to not counter anything till it is about to hit you. Also, batclaw slam.

Skunkers

I did this fight 20 times or so till I managed to clear it without getting hit once, for the achievement... and I never saw an attack I couldn't counter.

IF you do press counter too soon you WILL get hit, though. So, the only thing you need to do is to not counter anything till it is about to hit you. Also, batclaw slam.

This. He doesn't have an uncounterable attack; but you cannot mash the counter button against him because he'll hit you if you try to counter several of his moves early. It's a good mechanic because it helps to teach the player to be more crisp during free flow, which is after all, how you get good at combos.

Top Bottom