• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins |OT| Justice from the head of Prototype And Hulk: UD

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
And which costume/Elseworlds is that from? I don't recognize it.

Batman One Million

1541146-batman_one_million_by_mk01_d31rf0f.jpg

Someone spoil me if there are ANY new animations not counting cutscene stuff and the one off ones against bosses.

I still haven't found any footage of these new martial artist enemy types.

Origins doesn't have to do something new when the previous games are nearly perfect in terms of gameplay.
Arkham origins feels like Arkham City 2.0 which is a good thing (imo). Can't say anything about the story so far because I've only played 2 1/2 hours.

Ephemeris

Origins doesn't have to do something new when the previous games are nearly perfect in terms of gameplay.
Arkham origins feels like Arkham City 2.0 which is a good thing (imo). Can't say anything about the story so far because I've only played 2 1/2 hours.

That's what I wanted to hear.

witness

Can you tell me if there is a 3D mode like AC had on PS3?

Derrick01

Banned

That's precisely why I held off replaying AC, so I wouldn't get tired of that formula.

Honestly I wasn't expecting another huge evolution in the series from the 2nd studio, just a nice upgrade. Rocksteady's next game (assuming it's Batman) is when I expect the next big evolution in gameplay.

I just hope it's not a MMO or some other online focused game.

That's precisely why I held off replaying AC, so I wouldn't get tired of that formula.

Honestly I wasn't expecting another huge evolution in the series from the 2nd studio, just a nice upgrade. Rocksteady's next game (assuming it's Batman) is when I expect the next big evolution in gameplay.

I just hope it's not a MMO or some other online focused game.

About what im expecting. problem is, that i'm not seeing any 'nice upgrade' or really any from footage and dev previews atm. Feels like an expansion pack turned retail game length.

zainetor

Banned
About what im expecting. problem is, that i'm not seeing any 'nice upgrade' or really any from footage and dev previews atm. Feels like an expansion pack turned retail game length.

Sadly I agree. It feels like an expansion and recycled animations dont help at all in this regard.

nai

I'm guessing they were afraid of being lynched by fans if they changed too much.

mclem

Have there been any Digital Foundry-esque comparisons? Pondering whether to jump from 360 (for the previous two) to Wii U.

SJRB

Gold Member

This is PERFECT.

The devs never stated they were going to revolutionize the series. In fact, from the very first day Origins seemed like Arkham City 2.0, and I am happy that it turned out like that.

Getting it tomorrow. HYPE

Could you list some pro and cons so far? that'd be great.

hmm I'm still early in the game but so far:

Pro

- fast travel
- combat system (of course)
- great atmosphere
- batcave (you can return at any time and talk to Alfred, change outfits or start training mode)
- art style is still awesome
- collectibles (but no trophies)
- it seems that there are many sidemissions
- graphics (still good)

Cons

- framerate is worse than Arkham City (when gliding)
- graphics (no improvements)
- no riddler trophies

Remember: I've only played 3 1/2 hours and finished the third story mission. Also, I still haven't found all of the sidemission-characters or unlocked all collectible stuff.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Pro

- fast travel
- great atmosphere
- batcave (you can return at any time and talk to Alfred, change outfits or start training mode)
- graphics (still good)

Cons

- no riddler trophies

Remember: I've only played 3 1/2 hours and finished the third story mission. Also, I still haven't found all of the sidemission-characters or unlocked all collectible stuff.

Thanks a lot man!

RPGCrazied

Does the knightfall pack come with all new copies on PS3? I preordered just yesterday on Amazon and didn't see it. Just the deathstroke dlc.

About to spoiltag a question about this, it might be something you don't want to read yourself, feel free to ignore if so.

I thought on the achievements list, there was something about riddler trophies/enigma collectibles though?

There are enigma collectibles but no trophies :/

Also, I think there are no riddles where you have to "quick-scan" a room or a wall. I don't know how to describe it but I think you know what I mean ;)
Imo, it's a shame because the quick-scan-button still works.

Pro

- fast travel
- great atmosphere
- graphics (still good)

Cons

- no riddler trophies

wait you can change to other skins and costumes before new game + now?

More Batman is never a bad thing. I'm ready for more. Only question is do I bite at 60 or wait for a price drop? Reviews shall be my guiding light.

JazzmanZ

There are enigma collectibles but no trophies :/

Also, I think there are no riddles where you have to "quick-scan" a room or a wall. I don't know how to describe it but I think you know what I mean ;)
Imo, it's a shame because the quick-scan-button still works.

what are enigma collectibles? are they as frequent as trohpies?

Top Bottom