• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins |OT| Justice from the head of Prototype And Hulk: UD

neoism

kGC3Ptv.png

Damn it, Steam! Why!? The fuck did you people learn to count?

well it is the first game story wise.. :p

Eusis

I guess you could argue they're ordered by timeline

lol

well it is the first game story wise.. :p

New Steam sorting order: Chronological
Huh, in that light it's not so bad. Certainly better than some games that are clearly int he wrong order by every definition anyway.

Still, nip out that ™ and it'd be in release order, easy. And it could probably be compromised by having Steam sorting disregard ™ and other such marks entirely.

Oh wow, didn't know that.

Here's the exact quote man, I dunno if this fits in with what you're seeing in game right now.

Will all of the assassins be incorporated into the main story, or will some of them only be in side missions?
[–]WBGamesMontreal_EricEric Holmes 10 points 6 days ago
Most of them are in the main story. Some of them create grandstanding scenarios to draw Batman out, and so join the Most Wanted. Open world options FTW!

I just got an e-mail that this game is on its way to me. Completely forgot that I bought it...think I'm going to return it for now. I just don't have time right now lol

Eusis

According to the steam page atm it's actually releasing first on PC by quite an early leap. Listed as unlocking the 24th @ 5PM CST for me atm.
Midnight Launch... For the British.

We just get to coast along should they either not notice or not care, so in case they care I guess we should just shut up now and hope none of them read Neogaf and no one from the likes of Reddit points this out.

Lima

It's one thing to say you like AA better. To say that it "shits all over" the other game is something else entirely.

You want me to lie or what?

AA is a better game. If you think AC is better I don't like you.

This is the same when some silly people say that Dark Knight is better than Batman Begins. Sorry mate you are just wrong.

Yeah I guess that's right.
I don't know if this is a good thing though. So far this game is lacking boss fights/ real highlights.
Don't get me wrong it's still a great game.

Just answer yes or no to these three questions don't want to spoil anyone else.

Have you fought:

Deathstroke
Firefly
Lady Shiva
Electrocutioner
Copperhead

yet?

Cause I know for sure there are boss fights for all of them.

Just answer yes or no to these three questions don't want to spoil anyone else.

Have you fought:

Deathstroke
Firefly
Lady Shiva
Electrocutioner
Copperhead

yet?

Cause I know for sure there are boss fights for all of them.

Deathstroke - YES
Firefly - NO
Lady Shiva - NO
Electrocutioner - YES (but only once, that wasn't a real fight)
Copperhead - NO

Eusis

You want me to lie or what?

AA is a better game. If you think AC is better I don't like you.

This is the same when some silly people say that Dark Knight is better than Batman Begins. Sorry mate you are just wrong.
Welp, so much for the "not putting people down" thing I said earlier.

Xux

Kinda late for the Two-Face discussion but I'd have to say his voice was my favorite in that game.

Also, if I could've chosen I would've had Mr. Freeze's animated series voice before Batman and Joker's.

Okay I'm a masochist and spoiled all the plot for myself.

I like the plot considerably more than AC, there's alot more emotions in this and it feels really Batman-y.

Slixshot

Banned
Okay I'm a masochist and spoiled all the plot for myself.

I like the plot considerably more than AC, there's alot more emotions and mindfucking in this.

Good to hear. Honestly, I'm taking the opinion of people with Batman for icons fairly seriously considering how much they like the character/series. That could be a good or bad approach though...

Shaanyboi

Banned
Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but we got our copies of the Wii U version today, and I noticed two things about it:

1) The Deathstroke DLC is featured, and is downloadable
2) Human Head worked on the port in some capacity

man, i hope this isn't the rumored WiiU project they were supposedly working on...

Couldn't pass up the GMG deal. The game looks really good and I am sure the reviews will be positive. Pre-loading my copy now! Very excited!

Kabuto

Kinda late for the Two-Face discussion but I'd have to say his voice was my favorite in that game.

Also, if I could've chosen I would've had Mr. Freeze's animated series voice before Batman and Joker's.

I just looked it up and Mr. Freeze's voice actor, Michael Ansara, died three months ago :(

TDLink

That's a big surprise to be honest, considering the MP dev's track record.

YMMV. I played the PS3 beta and I thought the MP was terrible. The fact that it comes on a separate disc on 360 and was made by completely different devs should be a big warning sign. It really is a different game tacked on to a Batman Arkham game, featuring some Arkham gameplay if you get to play as Batman or Robin.

I was really disappointed in it and can't see myself playing more, which is why I am probably going for the $10 less MP-less Wii U version.

Lose points for lacking in parts or originality?

For lacking in parts (especially level design, collectible stuff and boss fights (so far)

YMMV. I played the PS3 beta and I thought the MP was terrible. The fact that it comes on a separate disc on 360 and was made by completely different devs should be a big warning sign. It really is a different game tacked on to a Batman Arkham game, featuring some Arkham gameplay if you get to play as Batman or Robin.

I was really disappointed in it and can't see myself playing more, which is why I am probably going for the $10 less MP-less Wii U version.

I can understand that. It really feels like a different game. It's not great but I like it. They should fix the crashes and lags though.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Mine says it unlocks in 14 hours.

TDLink

I can understand that. It really feels like a different game. It's not great but I like it. They should fix the crashes and lags though.

To be fair to the devs, I actually like the concept a lot. It just isn't executed incredibly well and doesn't feel like it should really be tacked on as a part of this game (they should have refined and expanded the concept and made it its own thing). I am also a bit surprised that they haven't fixed the crashes and lag since the beta.

bryanee

Amazon are preparing my Collectors Edition for despatch. I should fingers crossed get it Friday. I am so ready for a some more Batman gameplay.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
What region are you?

Straya cunt. It's 10:53am now. If it ticks over to "13 hours" when it's 11am then I guess it just unlocks at whatever midnight is in your region.

Top Bottom