• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins |OT| Justice from the head of Prototype And Hulk: UD

hmm I'm still early in the game but so far:

Pro

- fast travel
- combat system (of course)
- great atmosphere
- batcave (you can return at any time and talk to Alfred, change outfits or start training mode)
- art style is still awesome
- collectibles (but no trophies)
- it seems that there are many sidemissions
- graphics (still good)

Cons

- framerate is worse than Arkham City (when gliding)
- graphics (no improvements)
- no riddler trophies

Remember: I've only played 3 1/2 hours and finished the third story mission. Also, I still haven't found all of the sidemission-characters or unlocked all collectible stuff.

Sounds good, I just need impressions of dx11 on pc.

messed around with detective stuff yet? Heard there is a bit more than AC in terms of you have to go back to the batcave to do csi stuff too.

hmm, it's very linear until now. I don't know about going back to the batcave during these missions. Maybe later in the game?

Apart from that :p

They sound exactly the same from a gameplay perspective, so people are freaking out there over nothing.

It's pretty much the same but they are not well hidden imo.

How are boss fights? Better than AC?

Only had one boss fight so far. Nothing special, I will post some impressions after the next fight.

Launch trailer was nuts. I was getting a little worried because of the review embargo and all the skepticism, but early reports from players are mostly promising. As long as it's still a "good" Batman game I couldn't be happier. $37 on GMG so not a lot to complain about either way. Already activated Steam key.

Edit: I'm kind of expecting DX11 performance to be crazy shitty again, but I don't really care that much.

It's pretty much the same but they are not well hidden imo.

Are they actually little puzzles like city to obtian, or just pickups to find like in AA. I'm actually kind of more torn up about the lack of scan riddles, I love all the little references worked in with those.

Super excited overall though, all the stuff I'm hearing is music to my ears. Obviously I'll be expecting Rocksteady's next batman to be a real revolution, in terms of engine, features, story etc., but I am more than happy to get Arkham City 2.0 in just 2 years, with fresh environments etc. Exactly how I felt about Bioshock 2, and that was GOTF.

nai

I got a response from Green Man Gaming regarding the Deathstroke DLC.

Thanks for your message.
The DLC was contained within the key you received already.
It should automatically appear in your Steam library when the game goes live this Friday.

Rnr1224

game is preloaded and ready to go! Can't wait till Friday to try it out. Looks like since I'm able to run arkham city, I should be fine to run this

There's a full walkthrough on YT now if anyone doesn't care about spoilers.

From the looks of it, it took about 9.5 hours to finish.

What was his percentage when done? I guess I could do the AC story in that time, maybe even quicker. My actual playthrough last week took like...20-22 hours haha?

I'm at 26hrs now, trying to work towards 100%, at 76% right now. Riddler's revenge and new game plus are being chipped away at slowly. Finished everything in the regular playthrough though.

Derrick01

Banned
- no riddler trophies

ix600TxMW6ZYN.gif

That's arguably one of the best parts of AA/AC. I'm assuming there's something in place of them to unlock the challenge rooms and other stuff?

Are they actually little puzzles like city to obtian, or just pickups to find like in AA. I'm actually kind of more torn up about the lack of scan riddles, I love all the little references worked in with those.

Super excited overall though, all the stuff I'm hearing is music to my ears. Obviously I'll be expecting Rocksteady's next batman to be a real revolution, in terms of engine, features, story etc., but I am more than happy to get Arkham City 2.0 in just 2 years, with fresh environments etc. Exactly how I felt about Bioshock 2, and that was GOTF.

Most of them are just pickups :/ Maybe all of them

Anyone get the PS3 version early can tell me if it comes with a code in the box for knightfall? Or is that preorder only?

EU version here but yes, kinghtfall code is in the box

@ Derrick: Yes!

Holding off on the console version until I feel safe enough that a next-gen version isn't coming but my Vita copy of Blackgate should be shipping soon.

Ahasverus

ix600TxMW6ZYN.gif

That's arguably one of the best parts of AA/AC. I'm assuming there's something in place of them to unlock the challenge rooms and other stuff?

They are not trophies now, they are various objects, it's the same shit, only that it's not a green question mark now.

TentPole

You guys know what would be awesome? If Batman was the one who shoved that beer bottle monocle in Penguin's face.

Do you really think that would be awesome Or are you just dropping spoilers out of a snarky discontent with the story?

I genuinely don't know
and apologies in advance if it is the former and I am reading too much into your comment.

What was his percentage when done? I guess I could do the AC story in that time, maybe even quicker. My actual playthrough last week took like...20-22 hours haha?

I'm at 26% now, trying to work towards 100%, at 76% right now. Riddler's revenge and new game plus are being chipped away at slowly. Finished everything in the regular playthrough though.

Not sure, I sort of just skimmed through a few videos because I have no self control and wanted to know the plot.

As for as the main story goes, it certainly doesn't seem as dense with content as AC.

The big twist is actually pulled off better than I expected and this portrayal of the Joker is actually pretty awesome, although their interactions remind me way too much of The Dark Knight.

Do you really think that would be awesome Or are you just dropping spoilers out of a snarky discontent with the story?

I genuinely don't know
and apologies in advance if it is the former and I am reading too much into your comment.

IIRC it was from an old bar brawl,not Bats. I think they went into it a bit in City in Penguins story files.

I genuinely don't know

It's the former, bud. I'm just speculating.

I really hope they nail the story, but the AC clusterfuck has me with lowered expectations.

The End

Edit: I'm kind of expecting DX11 performance to be crazy shitty again, but I don't really care that much.

Considering how heavily Nvidia has been using it to sell new cards, I'd be kind of shocked if they didn't send an engineer or two to iron out problems.

Speaking of which, I wonder if Nvidia folks are getting deathstroke DLC.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Lol where are the boss fights?
Side missions are comparable to Arkham City (but I've only found three side mission characters so far so it could change)

So game is huuuuge then? how many assassins have you eliminated so far and what's your playtime?

please answer in spoiler tags, thanks.

hlhbk

Just got back from my serious next surgery to find the email from GMG with my key! Game is preloading now! I can't believe they might not actually be delaying the game on PC for a week for no reason at all!

So game is huuuuge then? how many assassins have you eliminated so far and what's your playtime?

please answer in spoiler tags, thanks.

I'm really not sure because you may fight some assassins a second time (I beat two of them). My playtime is about 4-5 hours. I did some side stuff, too.

kamspy

Preloading.

My dedicated physX card is ready. Next gen real time turbulence starts Friday. Let my drivers be ready Based Lord Huang.

Still can't decide if I should get this for PC, PS3, or Wii U...

I'm going Wii U/3DS, but I don't know which to play first. I know the 3DS version is a sequel to the Wii U version, but I'm more excited to try a nice Batrioidvania.

I'm one of those weird people that likes Asylum better than City too...

Lol where are the boss fights?
Side missions are comparable to Arkham City (but I've only found three side mission characters so far so it could change)

I dunno if this has anything to do with it, but the 8 assassins aren't all a part of the main story, some are a part of side missions, that's according to Eric Holmes.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Do we have a non-developer word on game length like from a reviewer or something (as in how really it'll take to beat the game by a fan of the series not the developer very exaggerated bullshit times)

Do we have a non-developer word on game length like from a reviewer or something (as in how really it'll take to beat the game by a fan of the series not the developer very exaggerated bullshit times)

Someone in this thread said he watched a walkthrough and it ended 9.5 hours in, don't know how many side missions that person did though.

Top Bottom