• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins |OT| Justice from the head of Prototype And Hulk: UD

vladdamad

Watched a short video of the opening 30 mins to see if I want to get this at launch or not. In terms of impressions,
it takes a while for the game to open up. Maybe I'm not remembering this correctly, but in Arkham City I'm pretty sure you can free roam after the first five minutes. Not the case here. 30 mins isn't that long, but the overall pacing seems to be a bit slower. I don't care much for story in these games, but it seems interesting enough, even having being spoiled on the ending. Gameplay is pretty much identical to the last two games, which is a good thing. Combat rooms seem to have been moved to the Batcave, which is a cool way to make them part of the story. Map seems a bit smaller than City, but I could be wrong.

Overall, not fully convinced yet, will wait for reviews. I do love the franchise though, so maybe I'll get this a couple of months down the line.

AHA-Lambda

Got my key in from GMG :)

I'm sure I won't be overly disappointed in this even with some off putting word of mouth coming in, I expected this to be too similar to the others and more of a cash grab anyway, but I loved AA and AC. Plus getting it for £12.50 from GMG really helped too :p

Like others, GMG keys are being sent out.

Let the preloads begin!

3051706450.png

pa22word

Just got my keys from GMG, but the keys they sent are kind of confusing me..

GMG sent me three different keys, 2 in the same format and a third in a different format. I prepurchased 2 copies of the game through them, so I'm wondering if they messed up and maybe only sent me a single Deathstroke code or something? I tried activating all three keys (I activated the differing prefix code first because it was the first code I had), and all three of them popped up as Arkham Origins when I tried redeeming them. So maybe they just sent me three keys by mistake? I dunno...

But yeah, if anyone would be able to confirm via posting how many codes they got for their single copy purchase and/or PM me their code prefix(es) so I can confirm what's going on it would alleviate a lot of worry on my end!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

GMG sent me three different keys, 2 in the same format and a third in a different format. I prepurchased 2 copies of the game through them, so I'm wondering if they messed up and maybe only sent me a single Deathstroke code or something? I tried activating all three keys (I activated the differing prefix code first because it was the first code I had), and all three of them popped up as Arkham Origins when I tried redeeming them. So maybe they just sent me three keys by mistake? I dunno...

But yeah, if anyone would be able to confirm via posting how many codes they got for their single copy purchase and/or PM me their code prefix(es) so I can confirm what's going on it would alleviate a lot of worry on my end!

I was sent only one key :/ XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX, three groups of five.

Tak3n

Banned

I only got one key as well, and hen a Steam error saying "the game is not out" etc, it seems others on steam forums got this error as well, but it still let me preload...

I am guessing GMG will send the Deathstroke DLC code on Friday

pa22word

I was sent only one key :/ XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX, three groups of five.

Hmm, thanks. I guess they just sent me an extra by mistake. Eases my mind quite a bit!

Awww yisss, I just recieved key for Batman Arkham Origins, preload can begin!

I snatched it for $30 on CDKeysDiscount.

Have you used this site in the past? Are the keys of Western Europe/AUS/NZ/NA descent? You should be able to tell based on what popped up when you activated the game or by checking what the game's name is by checking you account info (if it has the suffix "(ROW)" then the keys are fine).

Asking for some acquaintances who might be interested, but I don't want to send them to a site that sells (potentially stolen) Eastern Europe keys in the off chance Valve decides to revoke them after they've already spent $30 on the keys.

DieH@rd

Banned
Have you used this site in the past? Are the keys of Western Europe/AUS/NZ/NA descent? You should be able to tell based on what popped up when you activated the game or by checking what the game's name is by checking you account info (if it has the suffix "(ROW)" then the keys are fine).

Asking for some acquaintances who might be interested, but I don't want to send them to a site that sells (potentially stolen) Eastern Europe keys in the off chance Valve decides to revoke them after they've already spent $30 on the keys.

I've used it few times before and I had zero problems.

Damian.

Banned
Tempting... these guys send out legit [US] Steam keys?

They are legit keys, but most of the time they are region-free EU keys. Perfectly fine to use them, just stay away from anything you have to activate using a VPN. That goes from safe light gray territory to iffy dark gray territory. If you want a US key for cheap you can use eBay and get one of the Nvidia promo cards for $25-$30 and use that code to obtain a US Steam key.

Do they always send out another key for dlc? I think when I preordered darksiders 2 through GMG all the dlc was already included with the key. I'm sure deathstroke is included within the key already.

Derrick01

Banned
Thank god GMG sent the codes now. I'm leaving the state later today and won't get home until Sunday so it'll be nice to have this already downloaded and ready to go.

Lettuce

Just played through the first level/area......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnkcEe2b3ms

Doesn't seem to be much of a step forward from the last game uses soo many assets from rocksteady it's untrue and now playing the 2nd area and it seems a complete step backwards! The 2nd level has you tracking down radio masts and unscrambling the signal of the radio its sooo mind mumbling boring......I sure hope the game picks up pace as at the moment it's a borefest and brings nothing new to the table over the last game

AHA-Lambda

Ouch, Videogamer.com have said that they aren't getting review code until the day of release =/

There not a massive site obviously but still...

Ahasverus

So, guys, about that spoiler twist... it's not the final twist, things keep going, and xxxxxx is in for revenge too. Don't worry, it's not Hugo Strange all over again.

rmanthorp

Just played through the first level/area......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnkcEe2b3ms

Doesn't seem to be much of a step forward from the last game uses soo many assets from rocksteady it's untrue and now playing the 2nd area and it seems a complete step backwards! The 2nd level has you tracking down radio masts and unscrambling the signal of the radio its sooo mind mumbling boring......I sure hope the game picks up pace as at the moment it's a borefest and brings nothing new to the table over the last game

That's a shame. Keep us updated.

Raxious

So how many of the Skins will we be able to obtain without getting the season pass?

I know pre-ordering gives you 2 different skins.

Top Bottom